Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I like Eddie, players with the size to play 2 or 3 that can shoot are always a good thing to have on the bench. Lots of versatility in case of injury or if you simply need another shooter on the floor in a pinch. I'm not saying I want him to play, but id rather have size and shooting than the small gunner type players often found deep on NBA benches.

Oubre needs to find his shot and hold onto it. I don't think the drives I'm seeing from him in the summer league will end well in the NBA.

Oubre fell a couple of times tonight trying to split a double team. If we're requiring him to dribble, we're in trouble

Now that Satoransky is signed, the Wiz can officially sign Beal up for his max deal and use their cap exceptions to fill out the roster.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

It's a better goal than just hoping someone gets fired.

Yet still not a goal that will result in a championship. And that goal, won't happen until a certain someone gets fired. 

So forgive me if I don't pretend like that isn't the reality of the situation with this team. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

On signing with Wizards: "I was just very excited. It was a dream come true for me. I can't wait to start the new season and meet the team."

On his style: "I played a lot without the ball (in Barcelona), with other guards in pick-and-roll, but I'm ready to do what coach asks."

On improvements: "I'm working a lot on my shooting. The NBA is a different, quicker league, the (3-pt) line is further, so I'll be working."

On moving to DC: "It's a great city, I've loved to just walk around when I've been there. I'm really, really excited about it."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Yet still not a goal that will result in a championship. And that goal, won't happen until a certain someone gets fired. 

So forgive me if I don't pretend like that isn't the reality of the situation with this team. 

Odds are not in our favor, but we don't "know" that.  Nobody in here has a sport almanac from the future, that's miserable accepting that as fact.

• Like 1

Even if Ernie is fired we aren't winning a championship any time soon. There's about three teams with a realistic chance to win a title and that's about it. The Spurs, Warriors and Cavs are going to trade off titles for awhile and nobody else is going to sniff a trophy. Can't really do anything about it.

Even if Ernie is fired we aren't winning a championship any time soon. There's about three teams with a realistic chance to win a title and that's about it. The Spurs, Warriors and Cavs are going to trade off titles for awhile and nobody else is going to sniff a trophy. Can't really do anything about it.

Then what's the point of even playing?

Yikes. Every time I see this thread get bumped in the offseason, I assume something bad happened.

Everythang gonna be alright : )

Because they have too lol. Do you realistically believe the Wizards have any chance of competing with those three teams I mentioned?

I have to, helps me sleep at night.  Waiting to see what happens with the Nursery home Spurs and whether Warriors will be able to play reliable defense (Irving showed the way to keep Curry human is to go right at him, which I know Wall can do).  Cavs are a bigger concern, and really have to see this team play to expectations again before further comment.  Our backcourt is easily the best in the east when it wants to be.

(Irving showed the way to keep Curry human is to go right at him, which I know Wall can do). 

You are in denial if you think the powers the be would let Washington beat the super warriors should they miraculously get past Cleveland. If we even made it close, be prepared for Draymond mugging everyone on the way to the rim, and Durant getting like 12 ft attempts per. Wall would be fouled out on touch fouls by halftime.

You are in denial if you think the powers the be would let Washington beat the super warriors should they miraculously get past Cleveland. If we even made it close, be prepared for Draymond mugging everyone on the way to the rim, and Durant getting like 12 ft attempts per. Wall would be fouled out on touch fouls by halftime.

Didn't they suspend Green for a game in the Finals series?