Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT-Willie Parker on the Redskins: “They don’t care about football”

authentic

click for the rest

“Being in Washington, they don’t care about football. I didn’t feel good from day one there,” Parker said on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh Tuesday. ”They weren’t about football. They were about partying. . . . You appreciate Pittsburgh a little bit more after going somewhere else.”

I think we already knew about 'Los. But who are the "They" that he's refering to? hmmmm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: here's a more accruate account of what he said via Rich Tandler..

I didn’t feel good from Day One there. It was just crazy. They got about 3,000 fans maybe they’re all geeked up saying how many fans we have out there. In Pittsburgh, you have so many fans out you ask, are they working today, do they have the day off? Every single day you have fans supporting practice in training camp.

I was just in the process of posting this haha Screw him, everything looks good in hindsight, the Steelers released his ass for a reason

on the bright side. we may be about partying, but we sure don't rape chicks every damn day, especially not hotel staff

Then he shouldn't have had any problem beating out a bunch of party guys then.....oh wait.

ZING

/thread

all jokes aside though, he's probably right at least with some of the players. Just as he would be with most teams. Which is why Shanallen changing the culture of the team is so important.

I'd bet he's pretty close to accurate.

92 is a good example of this problem.

As is 'Los.

Brandon Banks as well (3 AM night club incident, anyone?).

How many photos are there of Moss/Portis partying (though, not many recently).

I'm not sure if these guys should be completely condemned, because let's face it, we don't know how often they go out and party...

But, there seems to be a bit of truth to his comments.

I'd bet he's pretty close to accurate.

92 is a good example of this problem.

As is 'Los.

Brandon Banks as well (3 AM night club incident, anyone?).

How many photos are there of Moss/Portis partying (though, not many recently).

I'm not sure if these guys should be completely condemned, because let's face it, we don't know how often they go out and party...

But, there seems to be a bit of truth to his comments.

But I also think you need to look at the differences between the cities he's comparing. I mean how much nightlife really goes on in Pittsburgh vs. DC? Let's say Parker played for Miami then came to DC. Would he be saying the same thing?

I don't know I just have a hard time listening to a guy that was a Redskin shorter than Archeleta, Brandon Lloyd and Haynesworth. The guy couldn't even outlast Galloway!!

As a matter of fact he only beat me out by two months!

Hopefully, we're addressing this. I have a feeling it's more true than not. What's worse is that many of our stars who were supposed to be our leaders set the worst examples.

I agree. I think the draft this year is a big indication that Shanahan isn't about to let the old ways continue.

He only spent time with the organization for two months, not to mention everybody knew our team attitude was a mess. That is why we Brang shannahan in, the team has changed significantly since week 2 of preseason last year

I think some of it is true to a point.

I mean, some players go way overboard, no doubt. These guys aren't robots tho, they deserve to "party" sometimes. Who here has never done that? There just has to be a line that you can't cross and some of the players obviously cross it.

I just hope things are cleaned up now..at least enough to be a successful football team.

Who gives a **** what Willie Parker thinks? He's a washed up shell of his former self who has been replaced by a 09/11 truther in Pittsburgh.

He's just resentful of his career being where it is and is looking to take it out on someone.

Archived