Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Redskins’ Hall says he’ll target Tony Romo’s ribs

emor09

Has anyone said this: It should be bulletin board material that this overrated QB is considering playing against our D in this condition.

You think Kolb felt those hits he took Sunday? Shoood!!! Yes, I'll admit Romo sits to pee is good at times, but c'mon one "juiced up" - read "painkillers" game against a bad defense and he's America's Team Captain, blah, blah blah...were just warming up his seat over here at BSPN. Canton is waiting for you too, Romo sits to pee. Give me a break.

I'm having a hard time getting too excited about what DHall said. I just don't see much controversy here. He wants to hit Tony R(h)omo hard. Whoop-dee-doo.

For those worried about "bulletin board material", give me a break. One team will win because it outplayed the other on the field for 60 minutes, no other reason. In the 4th quarter when the game is on the line, I really doubt any players will be thinking about what DHall said about the Romosexual a few days earlier.

Thank You!!

Per Skip Bayless' Twitter

Please talk some more bulletin-board stuff, DHall! Pour more gasoline on that Jerryworld blaze, baby. Come on, say you'll end Romo sits to pee's season.

Id rather Hall be more concerned with covering Dez Bryant than trying to get a CB blitz called.Not sure how injured Dez is but he's dangerous.We know Austin is out so its kinda a one horse show.That said though,save your talking till after the game please.Divisional games are to tough to give ammo to the opponents.Plus the fact that now the refs are gonna be lookin for roughing calls.And add that we in their house....The flags will fly.

Am I the only one that thinks Romo sits to pee's injury is being overstated? I mean, if there were any signs that this alleged punctured lung was serious, he would have never went back in the game, and he would have never got on the team plane back to Dallas, as flying with this condition can be very dangerous. I think it's an attempt to get the story off of how inept he was against the Jets in the 4th quarter and get people focused on how "tough" this guy is. Well Tony, if you suit up against the Skins, you better be ready to take a hit from our OLBs.

I'm having a hard time getting too excited about what DHall said. I just don't see much controversy here. He wants to hit Tony R(h)omo hard. Whoop-dee-doo.

For those worried about "bulletin board material", give me a break. One team will win because it outplayed the other on the field for 60 minutes, no other reason. In the 4th quarter when the game is on the line, I really doubt any players will be thinking about what DHall said about the:..... edit,rhymes with Romo sits to pee..... a few days earlier.

Might wanna edit that buddy.Just got off a one week suspension for saying that exact word.Pretty sad yes but just a warning.

No problem with what he said. The mid-section is about the only place he can hit him. The reporter that asked him this question got exactly what he wanted. A controversial answer. Who cares how he answered it. It's Redskins/Cowboys weeks, it's what we want to hear.

Of course I am pissed he said something. Yeah It IS football and it IS a contact sport and naturally any competitor is going to go after weaknesses. BUT every player knows that. YOU DON'T have to SAY it. Just fueling the crap out of them.

The game is going to be tough enough without Hall, who got his butt burned by Fitzgerald, by the by running his pie hole.

I cant believe some of you fools think this comment will change any outcome of this game... its the friggin Redskins vs. Cowboys on MNF....It will be intense to the max already....

---------- Post added September-22nd-2011 at 07:19 PM ----------

I want Romo sits to pee carried off the field monday night in tears. Go Get em Skins!

I see D Hall and many of the fans here get their class from the head coach. Shanny's classless attitude is rubbing off after all

As someone who's played several sports his entire life...this is appalling

Well maybe you ought to stick to figure skating, Tinkerbell.

This is football, it always has been football, it's never been dirty, it's always been a part of the game. Injuries asnd pain are an integral part of football, because unlike other sports you may be interested in, attrition factors in football. Making the other guy hurt is part of the game. Bumps and bruises, they factor.

when you see a fullback or a big halfdback slam into a linebacker at full force, you think it doesn't hurt?

How about after he does it 12 or 13 times? Ever see that linebacker start to slow down in the second half because of it?

Part of the game. Punish your opponent. Weaken his ability to punish YOU.,

If the Cowboys want to protect Romo sits to pee, they can bench him. If they don't, well, he's taken the field with an exploitable weakness. And their opponents SHOULD target it. Repeatedly. If they don't, they're not trying to win.

