Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

53 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

John Wall is walking the minute his deal is up. Ted is an idiot. 

if we have another season of not meeting expectations, I wouldn't be surprised if Wall asked to be traded. Particularly if said cause for not meeting expectations is Beal taking his yearly trip to the bench with injuries.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

This is a non-issue, IMO.  Both super-competitive guys who have to figure out how to get on the same page.  If you watch the game, you'll notice that Wall chews out just about everyone on the court.  Nene got it, Marcin got it, seen Beal get it, etc. etc....If there is a silver lining, Brooks is the absolute right guy to get these guys playing cohesively. 

It's a non-issue if Brooks, or Brad, can deal with his own ego for the betterment of the team. Im not certain that can be done. Nearly coming to blows during actual games isn't something I would scoff at. 

Beal needs to wake the **** up. He is not an all star, much less the leader of this team. Until he performs at a higher level and can actually play 30 games consecutively, he needs to STFU and get focused on his actual role in this team. And Brooks needs to be the one to tell him exactly that, so Wall doesn't keep having to. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

23 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

"John wouldn’t be in the situation he’s in without me" - Bradley Beal

Are you ****ing kidding me? 

He's right, but not in the way he meant it. If Wall had a sidekick who actually knew his role on this team, achieved a better PER, and was available for more than half the season than maybe he'd be closer to achieving his goals. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They were fools to give J Michael some of those quotes.  Even if they don't think their disputes are serious, that's not how it will ever play out in the media.  They're lucky that only 15 people pay attention to the Wizards.

Yeah, I dont see the upside to putting these quotes out there.

They're going to have to figure out how to manage their egos themselves.  Beal needs to grow up and realize he actually has to prove himself eventually if he wants the kind of respect he thinks he deserves, and that he can't solve his conflicts by trying to fight everyone.  John needs to get his ass in shape and actually take the season seriously--for the whole season--and realize his potential.

And the team needs to take itself seriously too, stop being run like a ****ing mom and pop business, replace Ernie with a good GM and hire a real coaching staff.  You don't hear about this kind of **** popping up in Golden State and they built their team out of young draft picks.  Their players actually play in a well structured environment with superior coaching where they understand and accept their roles and see how it translates to success on the court.  The players are on their own here.

We need to stop using Golden State as the "gold standard."  They had periods from the mid 70s until the mid 90s when they were a **** show, until Run TMC came along.  Then after they left, they were not that great either until the last few years.  Did they build it the right way?  Sure, I can't disagree with that. But to me, the "gold standard" is the San Antonio Spurs.  They've been doing it the right way for quite a few years now.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

It's a non-issue if Brooks, or Brad, can deal with his own ego for the betterment of the team. Im not certain that can be done. Nearly coming to blows during actual games isn't something I would scoff at. 

Beal needs to wake the **** up. He is not an all star, much less the leader of this team. Until he performs at a higher level and can actually play 30 games consecutively, he needs to STFU and get focused on his actual role in this team. And Brooks needs to be the one to tell him exactly that, so Wall doesn't keep having to. 

looking at it from Beal's perspective, he's probably feeling like he doesn't have to do ****. He played his hand and got paid, why switch up whats been working for him?

I'm sure our esteemed leader Ernie Grunfeld will make everything ok though.

I couldn't care less if they're best buddies, but they gotta play well together. They've proven they can, i.e. the Raptor playoff series where the two of them absolutely eviscerated Derozan and Lowry. This is where Scott Brooks experience helps, he dealt with a similar dynamic in Durant/Westbrook.

I find it hilarious that the teams' mouthpiece put out an article making their 2 leaders look bad after YEARS of looking the other way on just about every other mistake. Usually the only reason he is allowed to talk negatively at all is if EG is looking for a scapegoat. Dude sat through 5 years of him looking the other way on Randy Wittman...

And please stop comparing how one of the top two teams in the league wouldnt have these issues. If they started losing, you better believe Draymond would be on the hot seat. The rule is simple. Stay healthy and start winning consistently. Thats all that matters. Brad's been coddled and praised since he was drafter here. People thinking that he would view himself other than a co-leader havent been paying attention.

26 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

NOt sure it was covered, but Beal likes his current GF. He likes her a lot.

Wall copulated with that girl a while back. Maybe tahts where this comes from?

If that's true, that would explain it better than anything else.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

NOt sure it was covered, but Beal likes his current GF. He likes her a lot.

Wall copulated with that girl a while back. Maybe tahts where this comes from?

Wait a minute, is this the same GF he's had since he was drafted. Because if Wall smashed her...

You got that image off deadspin.  I know because I did too and was coming to post it.  haha

and this comment on deadspin is just too good:

Wall: Sometimes I’ll just walk up to him and show him a picture of my house, which is filled with basketballs. Basketballs I may never ever pass to him.

Beal: It’s symbolism. I understand that, but he doesn’t think that I do.

Wall: When we are on the road I’ll go to all the local sports stores and I’ll completely buy them out of basketballs.

Beal: He knows I like to go and buy just a few balls as souvenirs wherever I go. To remember the trip. What he does makes me so angry that I have a priest on staff to recite ancient soothing prayers over my quivering, anger-filled body.

Wall: Our favorite thing to do as friends is to text each other pictures of weapons with cute little sayings next to them like - “Knife 4 u” or “Death soon ;)”

• Like 4

6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

if we have another season of not meeting expectations, I wouldn't be surprised if Wall asked to be traded. Particularly if said cause for not meeting expectations is Beal taking his yearly trip to the bench with injuries.

At this rate, there are zero expectations for this S-show. 

This team is so depressing.  I can't wait til Ernie makes another trade that will crush our souls even more.