Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT-Willie Parker on the Redskins: “They don’t care about football”

authentic

It was an interview with Darnell Dockett on the Lavar and Chad show. He said he couldn't play for the skins because they have a reputation for being all about the party and not about football.

So that's Parker, Edwin Williams, & Dockett. Shanhan also said at the end of last year that discipline was an issue here. But there's no problem, lets just keep making fun of Willie for being washed up....

TK after some of the stuff I saw on twitter this morning, I have no problems with that. I am really enjoying reading it because my respect for one player went way up and I totally lost respect for another.

What did you see on twitter this morning?

Slow Willie has a grudge. I am not sure how much stock I would put in disgruntled former players' opinions.

That being said, I imagine there is some truth to what Willie is saying here. It would be no surprise that Washington is less professional than Pittsburgh, and this is not the first report that our players are spending too much time partying during the season.

This sounds like he's bitter. Either about getting cut, being old and slow, or not getting an invite to CP's end of TC party.

Good luck out of football Willie, we'll miss you this off season, we need TC fodder like you.

It would be interesting to see what the Skins' partying looks like vs the Steelers' partying, even AH is tame compared to Ben.

Slow Willie has a grudge. I am not sure how much stock I would put in disgruntled former players' opinions.

That being said, I imagine there is some truth to what Willie is saying here. It would be no surprise that Washington is less professional than Pittsburgh, and this is not the first report that our players are spending too much time partying during the season.

People here just don't pay attention. Willie is not disgruntled he's being honest lol Darnell docket,Edwin williams,Justin trying,Ryan Clark,antwan randle el, LaVar Arrington, and Willie Parker are All on record saying the same thing. This is the truth, I've seen it on a personal level for years.

Sounds to me like someone is bitter he couldn't make the team. People really need to get over this partying ****. These are guys in their 20s with lots of money and lots of free time. This stuff happens in every city and it doesn't matter if you are winning.

I remember John Riggins telling stories on his radio show about being drunk at practice and coming to practice hungover. Dennis Rodman would party in Vegas until 5am on the day of a Bulls Championship game and they would have to fly him into play. After the games he would go right back to Vegas.

Where did Darnell Docket say the Skins are about partying? He wanted to come out here last I heard. Not to mention, how would he even know?

Where are the other quotes? I'm not trying to be an *** I've really never seen any of them. And Lavar is about as guilty as ANYONE for spending their time NOT focusing on football. The guy never even bothered to learn a playbook.

I have no doubt the Skins had an attitude issue, and I'm glad Shanahan is here to change that, but I've really never heard any of these guys say that. Not to mention, everyone that you list is a player that has a reason to hate the Skins (for cutting them or not resigning them).

I think some of you need to take off your burgundy glasses and realize that there is probably more truth to what a disgruntled player has to say especially one who doesn't have much to lose. Fact of the matter is that until Snyder finally gave up and hired Shanahan to fix this mess, this organization has been a dysfunctional mess since Gibbs left. Teams who win these days either have the proper culture / leadership in place or they bring in a taskmaster to clean house and start young and build a new culture. I was against our rebuilding when Shan/Allen came in here but now I want all of em gone, Los, Moss, Sellers, etc. Guys like Landry seem to be getting it and are too valuable to part ways with but otherwise I dont care if this team is the worst team in football next year as long as we are playing like its more than just about getting paid.

So that's Parker, Edwin Williams, & Dockett. Shanhan also said at the end of last year that discipline was an issue here. But there's no problem, lets just keep making fun of Willie for being washed up....

There is clearly an issue here, it will only be addressed by roster turnover, moving on guys who don't buy into the new way of doing things, bringing in fresh young players who want to prove themselves and also much more accountability top to bottom. I think we are on the right road on all counts but there is a ways to go.

Where did Darnell Docket say the Skins are about partying? He wanted to come out here last I heard. Not to mention, how would he even know?

Where are the other quotes? I'm not trying to be an *** I've really never seen any of them. And Lavar is about as guilty as ANYONE for spending their time NOT focusing on football. The guy never even bothered to learn a playbook.

