Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com (Video) Jamie Dukes: Redskins benefiting from "fortuitous schedule" due to "injury situation"

Commander PK

You have to look at the media the same way you guys are looking at Cam Newton. He threw for 400+ yards in week 1 and everyone is left saying "Its just one game" so he does it again and people are saying the same thing. Well that is the case with this team when you are talking about the media.

You have to look at the media the same way you guys are looking at Cam Newton. He threw for 400+ yards in week 1 and everyone is left saying "Its just one game" so he does it again and people are saying the same thing. Well that is the case with this team when you are talking about the media.

Or you could do what I did...

1 game was an exception

2 games is a pattern

And now I am the proud owner of 13 Cam Newton rookie cards that I expect all to double in value once December comes around and he's named the 2011 Offensive Player of the Year

Why fight the current when you can ride a wave?

:cheers:

I can agree with what Dukes was saying. How many times on this board have people said, "We would have beat them if (insert here) was healthy and playing."

Let's admit it, we've played well. Dukes started out saying that. Let's also admit the Giants were thin on defense as were the Cards. We catch a couple big breaks this week with Dallas also. How was Dukes wrong?

Every team is playing teams with injuries. Our secondary was decimated this week. Why are we the only ones that get berated for it? Do you know who was on the field in the 4th quarter for us against the Cardinals? Reid Doughty, Bryant Westbrook and Brandyn Thompson. Yep, the other team was shorthanded. So the eff what. Our opponents are now 2-0 against teams that aren't the Redskins. They are 0-2 against teams that are the Redskins.

Every team is playing teams with injuries. Our secondary was decimated this week. Why are we the only ones that get berated for it? Do you know who was on the field in the 4th quarter for us against the Cardinals? Reid Doughty, Bryant Westbrook and Brandyn Thompson. Yep, the other team was shorthanded. So the eff what. Our opponents are now 2-0 against teams that aren't the Redskins. They are 0-2 against teams that are the Redskins.

Exactly, why not give us credit for beating Kolb and Fitzgerald with our third string secondary?

Dukes is a hater. It's clear as that. He's been a hater since the whole McNabb thing happened last season.

Prime example was the preseason. We were playing well on the offensive AND defensive side of the ball, and it was the same thing; everyone on the panel give the team their just due. They weren't talking about the Redskins being some sort of AWESOME, Super Bowl contender. They just gave them some props for looking improved.

What does Dukes say?

"Well, I think offensively they look okay, but I want to talk about the defense," He says. Keep in mind that the D was playing pretty well in preseason. "Right now they've got Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan as their outside linebackers. These guys are big elephants, they rush the passer, neither of these guys can cover in space."

It was the damndest thing I've ever seen. He pretty well deflected the question (which I believe was about how John Beck was performing) and to turn to something that didn't even matter, and this DESPITE the fact that Kerrigan had a sack in that game.

I tweeted him to call on his BS, and his snarky reply was "your outside linebackers are DEs." I asked him what he thought about Aldon Smith, who was a DE that was drafted by San Francisco BEFORE Kerrigan. No reply.

Dukes is a joke.

Let's also admit the Giants were thin on defense as were the Cards. We catch a couple big breaks this week with Dallas also. How was Dukes wrong?

He was wrong when he picked the Redskins to go 2-14 or 3-13 or something like that.

Also, who the hell was out for the Cards anymore than for us? The other thing is that the Giants had a bunch of first rounders still playing on defense. That's why they draft so many DL. Their backups were all higher round picks than our starters on DL and their DB's in the game were 1st and 2nd rounders as well. It's not like they had to start guys like Westbroke, Doughty, and UDFA's. They make it sound pathetic but their Offense was 100% and they couldn't put up more than 14 and thats only because of 1 big play.

The Giants got beat the **** up. End of story.

Boo Hoo.

Dukes is a hater. It's clear as that. He's been a hater since the whole McNabb thing happened last season.

