Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT-Willie Parker on the Redskins: “They don’t care about football”

authentic

He didn't make the regular season did he?

Nope.

He figured this out from preseason?

"Man, it was almost like they didn't care. After the first quarter all the starters would be sittin' around laughin. They'd take their pads off!

I'm out there working hard.. and they're over there partying!"

Say hey Willie, you don't need to kiss ass like that to get a radio job in Pittsburgh.

~Bang

They probably don't.

Do you guys honestly think players are giving 110% out there when we're the laughing stock of the league going 4-12 under Jim Zorn? Compared to a championship team in Pittsburgh?

Those still in denial may want to look at the Home vs Away records.

You can start with last season.

Home 2-6

Away 4-4

If guys aren't out parting all the time do you still think this team would have only won 2 games? AT HOME?

Meh, these things take time. Washington has been the FA retirement home for most of this decade. It's no suprise they don't care about football. During Zorn's tenure, I found it hard to care myself.

I'm sure Shanny will weed out the uncommitted as soon as possible.This year's roster will almost certainly be over 50 percent turnover rate from the roster he inherited. Its a start.

Home 2-6

Away 4-4

If guys aren't out parting all the time do you still think this team would have only won 2 games? AT HOME?

Personally I just think we suck.

Not that I disagree with the overall point you're making, but I'm not sure we had enough talent to win any more games.

Personally I just think we suck.

Not that I disagree with the overall point you're making, but I'm not sure we had enough talent to win any more games.

I think its all of the above...

1. We suck

2. we had players who didn't have thier priorities in order to get better, hence the late-night partying.

Home 2-6

Away 4-4

This is the best context to put the home-away record discrepancy in. It's one thing to lose, but an entirely different beast to lack any wherewithal to care. The draft choices seem to speak for Shanahan's understanding of that immeasurably. Too bad we can't have the heart of Chris Neild in the body of Albert.

so basically he's comparing a **** town like Pittsburgh to the nation's capitol and complaining that not enough people can take time off of work to watch players practice.

i'm sorry that football is the #1 thing in your old town because there's nothing else to ****ing do. that's not DCs fault, pittsburgh's fans are 1/3 women or some absurd stat like that. that tells you all you need to know about "fans" of that town.

meanwhile your replacement is getting the whole nation pissed off with his conspiracy theories and anger at people being happy about osama.

let's watch that "great" town of yours back those words.

but who cares anyway, maybe you can make it on dancing with the stars if anyone remembers you.

i mean you couldn't beat out Larry Johnson.

---------- Post added May-4th-2011 at 10:22 PM ----------

Home 2-6

Away 4-4

doesn't fed ex historically have one of the worst home field records since being built?

i mean that's like 8 coaches and countless different players.

i think it has more to do with this team sucking than it does the possible alcoholism you're alluding too.

you should also compare strength of schedule, home vs. away.

but go ahead, just through out two sets of numbers and make up the reason they're different.

He's probably right. I'm mean we're all fans but don't be such homers that you just disregard anything negative someone says about our team. Its probably not as bad as he makes it seem but there may be some truth in there. It's obvious that some players don't have the heart it takes to be a winner and have gotten used to losing. Lets just hope the attitude and mentality of the team is getting better.

The culture is changing here..it's in it's infancy. I agree...I'm not fast anymore Willie Parker couldn't beat out "party" guys or Larry Johnson for that matter. I can't challenge him on the fans thing...we have good fans here that have supported a losing franchise for years...but it's hard to rival Steelers fans with something to cheer about.

I think the fans just nodding and saying yep Willie has a point could do with reading what he actually said - Parker if all he talked about was the players - does have a point - there is a solid core of the Skins who don't seem to care - and I can see Rogers, Portis, McNabb etc in that group .... ( I am trying to think who could be a shock cut but outside Trent Williams and Brian Orakopo I an struggling - maybe Loronzo Alexander is on his way out ..... I think those are the only real shocks I can think about .

