Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com (Video) Jamie Dukes: Redskins benefiting from "fortuitous schedule" due to "injury situation"

Commander PK

:yawnee: It's gotten to the point over the years that these kinds of "analysis",(being very generous there),and the accompanying opinions are pretty much the rule,not the exception. As a result, I've just tuned them all out,(I don't even watch much of the pregame shows anymore either unless they're spotlighting the Redskins or a specific player or coach). That and I just don't have enough hair to be pulling out these days. ;)

These pundits that picked the Skins to win 2-4 games were clearly misinformed. And what a slap in the face to a HOF caliber coach in Mike Shanahan. Anybody who would predict such a dreadful season by the Skins clearly didnt pay attention to the addition by subtractions of McNabb, Haynesworth, Daniels, Carter, etc.. Basically bad character guys & old guys... Didn't pay attention to the excellent draft or the high motor character, playmakers they brought in free agency to fit the 3-4 defense. . Added youth. Clearly a much younger team full of higher character guys & guys who fit Shanahan/Haslett's system.. Anybody who actually watched this team throughout preseason saw an improved group on the field & actually saw Grossman run the first string offense clearly more effectively than McNabb last year. But what do I know ? I just watch the games.

the giants were beat up. they also didn't play well.

our beloved redskins are in a weird situation where we don't really know how good this team is, can, or will be this year. we could have won because of injuries, but even if we did how does that matter? all you can do is play the team that you're scheduled to play, when you're scheduled to play them. the weather, injuries, and any other time specific issues are out of your control.

and by the same token, the redskins secondary got decimated against the cardinals, and they began going up and down the field on us at will once that happened. yet we found a way to win.

jamie dukes is one of the more annoying talking heads on tv, and all of these 'analysts' don't have a clue because the NFL is unpredictable. if it was so easy to size up teams, and know who was going to be good and who wasn't, then the NFL wouldn't be as popular as it is...

So let me get this straight.

We're a 6-10 football team coming into the year without a quarterback, and the two guys competing for the job are backups practically anywhere else in the league. But somehow we're such a powerful 6-10 football team that we can mysteriously have a 'weak schedule'.

Honestly, does anyone at NFL Network even listen to this clown talk?

Fire him, NFL. Gain instant credibility by doing it.

And it's not just us he's clueless about. Last year just before the season he was going off on how the Falcons were tired of Matt Ryan and were secretly grumbling about maybe making a move.

They win the division with the best record in the NFC, Ryan has a great year, and Dukes says nothing.

Hold these 'experts" accountable. No one can see the future, but when they consistently are as BAD as this guy in reading into the league, he really has no business there.

~Bang

Not to mention those self-same Giants looked pretty good against the Bradford and the Rams.

IMO they didn't look that good nor did Hasselbeck think so who did the post game analysis. Defense maybe with Tuck and gang they put on the pressure but their offense seems to sputter. Eli looks mediocre so far IMO. The Rams basically handed the Jints 14 points with the botched lateral and muffed return.

Nothing really to see here. Its the same stuff that E. Allen and others are saying. No one really has any faith in the skins which is fine. The team hopefully will use this as motivation. What gets me is that every year teams benefit from injury and schedule to make a move.

Its been easy to bash the skins over the past few years. The team will probably have to win the division and be solid next year before getting much respect from the media. I myself want to see how they perform on the road. Romo sits to pee or not the next game will be a good test.

the giants were beat up. they also didn't play well.

our beloved redskins are in a weird situation where we don't really know how good this team is, can, or will be this year. we could have won because of injuries, but even if we did how does that matter? all you can do is play the team that you're scheduled to play, when you're scheduled to play them. the weather, injuries, and any other time specific issues are out of your control.

and by the same token, the redskins secondary got decimated against the cardinals, and they began going up and down the field on us at will once that happened. yet we found a way to win.

jamie dukes is one of the more annoying talking heads on tv, and all of these 'analysts' don't have a clue because the NFL is unpredictable. if it was so easy to size up teams, and know who was going to be good and who wasn't, then the NFL wouldn't be as popular as it is...

Agree with this. It's still all about winning, circumstances doesn't matter to the bottom line in terms of wins/losses, we didn't have arguably our top run stuffer in Laron Landry and one of our biggest playmakers Chris Cooley wasn't close to 100% against the Jints. We have faced arguably 2 mediocre secondaries, and will face 2 more coming up but so what, every team has a weakness.

At the end of the year, they don't put an asterisk by your number of wins and losses due to injuries or whatever. You beat a team for any reason and you get credit for it. Hey I think we all know the Redskins are not a juggernaut - after a decade or so of the Snyder circus, we're just glad to see the team heading in the right direction.

