Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Redskins’ Hall says he’ll target Tony Romo’s ribs

emor09

Apparently, you've never played football. Whether you want to believe it or not players and coaches have this very conversation. In short? Hit 'em where it hurts.

So, if Hall is chasing AFTER Romo sits to pee, he won't try and sack him unless he can also hit his ribs head-on? lol :ols:...

No matter what is discussed before the game, the adrenaline OF the game takes over and #1 priority on the list is always "get the tackle/sack". Where the hit takes place during the tackle drops down the list quickly. In fact, we tend to belittle players who care more about the "big hit" than stopping the player with a tackle.

Hall and Landry got burnt. I know Hall assignment was probably to pass off the coverage to Landry after 15 yards, but come on.

If you think Landry was going to cover Desean the whole play, then that's just crappy defensive play calling. They should have just doubled him.

I mean it's easy to get them confused, because they're always hurt. :silly:

LOL.

People don't remember DHall on that play, because he was waaaaaay behind on the coverage.

Hall and Landry got burnt. I know Hall assignment was probably to pass off the coverage to Landry after 15 yards, but come on.

If you think Landry was going to cover Desean the whole play, then that's just crappy defensive play calling. They should have just doubled him.

LOL.

People don't remember DHall on that play, because he was waaaaaay behind on the coverage.

So, passing a WR off to the safety--which is what the play is designed to do--is "getting burnt"?

for those saying this is bulletin board material and it will make the pukes play harder, I feel sorry for them if this is what it takes to play hard against an NFCE opponent. Hating each other is enough to get my blood boiling and stomp their face. If they don't know we'll come after Romo sits to pee and try to him then they must be living in fantasy land

If the Cowboys coaches did NOT think to over-protect Romo sits to pee and his ribs before this, then they are complete idiots :ols:...Hall hasn't given anything away.

I just posted this in the yahoo thread but if Bill Belichick had been handling this we would think that Romo sits to pee had a sore neck and Felix Jones had a stinger. Jerrah is such a glory hound that he would rather brag about how tough his players are so he can get more face time.

So, passing a WR off to the safety--which is what the play is designed to do--is "getting burnt"?

Notice I said probably.

But after watching the replay (i'll save your the pain from watching it all over again), Hall is about 10 yards back with no other receiver around for him to cover. I doubt its a zone coverage.

Plus, Hall was the one checking him at the ling of scrimmage at the beginning of the play. After the ball was caught, he's ten yards behind the play. To me, that means he got burnt.

Edit: And if the play was designed to pass the coverage off to the safety to cover the fastest player on the field, then like I said before thats crappy defensive play calling. I'll give Haslett more credit then that. Your man just got burnt plain and simple.

Nothing wrong with targeting an injured player's weakness. Talking about it, however, is not really advisable.

I would agree with you if we were talking about his knee or if had a concussion where it would require a dirty hit to inflict more damage, but we're talking about his ribs. That's where you're supposed to lay into somebody.

More power to D Hall...

Well seeing as how it's illegal to hit a QB near the helmet area and it's now illegal to go near a QB's knees it really doesn't leave him much choice.
... we're talking about his ribs. That's where you're supposed to lay into somebody.

This is what I was getting at earlier :yes:...Saying you're going after Romo sits to pee's ribs is basically like saying "if Romo sits to pee is still standing, I'm gonna try and tackle him" :ols:...

I kind of wish we were 0-2 and nobody was saying ANYTHING at all. I guess this is normal but you don't want to give Dallas anymore motivation to beat us than they already have.

Works the other way sometimes also, can get them trying harder than normal and not playing the way they usually do, which can lead to over pursuit and being out of position.

Archived