Prime example was the preseason. We were playing well on the offensive AND defensive side of the ball, and it was the same thing; everyone on the panel give the team their just due. They weren't talking about the Redskins being some sort of AWESOME, Super Bowl contender. They just gave them some props for looking improved.

What does Dukes say?

"Well, I think offensively they look okay, but I want to talk about the defense," He says. Keep in mind that the D was playing pretty well in preseason. "Right now they've got Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan as their outside linebackers. These guys are big elephants, they rush the passer, neither of these guys can cover in space."

It was the damndest thing I've ever seen. He pretty well deflected the question (which I believe was about how John Beck was performing) and to turn to something that didn't even matter, and this DESPITE the fact that Kerrigan had a sack in that game.

I tweeted him to call on his BS, and his snarky reply was "your outside linebackers are DEs." I asked him what he thought about Aldon Smith, who was a DE that was drafted by San Francisco BEFORE Kerrigan. No reply.

Dukes is a joke.

We may have two elephants as linebacker's but that still trumps a Jabba The Hut in a suit anyday...............F Jaime Dukes, his crappy career and his non existant quality in journalism. I should send him a tweet asking him to stop popping crap about 2-0 division leaders and go on a diet............lol!!!

We can only play the teams as they show up, injuries and all....I think clearly we have had some breaks with other teams injuries, but these are games that in the past we would have still lost. Dukes is a hater and a tool. The NFL is flooded with injuries this year and most every game that is played is impacted in some way by injuries,

Can I ask an honest question? Why do people even remotely care what these "experts" say? They are paid to get ratings and stir up conversation. So they're going to. Good, bad or ugly.

Dont worry, all is good in Redskins land. We secretly like it when the media does/says stupid stuff about us so people can feel indignant, underrated, and underestimated. Basically we like being the underdog. If the media started heaping our praises, we'd be more pissed off and annoyed.

I am from Atlanta Georgia... where Jamie Dukes presently resides. Yes it is very obvious to me that Duke's is abnormally biased against the Skins. Duke's was the Center on the Falcon's Team that came to Washington ( don't recall the year) and got their A----es Waxed!!! The same team that had Evander Holyfield, too-ligit too quit Hammer, and a whole entourage of others on the side lines hamming it up prior to the NFC Championship Game. He still remembers that A---WHIPPING!!! GO SKINS!!!!

You're not a good team if you don't have the depth to overcome those injuries. I have absolutely no problem beating a team with big injuries.

My sentiments exactly. Last time I checked, weren't injuries a part of the game? Teams are never "100%."

Bottomline, it's week 2. It's essentially impossible to scout any team at this point. Injuries or no, we're 2-0 regardless.

I agree with him. Giants defense was half of what it would be healthy

Cards aren't a playoff team. Especially with that secondary.

We're won two games against sub-par opponents who probably aren't going to the playoffs. We did it at home, with very little in the way of injuries.

Dallas is the real test.

And that's what you do Jamie Dukes. You take any advantage you get. There are no asterisks next to wins. You win or you lose. Bring the best you have every week. This is the NFL. Should we have played with only 10 men so the poor widdle Giants could win? Screw that. Nature of the beast. Injuries happen. Maybe the Giants and now Cowboys should have better backups. Too bad, so sad, I'll take what I can get. And if we beat Dallass and go 3-0, we're 3-0.

I think the more annoying thing about Dukes is...yeah, he's right. We beat one team that's been beat up by injuries, and another team that's trying to put the pieces back together just like we are.

But in the past? We woulda still gotten smoked by the Giants. We wouldn't have made the comeback versus Cards.

No one is making excuses for the Bills. No one is making excuses for the Lions. The Bills had just as close a win versus the Raiders as we did versus the Cards, but they get props. Redskins? Not so much.

Like I said; Dukes just doesn't like the Redskins, he doesn't like Mike and he definitely doesn't like Kyle, because of the whole McNabb fiasco.

Archived