But Parker had a pop at Dan Snyder being a clueless money bags throwing money around without a plan - Yet he did give willy a shot to revive his career -

The one I think really should sting is he says we have about 3,000 fans who care - and from the outside looking in I think that is insulting but then given how bad our home record and the response on here about the team I can kind of see his point -

That is of course if his point wasn't so clad in sour grapes - I love the fact that Willy couldn't make the team filled with lazy players who are out partying all the time, which has an apathetic fan base with and incompetent owner because he "couldn't overcome a pulled groin" ...

I think he has a point - there is some truth in everything he says but I wonder if he is worth listening too and what will change ...

I think the fans just nodding and saying yep Willie has a point could do with reading what he actually said - Parker if all he talked about was the players - does have a point - there is a solid core of the Skins who don't seem to care - and I can see Rogers, Portis, McNabb etc in that group .... ( I am trying to think who could be a shock cut but outside Trent Williams and Brian Orakopo I an struggling - maybe Loronzo Alexander is on his way out ..... I think those are the only real shocks I can think about .

But Parker had a pop at Dan Snyder being a clueless money bags throwing money around without a plan - Yet he did give willy a shot to revive his career -

The one I think really should sting is he says we have about 3,000 fans who care - and from the outside looking in I think that is insulting but then given how bad our home record and the response on here about the team I can kind of see his point -

That is of course if his point wasn't so clad in sour grapes - I love the fact that Willy couldn't make the team filled with lazy players who are out partying all the time, which has an apathetic fan base with and incompetent owner because he "couldn't overcome a pulled groin" ...

I think he has a point - there is some truth in everything he says but I wonder if he is worth listening too and what will change ...

honestly hate to say it but redskins fans are overrated. Impossible to please, rarely show up loud on gameday, and fail to rally behind our team. However i will say that rarely are we fair-weather fans and i hope we get a better atmosphere at fedex this year

Willie Parker is washed up. Out of the 10 games the Redskins lost last season, I saw in at least 7 of those games the Redskins were playing hard. The Tampa Bay game, the Houston game, second Cowboys game, second Giants game, Vikings game, and a few others. This franchise isn't that far away from being a winner again so to hell with Willie Parker.

this is what justin tyron said about skins

This is night and day from D.C. It's night and day. The guys here are more, I'm not going to say - the guys here are, it's work. It's work and less play. It's less play, it's less moseying around. It's standard here to go to the playoffs, it's standard here to be your own team. There, it was more of a fashion show. Here. . . it's hey, let's go to work today.

Ps... i find it funny how you guys are ripping willie and defending the skins. If the skins had hard working players who cared about the game they wouldnt be so damn bad. Did you guys forget how hoirrible this team really was last year?

this is what justin tyron said about skins

Ps... i find it funny how you guys are ripping willie and defending the skins. If the skins had hard working players who cared about the game they wouldnt be so damn bad. Did you guys forget how hoirrible this team really was last year?

Pittsburgh and Indianapolis have both been Super Bowl caliber teams for the past 7 or 8 years. Mike Shanahan is attempting to fix this team from the dismal Cerratto years. Parker to me sounds like a disgruntled child and wants to have something negative to say. Justin Tyron left a losing team and went to a constant winner. It sounds to me that he too just wants to hear himself talk.

So he attacks fans (that´s very stupid to do) and a organisation. Boooh they are about partying? The Redskins are not about partying, the players do that on there own. Is that strange? No because we have a lot of rich young players who like to have a good time. We have a historie of picking up that kind of players and the Steelcity has a history of picking up bleu collor players, it makes sense.

Shanahan is trying to chance that but I don't see why Willie should have said that. I think Willie Parker Jr. should be the most humbled football player in the world. He was nothing comming out of college beside a fast persone. The Steelers gave him a chance and spend a lot of time coaching him up to be a good RB. Whitout the Steelers he now probally would have been a 30 year old guy who needs to work hard every day to make a living for the next 35 years. Now he is a 30 year old rich guy who doesn't have to work at all. He needs to remember that.

Archived