I have no doubt the Skins had an attitude issue, and I'm glad Shanahan is here to change that, but I've really never heard any of these guys say that. Not to mention, everyone that you list is a player that has a reason to hate the Skins (for cutting them or not resigning them).

Here's the quote and the link...

“There’s a lot of things I don’t like. There’s a lot of things that I can’t accept as far as being a leader. I’ve never seen an organization that will go out and lose a game on Sunday and throw a party on Sunday night after a loss and go out and party all week. I couldn’t adapt to that. That’s one of the reasons I could be a part of an organization like that… If we lose, we come back and return after a loss and we don’t even want to go to the gas station. We don’t want to show our faces nowhere. Winning means that much to us. I think a lot of guys on that team, winning doesn’t mean anything. I think partying, getting paid. It’s a big party. There’s a lot of guys on that team. As far as certain things changing like that, I could see me playing. It would have to be a lot of things changing because I am a winner. I don’t feel the need to play football and not want to win on Sundays.”

http://phoenix.fanster.com/2010/06/18/darnell-dockett-unleashes-on-albert-haynesworth-and-the-redskins/comment-page-1/

Aside from about 10 players, almost anyone thereafter would be fair game for the cut in my eyes.

I'd only be shocked if a presumed 2011 starter, who was a particular fan favourite, was in amongst this lot...then it would get interesting.

Monday thru Sunday morning... take a break for the game and win or lose back at it Sunday night.Truth

Still? Even with Shanahan here? I imagine that he's slowly purging the roster of these guys...

I think some of you need to take off your burgundy glasses and realize that there is probably more truth to what a disgruntled player has to say especially one who doesn't have much to lose. Fact of the matter is that until Snyder finally gave up and hired Shanahan to fix this mess, this organization has been a dysfunctional mess since Gibbs left. Teams who win these days either have the proper culture / leadership in place or they bring in a taskmaster to clean house and start young and build a new culture. I was against our rebuilding when Shan/Allen came in here but now I want all of em gone, Los, Moss, Sellers, etc. Guys like Landry seem to be getting it and are too valuable to part ways with but otherwise I dont care if this team is the worst team in football next year as long as we are playing like its more than just about getting paid.

But is Willie Parker saying the culture is bad or guys are just enjoying the party scene too much? Those are two different things. My boss doesn't care if I am out until 3am every night as long as I come and do a good job. My point is who cares what these guys do in their off hours, as long as they show up for practice, they're accountable, and they stay out of trouble.

Sounds to me like someone is bitter he couldn't make the team. People really need to get over this partying ****. These are guys in their 20s with lots of money and lots of free time. This stuff happens in every city and it doesn't matter if you are winning.

I remember John Riggins telling stories on his radio show about being drunk at practice and coming to practice hungover. Dennis Rodman would party in Vegas until 5am on the day of a Bulls Championship game and they would have to fly him into play. After the games he would go right back to Vegas.

You can sometimes get away with that stuff of you win - if you lose though it will not fly. We have been losing here for some time now.

People here just don't pay attention. Willie is not disgruntled he's being honest lol Darnell docket,Edwin williams,Justin trying,Ryan Clark,antwan randle el, LaVar Arrington, and Willie Parker are All on record saying the same thing. This is the truth, I've seen it on a personal level for years.

Again, I wouldn't have a problem with it if they were still being professionals. It doesn't sound like they are though. It's takes more than just getting paid to play to be a professional.

Thanks for the link. I have no doubt he's right, I just wondered how he knew about the Skins' problems. It was just odd to hear a guy from another team, that's never even played with the Skins, comment on the team.

I really hope that this is the season where all this changes. Last year we beat teams with winning or .500 records (at the time we played them) and lost to every team with a losing record (again, at the time we played them). I would guess that the players issues may have had a large part of that. Maybe they partied when they thought our opponents would be easier.

You can sometimes get away with that stuff of you win - if you lose though it will not fly. We have been losing here for some time now.

Yes I agree. That is why I wrote the part in bold in my first statement.

Archived