Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com (Video) Jamie Dukes: Redskins benefiting from "fortuitous schedule" due to "injury situation"

Commander PK

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d8226317b/Turnaround-in-Washington?module=HP11_content_stream

Dukes starts out the video by giving credit to the coaches, Defense, Grossman, O-Line, running game, etc. Basically stating "all the right things."

but then he goes here...and I paraphrase:

"The Redskin's schedule has been very fortuitous from one aspect. You look at the team they played Week #1, that was the New York Giants. The New York Giants had a secondary that was completely decimated, so that is why the Redskins were able to have success there."

so basically the Redskins beat the Giants because they had injuries.

then he states further with regards to the Cardinals

"We know what happened... Cam Newton lit up the Cardinals secondary for 422 yards, so we know that they have issues there in the secondary. Now here comes the Dallas Cowboys, who ALSO have some injuries in the secondary, Terrence Newman not being a part of that...etc. etc. etc.

Dukes closes by stating that the Skins are winning because the teams they are beating/about to play are not as good as they would normally be because of the "injury situation."

First off: The Redskins beat the Giants by 14 points. You can't just chalk that up to the Giants having some people out due to injury on defense. The Giants had no major injuries on offense, and the Redskins defense completely OWNED their offense most of the game.

Secondly: Cam Newton also destroyed that vaunted Green Bay Packers defense for 432 yards. Do the Super Bowl Champion Packers also have "issues" similar to the Cardinals in the secondary? Maybe Newton is just playing well.

Thirdly: The game hasn't even been played yet, and he is talking about how the Cowboys are ALSO having issues in the secondary, with Terrence Newman being out. Already making excuses for them.

so to sum up. Dukes basically gives the Redskins their due credit at the beginning of the video, but then speaks out of both sides of his mouth when he states (paraphrased)

"basically the Redskins are benefiting from teams not being as good as they would be due to the "injury situation."

The Giants had some injuries, but who of consequence was missing on the Cardinals? The Skins haven't even played against the Cowboys yet, and he is already giving them excuses for why we might win?

What a joke. Bulletin Board material for the team.

So he picked the Redskins to go 3-13 and now he's just trying to cover his own ass, lol. He must expect us to beat the Pukes by pre-establishing that they are missing db's, as if we aren't. It's just that the fact that we are missing ours didn't cost us games.

The fact is, everybody expects us to probably fall apart after a few weeks. Every time the Redskins start strong it ends up happening so this buys them time for their predictions to seem OK.

What happens if they keep winning though? Oh, nobody expected them to win. They just came out of nowhere.

LOL, I hate that fat ass. I don't care what anyone in the media says about our team, good or bad, but I love it when we make Dukes sweat even more than that chunky chubs already does.

Did he note that our starting corners were our first and fourth strings by the end of the game? And that our SIXTH-string corner made the game-winning play?

Damn I hate him.

Worst analyst on TV....right up there with Collinsworth. I flip the channel any time he talks. So arrogant, he dominates every interaction with other analysts and has to prove them wrog to prove himself right. Annoying.

Having said that, we were down to our 4th and 5th corner at one point in the cardinals game...technically our 5th and a guy who woldnt even be on the team given the Buchanon suspension. Our best player on D was out just like theirs was. And Kolb and that offense are supposed to be elite.

How about our injuries Jamie?

Worst analyst on TV....right up there with Collinsworth. I flip the channel any time he talks. So arrogant, he dominates every interaction with other analysts and has to prove them wrog to prove himself right. Annoying.

Having said that, we were down to our 4th and 5th corner at one point in the cardinals game...technically our 5th and a guy who woldnt even be on the team given the Buchanon suspension. Our best player on D was out just like theirs was. And Kolb and that offense are supposed to be elite.

How about our injuries Jamie?

You got to be kidding me. Don't you know? Our injuries don't count.

When they talk about the Giants secondary being banged up ... I seem to remeber Webster (former 2nd round pick) and Ross (former 1st round pick) and Rolle and Phillips all starting for the G-Men when we played them . They were missing Thomas and Prince and a little depth ..

We were missing Landry (key part of our D), Buchanan and Moore, and Wilson was coming off injury as was Atogwe... It is not as if they were playing 7th round rookies and UDFAs for big chunks of the games as we were against the Cards ... but you know as he and as GHH would say - we got lucky ...

Pah

Just on the point about the Redskins and comming out of nowhere - I was talking to a guy I met at a science suppliers fair and he said - never underestimate a shanahan team - I think the media like to bash the Skins and most of them are barely aware we are not coached by Steve Spurrier with Vinny C calling the shots ....