At the end of the year, they don't put an asterisk by your number of wins and losses due to injuries or whatever.

I wish they did. This way we could go 19-0 and play all injured teams, win the Super Bowl, get no credit due to injury wins and draft Andrew Luck. I like it. :ols:

So can we all agree that a lot of US sportprograms are entertainment shows.

Take a look at ESPN, around the horn and PTI. If you take those kind of people serious, you have a serious probleme.

But it is fun to watch and hear, I mean Tony Kornh. and the sportsreporters (on ESPN980) are just hilarious somethimes.

Please...there's no media bias against the Skins...:rolleyes:

the only bias is one that we've earned.

that is a team that's constantly over rated and constantly disappoints.

now, you and I (and others) see something much different going on, but lets be honest: we do this every year (but i swear this year it feels really different, doesn't it? ... :) )

these experts aren't experts at anything other than reading what other people have written. all of the shows are scripted, including the 'arguments' they have, and the 'inside information' they claim to have. there are few people who go on these shows that are truly worth listening to.

next time to you see one of these guys talking, remember that mel kiper (one of the 'best' guys at analyzing the draft) said that jamarcus russel was going to be an elite qb at the NFL level.

he also said cam newton wasn't ready to be a starter.

russel was run out of the league in a few years, and newton is currently breaking records for rookie qb's.

they're all idiots who get paid way too much to do what they're doing. and we pay their salaries in the form of our cable subscription. ESPN chargers $4.60 to the cable companies (i may have the cents wrong... definitely upper 4 dollar range) per subscriber, and the next highest rate is TNT and $1.16. We're paying for a bunch of idiots noone with a clue really wants to listen to.

the only bias is one that we've earned.

that is a team that's constantly over rated and constantly disappoints.

Which would explain why the Cowboys are treated the same way as the Redskins :yes:...

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 05:53 AM ----------

So can we all agree that a lot of US sportprograms are entertainment shows.

Take a look at ESPN, around the horn and PTI. If you take those kind of people serious, you have a serious probleme.

But it is fun to watch and hear, I mean Tony Kornh. and the sportsreporters (on ESPN980) are just hilarious somethimes.

If "Family Guy" took a serious and condescending attitude towards the Redskins, I'd still be pissed lol :mad:...

HAHA! So when should the Skins be playing these teams?

On Jaime Dukes's schedule and not the one released by the league?

I'm sure if the Cowboys and Redskins had swapped starts he and everyone else would NOT be saying anything different....sure.

Can you imagine them at 2-0 including a 14 pt. win over the Giants? Gross could probably get concussed, fracture a rib, and spit on an official and the Skins still wouldn't get more play than Dallas and the story of that game would be how they almost blew it to a no account 49ers.

It's always about the Cowboys and it's never about the Redskins.

Win or lose, all I want is the Skins to punish these conceited middle-of-the-road pansies that prance around as champions every ******* year.

Head hunt, bounty hunt, whatever, just knock these guys out.

I don't care what they say either. It's just funny to see them make excuses for why they were wrong. If the team keeps winning then they can't keep up. It's just that usually we see the Skins do this early and then lose 6 of 7 at some point and then they can say "see I told ya" they suck for real.

Of course with teams like the Chiefs that is their excuse too. Too many injuries, they can't win. While we have several of our own players out. Just cracks me up that these moronical (yes I made that word up) personalities are considered "experts" by anyone. It's just a bogus title thrown out there for effect.

Newman being out may not be a good thing for us... dude is OVVVVEEERRRAAATTTEEEEDDD! Realistically, the Cards (young secondary new QB) will probably be a better team later in the year than they were early. So what, they had to start when everyone else did. I would like to think our best ball is ahead of us too. The Cowboys have some injury concerns, granted, but we have a dinged Cooley, Landry has not made his season debut, Wilson was hurt last week. Every team has injuries... and it will likely be worse this year than other years because of the lockout.

Remember Dukes said a while back that Shanny had lost the locker room because they got rid of McNabb....read that as the black guys were upset because the racist Shanny replaced him with a white QB.....that's what he meant if you saw the way he said it. So this guy is a total moron, and I hate that we was a scrub for many years on the field, but is proclaimed an expert because he is a "former player". Ya know what? JaMarcus Russel is a former player too, but do you think his opinion really matters? Not really... Now listen to everything coming out of Redskins Park, and tell me if you think Shanny has lost the players. Look at Rex's vs McNabb's stats and tell me what you think. Now remember....this requires actually looking and doing something. Which these guys obviously do not do.....

Archived