Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2016/9/14/12916314/kevin-seraphin-wizards-interview-player-development-issues-nba-2016

Kevin Seraphin wanted Wizards to trade him since 2011

In an interview with Yann Soudé of L’Equipe (link only in French), Seraphin mentioned that he wanted the Wizards to trade him since his sophomore season in 2011-12. Jorge Sierra of Hoopshype has an English translation of the most significant section here:

Every year from my second season, I asked for a trade," Seraphin said. "And every year it was the same thing: 'We love you, we do not want to see you leave, you have a lot of potential.' There was even a point when they said, 'If we do not get an All-Star in return, we will not trade Kevin.' (The year Paul Pierce arrived) may have been the hardest for me because I was really in shape. My playing time fluctuated without reason. I spoke a lot with Paul (Pierce) and John (Wall). And they did not understand. This summer, I met a staff member of the Wizards in a New York restaurant. He said, 'Your problem is that you got Randy Wittman

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's what we get for Kirk rocking a Spurs jersey.  I'm pretty sure Ovi isn't a Redskins/Wizards/Nats fan, but if I see him at a game, its to show support, not to stand on another teams sideline rocking their jersey.

Kirk never rocked a spurs jersey. the spurs sent him a courtesy jersey after he said he wanted the skins to model after the spurs

Just now, skinfan2k said:

Kirk never rocked a spurs jersey. the spurs sent him a courtesy jersey after he said he wanted the skins to model after the spurs

Should'be declined it, not put on social media for other area teams to see.  Maybe "rocking" was wrong word, glad he didn't wear it, but I'm telling you, first thing that came to mind was "wonder what Wall is thinking on that one".  Now we know.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Should'be declined it, not put on social media for other area teams to see.  Maybe "rocking" was wrong word, glad he didn't wear it, but I'm telling you, first thing that came to mind was "wonder what Wall is thinking on that one".  Now we know.

why the **** would you want to model yourself after the wiz? The spurs are the best professional franchise in the US.  

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

why the **** would you want to model yourself after the wiz? The spurs are the best professional franchise in the US.  

I'm not saying he should say, I'm just saying he shouldn't of taken the ****ing jersey!!  It looks bad, really, it does.  I didn't like the quote, I didn't like the jersey, and its killing me seeing Wall in a Dallas jersey at a must-win game because I know that's what lead to it. We needed his support, not this BS.

You see DC sports players go to each games, especially in playoffs to show support.  That is painful, just brutal, honestly.

Edited by Renegade7

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not saying he should say, I'm just saying he shouldn't of taken the ****ing jersey!!  It looks bad, really, it does.  I didn't like the quote, I didn't like the jersey, and its killing me seeing Wall in a Dallas jersey at a must-win game because I know that's what lead to it. We needed his support, not this BS.

You see DC sports players go to each games, especially in playoffs to show support.  That is painful, just brutal, honestly.

how did he know he would get a spurs jersey?  he didn't show it off. the media took a picture and people know.