Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

what in the entire **** man?

some of those quotes................

seems like they're hoping that by maxing Beal, the problems will just iron themselves out

Edited by StillUnknown

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

what in the entire **** man?

some of those quotes................

seems like they're hoping that by maxing Beal, the problems will just iron themselves out

I'm shocked that we're just hearing about this. Wall and Beal almost came to blows. Apparently multiple times. And now they are the veteran presence here, so there won't be any old heads to mediate. 

This will make or break Scott Brooks' chances for success here. If he can't get them two on the same page than we're screwed.  

11 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I'm shocked that we're just hearing about this. Wall and Beal almost came to blows. Apparently multiple times. And now they are the veteran presence here, so there won't be any old heads to mediate. 

This will make or break Scott Brooks' chances for success here. If he can't get them two on the same page than we're screwed.  

doesn't make me feel any better about Wall staying beyond his current contract

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/wizards-john-wall-bradley-beal-must-put-aside-tendency-dislike-each-other-court

I was not aware of the friction between these two. Hopefully Brooks can be able to help them learn how to play together. 

Wall is a maxed allstar and Beal, who hasn't even been in the allstar conversation, just decided that he's a superstar and that Wall has to get him the ball?... And we gave him a max deal anyway?!  That article makes me want to scream and throw stuff.  Beal comes off like an entitled jackass, and I've been a sports fan long enough to be leery of athletes that decide they are stars before actually proving it.   

I don't even know why I'm surprised by this bull****, when has an Ernie Grunfeld team ever had a healthy locker room?  

Culture of "me" starting to creep in to the locker room.

Wall is one of the most popular and well liked young players in the league.  He can work with DeMarcus Cousins.  But he has some underachiever in him.  I can see that being a source of friction with Beal.  And I can see Beal not having earned his stripes yet being a source of friction with Wall.  He's not an All Star and yet he acts like he's already one.

I'll never forget that Beal tried to fight Nene for dragging ass once.  To me that demonstrates how aggressive he is.  I can see him trying to take over the team and Wall not being cool with that since he had to earn his leadership position the hard way.

Wall is a smart guy though.  He's maturing.  And he has always been able to understand the big picture stuff, how everyone fits in and how to augment their strengths.  I can see him figuring out a way to make it work.  Beal isn't stupid or selfish either, and he'll mellow out as he gets older and more mature.  Brooks has his work cut out for him though.

This is a non-issue, IMO.  Both super-competitive guys who have to figure out how to get on the same page.  If you watch the game, you'll notice that Wall chews out just about everyone on the court.  Nene got it, Marcin got it, seen Beal get it, etc. etc....If there is a silver lining, Brooks is the absolute right guy to get these guys playing cohesively. 

30 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

This is a non-issue, IMO.  Both super-competitive guys who have to figure out how to get on the same page.  If you watch the game, you'll notice that Wall chews out just about everyone on the court.  Nene got it, Marcin got it, seen Beal get it, etc. etc....If there is a silver lining, Brooks is the absolute right guy to get these guys playing cohesively. 

The difference is Nene, Gortat, etc, none of those players are max players thinking they should be the alpha.  It's apparently already manifested itself during games according to the article with Beal trying to assert his position and Wall trying to grab it back.  You cant be having power plays.

I heard this argument on the way in, equating it to when Dan Marino or Peyton Manning would yell at a guy.  All parties involved understand the hierarchy and who the unquestioned leader is.  

I was actually surprised it's been going on as long as it has. I had no idea there was this going on.  

• Like 1