Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

11 hours ago, justice98 said:

The difference is Nene, Gortat, etc, none of those players are max players thinking they should be the alpha.  It's apparently already manifested itself during games according to the article with Beal trying to assert his position and Wall trying to grab it back.  You cant be having power plays.

I heard this argument on the way in, equating it to when Dan Marino or Peyton Manning would yell at a guy.  All parties involved understand the hierarchy and who the unquestioned leader is.  

I was actually surprised it's been going on as long as it has. I had no idea there was this going on.  

Maybe there's something to it...but what's the knock on Brad not being the "alpha" here?  The only thing I can think of is his durability.  As much as I love what Wall brings to the table, there are plenty of times when he's had mental lapses and has looked like he's been dogging it out there.  As a competitor, or someone who holds himself in as high of regard as Wall does, I can see that being something that grinds Beal's gears.  For as many games as Brad has missed, the one thing you can't knock him for is his effort.  Dude will just about die on the floor. 

I honestly don't know...just trying to piece together what exactly is going on between the two of them.

The only thing you can think of is his durability?  Pull up Beal's advanced stats and prepared to be dismayed.  His best season is arguably worse than John Walls worst.  Also I can knock Beal's effort on the defensive end.  He a mediocre defender most of the time and he has some major lapses.  Wall has lapses too, but Wall made the NBA second all defensive team because when he is engaged he's an animal.  The bottom line is that one of them is a star player and the other is not.  The Wizards are John Wall's team and Beal has three options:

1 - Come to terms with the reality that he's not the guy.
2 - Prove that he is a star by having a great year, not another display of potential or a short stretch of great play, but a legitimate star caliber season.
3 - Do neither of those things and become a locker room cancer.  

Make no mistake about it, he's in his 5th season and on a max deal.  There is no more "he's young" or "he's injured" excuses to hide behind.  John Wall has called him out and he didn't seem interested in being subtle: 

"Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game. I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I’m an All-Star." - John Wall discussing Bradly Beal

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Destino said:

The only thing you can think of is his durability?  Pull up Beal's advanced stats and prepared to be dismayed.  His best season is arguably worse than John Walls worst.  Also I can knock Beal's effort on the defensive end.  He a mediocre defender most of the time and he has some major lapses.  Wall has lapses too, but Wall made the NBA second all defensive team because when he is engaged he's an animal.  The bottom line is that one of them is a star player and the other is not.  The Wizards are John Wall's team and Beal has three options:

1 - Come to terms with the reality that he's not the guy.
2 - Prove that he is a star by having a great year, not another display of potential or a short stretch of great play, but a legitimate star caliber season.
3 - Do neither of those things and become a locker room cancer.  

Make no mistake about it, he's in his 5th season and on a max deal.  There is no more "he's young" or "he's injured" excuses to hide behind.  John Wall has called him out and he didn't seem interested in being subtle: 

"Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game. I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I’m an All-Star." - John Wall discussing Bradly Beal

Yes, the only thing off the top of my head that I could think of was his durability. 

I'm just trying to think of what caused the friction between those two....I'm sure in their arguments they were bringing up win shares and PER. 

One thing that annoys me about Beal is how non chalant he can be at times with the ball in his hand. Like he'll just dribble it all casually and then turn it over. No surprise a guy like Wall who is an absolute freak on the court in terms of his effort level(sometimes too much so)would be annoyed by that.

At the end of the day, we go as far as those two can take us. We have seen them mesh and do wonderful things together. That playoff series against the Raptors last year they were just dominant, absolute torched Derozan and Lowry. That was a glimpse of what the future could be if they ever figured it out together. Hopefully Brooks can get them playing like that consistently.

Crazy as this might sound but the two might need couples counseling. I've heard of police detectives who had issues working together having to take couples counseling to improve their work relationships.

• Like 1

Beal needs to prove himself.

Wall needs to stop criticizing his teammates in the media.  He called Otto Porter out in an interview during a SL game too.  Said some stuff that should have been kept in-house.

I don't think Wall has ill-will towards his teammates when he says the things he does.  I think he believes he's just offering honest criticism and that they need to hear it.  But his candor is going to get him in trouble.  And he himself is not above reproach in the level of professionalism he demonstrated last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beal needs to prove himself.

Wall needs to stop criticizing his teammates in the media.  He called Otto Porter out in an interview during a SL game too.  Said some stuff that should have been kept in-house.

I don't think Wall has ill-will towards his teammates when he says the things he does.  I think he believes he's just offering honest criticism and that they need to hear it.  But his candor is going to get him in trouble.  And he himself is not above reproach in the level of professionalism he demonstrated last season.

What's messed up, and was pointed out on BF, was this Wall interview was conduced back during SL.  CSN sat on it and posted the story on a slow news day. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Wall and Beal will both have career years.  The Wiz will win 50+ games.

RUSH- Show Don't Tell

How many times do you hear it?
It goes on all day long
Everyone knows everything
And no one's ever wrong
Until later

Who can you believe?
It's hard to play it safe
But apart from a few good friends
We don't take anything on faith
Until later

Show (show) don't tell (don't tell)
Show me don't tell me
You've figured out the score
Show me don't tell me
I've heard it all before
Show me don't tell me
I don't care what you say
Show me don't tell me

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

RUSH- Show Don't Tell

How many times do you hear it?
It goes on all day long
Everyone knows everything
And no one's ever wrong
Until later

Who can you believe?
It's hard to play it safe
But apart from a few good friends
We don't take anything on faith
Until later

Show (show) don't tell (don't tell)
Show me don't tell me
You've figured out the score
Show me don't tell me
I've heard it all before
Show me don't tell me
I don't care what you say
Show me don't tell me

Love it.  Be forewarned...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

This team better come out hot to start the season. Every loss will have people dissecting film for beef between Wall & Beal. I'm not sure they can survive a weak start to the season

Just wait until one of them falls down drunk or something and shows up at a game with a bruise on their face.  #teamWall #teamBeal

NBA players have no troll in them.  Wall and Beal have the perfect opportunity to fake a feud and get the media to bite hard.  All they have to do is tape themselves agreeing to it and then start putting out outlandish quotes about the feud.  Most of the media would bite. 

• 2 weeks later...