I often wonder about these analysts who make statements like that not taking all the facts into consideration. Are the Redskins the only team they make these errors on? Do they really hit the analysis dead on with 31 teams and blow it with the Redskins? I don't think so. We notice it more with the Redskin analysis, but there is no way they're right with the other 31 teams. So I watch them rarely, and believe little of what they say when I do watch them. I have not watched any ESPN in years, except when they have a football game on.

Yep, that Packers defense is a joke too, just because Cam Newton lit them up (Actually, they're probably worst in the league as far as yardage goes because they had Drew Brees in week 1). Jamie Dukes was a big McNabb jocker, and he's still mad at the team for the whole McNabb thing.

How this guys has a job still is beyond me, maybe people just like watching his fat ass sweat during segments.

HAIL!

While I agree with what everyone on the board it saying. Let them keep hating I hate bandwagon jumpers anyways! It's either your on or your not.

I think the biggest glaring issue with this is the fact that Cam Newtow lit up the packers secondary and they are one of the best teams in the league. I'm sure if we played the packers and won they would have some sort of excuse. But as long as the Skins are winning and taking care of business who care what the "experts" say.

Guys its only been two games. These guys will not come out and eat crow after some of them insinuated that Mike S might be picking Grossman so he can lose all the games and get the number one pick...:ols: Also our team is not a team that has "the story". No rookie qb throwing for 400 yards, no previous high hopes etc.

Either way we beat he cowboys next Monday then these so called NFL experts will start doing 180 degrees turn. A question to ask really is how many of us that love this team thought we would be 2-0 right now? Personally i did after that preseason, but many of us thought that was a fluke.

Jamie Dukes is nothing more than a guy with a sour taste in his mouth from kissing Deion's and Rod Woodson's @$$'s. He never played for a team that was considered a contender and was never reached Pro Bowl status. Guys like him think they know everything about football and never are right. They just follow whatever the usual lines of the network. He has never picked a team correctly anyway and for the life of me, I can't see how they still employ his fat @$$. He is like the rest of the nay sayers at ESPN and NFL Network. They will soon be jumping on the Redskins bandwagon pretty soon especially if we beat Dallas in Dallas. We could very well be 4-0 coming out of the bye playing the Eagles. But I am getting ahead of myself and have to temper my expectations but I like what I am seeing and don't care what Jamie fat @$$ Dukes says.

Can I ask an honest question? Why do people even remotely care what these "experts" say? They are paid to get ratings and stir up conversation. So they're going to. Good, bad or ugly.

This segment wasn't done to stir up conversation or get ratings. It wasn't controversial...it was condescending. No way in hell Dukes felt that ticking off whatever percentage of Redskins fans that might be watching was gonna somehow help his career lol. The reality is that this is how these guys actually feel for the most part...there's no other motive here than the laziness that often is par for the course for these guys.

Think about it...it is NOT required to watch each and every game and do film study before your next on-air segment. The only thing required is a halfway decent speaking voice, halfway decent on-air presence, some actual knowledge of the game, and an over-inflated value of your own opinion. That's it. Some guys actually DO film study and take their analysis seriously, but most do not.

This segment wasn't done to stir up conversation or get ratings. It wasn't controversial...it was condescending. No way in hell Dukes felt that ticking off whatever percentage of Redskins fans that might be watching was gonna somehow help his career lol. The reality is that this is how these guys actually feel for the most part...there's no other motive here than the laziness that often is par for the course for these guys.

My point whizzed by your head and landed in a puddle.

Here's my point: Who freakin' cares what these turds have to say? :ols:

People are waiting for this team to fall apart so they can say, "I told you so!" No one expected a 2-0 start, ESPECIALLY since a lot of folks thought the Skins would be a 4 win team at best. They've started well and hopefully can keep it up. For people to continue to eat crow and for this squad to get respect in the media, they have to continue to play good ball and WIN. As far as Dukes, I could care less about his opinion. Are we going to discount the 48 the Lions hung up on the Chiefs because of their injuries? Give me a break....

By the way, anyone notice how Dukes played off Lombardi in that video?..It's as if he said "Well, even Michael Lombardi--who picked the Skins to win the division, mind you--thought the Redskins' schedule would play a huge role in them winning."

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 05:10 AM ----------

My point whizzed by your head and landed in a puddle.

Here's my point: Who freakin' cares what these turds have to say? :ols:

And my post didn't disagree with that point in any way, shape or form. I merely pointed out where your post was one million percent wrong. ;)

Archived