Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Oh my. Hahaha. I find it hilarious when people question my fandom. So what if he is a stinky cowboy fan...he still goes all out for the wizards. 

People get so upset about silly stuff like this.  It's simple, people grow up pulling for a team for a plethora of reasons, none that really should need an explanation.  Doesn't matter if they grew up in DC and pulled for the Cowboys, Yankees, Penguins and Bulls.  

The only guy who could get away with this is LeBron.  I remember before he bolted for Miami, he would show up to Indians games with a Yankee hat on (even went to a Yankees-Indians playoff game in Cleveland wearing a Yankees hat).  But, I don't remember Cleveland fans booing him, you know, since he was getting his team back then to ECF's and NBA Finals on the regular (something Wall has yet to do).  LeBron also never complained about the fans, or lack of support in Cleveland & Miami (something Wall HAS done).  I hope later this fall or winter when the Verizon Center is packed with opposing fans for teams like the Celtics, Lakers, Knicks, Golden State, etc, that Wall remembers that he has no leg to stand on when those fans are chanting "DEEEFEEENNNSSSEEE" when the Wizards have the ball, or they Boo Wall at the free throw line late in a close game like last year's Lakers game.

Edited by samy316

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

The only guy who could get away with this is LeBron.  I remember before he bolted for Miami, he would show up to Indians games with a Yankee hat on (even went to a Yankees-Indians playoff game in Cleveland wearing a Yankees hat).  But, I don't remember Cleveland fans booing him, you know, since he was getting his team back then to ECF's and NBA Finals on the regular (something Wall has yet to do).  LeBron also never complained about the fans, or lack of support in Cleveland & Miami (something Wall HAS done).  I hope later this fall or winter when the Verizon Center is packed with opposing fans for teams like the Celtics, Lakers, Knicks, Golden State, etc, that Wall remembers that he has no leg to stand on when those fans are chanting "DEEEFEEENNNSSSEEE" when the Wizards have the ball, or they Boo Wall at the free throw line late in a close game like last year's Lakers game.

You realize that for his job, it's playing basketball and wanting fan support for the team he plays for along with not wanting fans of other teams to take over the arena right?  Football is not his job, he is just a regular fan, like everyone else.  I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem if any Redskins player came out and said the same exact thing he did.  

Get away with it?  He did get away with it.  Do you think he really cares about what is posted about him on a Redskins forum board?  Stop going to games, don't buy his jersey, etc.  Still doesn't matter, he will get paid all the same.  

Lets not get it twisted.  I don't think anyone has a problem with a Wall being a Cowboys fan (bless his heart).  But like has been mentioned, that was HORRIBLE TIMING and no good could come from it.  Hate to say it, but if he was planning on making it work in DC, he wouldn't of done that.  That was a "no F's left to give" move right there.

Edited by Renegade7

6 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I read what you posted.  He was upset about Wizard fans not supporting the team correct?  That is his sport, his job and from what I gather from the collective in here (since I live in Charlotte and not the DMV) is that he is absolutely right about the fan support for the Wizards.  

It's apples to oranges imo.  Him complaining about the lack of support for Wizards basketball and him wearing a Cowboys jersey to a Redskins game should be unrelated.  I seriously doubt it is going to spark less attendance at Wizards games.  That would be one of the weakest excuses to not go out and support the Wizards.  

He complained about people from the dmv coming to wizards games cheering for the opposing team and wearing their garb, and then goes to a redskins home game wearing cowboys gear on the field. That's not apples to oranges, it's the same apples in the same fruit basket. 

Yes that would be a weak excuse not to go to a game. But a better excuse would be " why should I go to a game full of players that have no interest in playing for this city, and have no issue with expressing that while losing year after year?"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

He complained about people from the dmv coming to wizards games cheering for the opposing team and wearing their garb, and then goes to a redskins home game wearing cowboys gear on the field. That's not apples to oranges, it's the same apples in the same fruit basket. 

Yes that would be a weak excuse not to go to a game. But a better excuse would be " why should I go to a game full of players that have no interest in playing for this city, and have no issue with expressing that while losing year after year?"

It is different.  He plays basketball and wants the arena rocking with Wizards fans instead of fans of the other teams.  That is his job, and lack of fan support and being over run by opposing teams fans takes away from the home court advantage.  He want's the boost from Wizard fans, just like every other team wants the same from their fans.  