People like you trip me out.

You think this is "appalling" yet you have no problem watching the NFL do you?

You ever see these guys 20 years after they retire? You ever see Wilbur Marshall lately? He can't walk. Ever watch Joe Theismann take more than few steps? It isn't pretty.

But we love those guys. They put that out there. For us.

They cripple themselves. For your entertainment, and you enjoy it.

So shut up with all the whining about what is appalling. Your ability to ignore the actual truth about what football is and what it does to the men who play it is appalling.

Wag your finger at yourself for even watchingin the first place. You can't just pick and choose which parts of the game appall you. That's dishonest and ignorant.

If you like football at all, then you're OK with the brutality that is at the essence of the sport. If you're not, well why the hell do you like football? You can't reconcile it out of the game, it's always there. So if you like football, you have accepted it.

Every player out there can be paralyzed on pretty much any play. Large men are out there moving VERY fast with malicious intent during every single second of the game.

Exploiting an injury is part of this game. exploiting an opponent's weaknesses are a part of ANY sport. In football, injuries an an accepted ingrained weakness that can strike any team, any time.

Either accept football for the sport it is, or go watch golf.

~Bang

let's not forget the first redskin to hurt him:

(snip pic of pass hitting Carlos Rogers in the head)

OMG. And I thought we should keep him for the right price, before re-reading how at one point he didn't want to go on the field because he thought it would lower his FA value. Great gif, Tiger.

Man oh man. :ols: Everyone just needs to calm down and realize that if you want to claim that the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry is the best in the NFL or etc. then things like this are said. Hall grew up a Skins fan and hates the Cowboys just as much as we do and what he said was basically stating the obvious. Really nothing to see here at all. Redskins vs. Cowboys on Monday Night Football aka nuff said.

Man oh man. :ols: Everyone just needs to calm down and realize that if you want to claim that the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry is the best in the NFL or etc. then things like this are said. Hall grew up a Skins fan and hates the Cowboys just as much as we do and what he said was basically stating the obvious. Really nothing to see here at all. Redskins vs. Cowboys on Monday Night Football aka nuff said.

You're too young to recall this one, but you may have heard about it.

In 1978 or 79 we had the Cowboys on the ropes. Riggins was running wild, we had a fat halftime lead.

Staubach made a big comeback and we lost in the end to a last second Td to Tony Hill.

After the game, Cowboys DE Harvey Martin kicked open the Redskins locker room door and threw a funeral wreath in, then slammed the door.

Man did it ever piss me off. But over time I've come to see it as a great moment for the rivlary, if not for the Redskins.

I can only help but wonder about what would happen if he did that today. Probably a bunch of pantywastes crying about the death metaphor.

then I think about Russ Grimm telling randy White we're going to run it right down his throat, and then we do, while Grimm has a personal party all over White.

And I wonder if people could stomach the brutality of targeting a man and then hammering him til it hurts.

Hardly seems sporting.

~Bang

You're too young to recall this one, but you may have heard about it.

In 1978 or 79 we had the Cowboys on the ropes. Riggins was running wild, we had a fat halftime lead.

Staubach made a big comeback and we lost in the end to a last second Td to Tony Hill.

After the game, Cowboys DE Harvey Martin kicked open the Redskins locker room door and threw a funeral wreath in, then slammed the door.

Free agency, turnover, and over commercialization of the NFL has ruined rivalries in the NFL.

I remember how much I hated the cowboys. Seemingly hating the same people for years. Now it seems like the majority of rosters change every 3-5 years. It's much harder to get jacked up over a game in comparison. I used to have trouble sleeping from excitement and nervousness over the game.

Redskins/Cowboys is the best rivalry in the NFL. i love the mediots who think its ravens-steelers when that series has been 1 sided

I won't deny that we have one of the best rivalries. Sports Illustrated has called our rivalry one of the "best of all time" and "one of the greatest in all of sports." I'm also a HUGE skins fan. BUT, let's be honest. Our rivalry is probably even more lopsided, with the Crygirls leading 60-38.. Doesn't matter though, cause after this year, that lead will fall to 60-40 :)

Archived