Him going to a game wearing a Cowboys jersey doesn't impact his job, so it is different.  He's just a Cowboys fan going to FedEx to support the team he pulls for in football as a spectator.  Name one athlete in any professional sport that doesn't want the local fans to come out and outnumber the visiting fans?  They all want it, he said it and called the DMV out.  Him going to the Redskins game wearing a Cowboy jersey does not directly impact his job.  And I'm sure if any Redskins player said the same things he did or complained about what he did he would completely understand and respect that stance.  Since it would be the same thing he said at his job.

So by him wearing a Cowboys jersey at a Redskins game equates him having no interest in playing in DC?  Him saying he wants the arena (his workplace) packed with Wiz fans instead of fans of opposing teams makes him a bad guy and one not interested in playing in DC?  He signed a 5 year extension with the Wizards.  You don't think he could have signed somewhere else and made the same money? 

At the time, John took the 5 year max. That was the most he could earn complemented by the most security. 

We are not on the same plane as these multi million dollar athletes. I don't personally get invited to walk the center field of the redskins prior to the game. Nor would I wear the opposing teams' colors should I have had that opportunity. I'm not going to waste my time arguing the same semantics again. 

The Washington Wizards fan base is primarily located in the dmv. So yea, there is a very high likelihood that many of his teams fans are redskins fans as well. Which means yea, something like this could affect him. 

Image result for john wall in skins jersey

I guess this happened when he still wanted to be here. :ols:

Look, I'm not going to jump in his back and forth over this complete non-issue. I just think it's funny that he's either trolling the DC area or he's a terrible Cowboys fan. It's possibly both. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

Why is anyone surprised by this? This is a guy that was born and raised in Raleigh NC, in the heart of ACC country, where there were 3 schools (all within 10 miles of him) he could have attended. Yet spurned them all, to attend Kentucky. 

Wizard fans have every right to be upset with this, especially given his comments about opposing fans taking over Verizon. 

And what Cowboys fan takes a picture of himself in a Redskins jersey (or vice-versa). Along with being a hypocrite, he's a terrible fan.

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

8 hours ago, grego said:

overpaid, under delivering player for a perennial loser team, sporting the jersey of one of the most valuable yet under performing perennial loser franchises in the world.

seems like a perfect fit,.

Wait, you actually think John Wall is overpaid? Do you watch basketball Grego? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Why is anyone surprised by this? This is a guy that was born and raised in Raleigh NC, in the heart of ACC country, where there were 3 schools (all within 10 miles of him) he could have attended. Yet spurned them all, to attend Kentucky. 

Wizard fans have every right to be upset with this, especially given his comments about opposing fans taking over Verizon. 

And what Cowboys fan takes a picture of himself in a Redskins jersey (or vice-versa). Along with being a hypocrite, he's a terrible fan.

Right, because Wall clearly owes it to UNC/Duke/NC State to attend.  U know how recruiting works?  Probably not. 

I think you're the same guy I talked about this before it, but as I mentioned in the pledge thread, fans take these things WAY more seriously than athletes.  As long as he's out there giving his all for the Wizards, I couldn't care less who his favorite FOOTBALL team is.  Irrelevant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Right, because Wall clearly owes it to UNC/Duke/NC State to attend.  U know how recruiting works?  Probably not. 

I think you're the same guy I talked about this before it, but as I mentioned in the pledge thread, fans take these things WAY more seriously than athletes.  As long as he's out there giving his all for the Wizards, I couldn't care less who his favorite FOOTBALL team is.  Irrelevant. 

^^this

Nobody will care about this if he drops 20 and 10.

1 hour ago, grego said:

Kind of, ya

(I think we tend to overrate our own) 

You sir, and I say this in the kindest way possible, need to be committed. You've  had a psychotic break.  

John Wall is the second most underpaid player in the league behind Seth Curry. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 3

I'm a fan of both the Wizards and Redskins.  Both teams suck.  Wouldn't blame anyone who doesn't want to root for them.  Hell, there are days that go by that I want to yell at my parents for giving birth to me in DC and sticking me with these horrible teams. It just doesn't matter at this point.  If both became a perennial winning team, then the opposing jerseys go away.  Real simple.