For this Sunday 11-26-17 this who we should be rooting for;

Tampa Bay   vs   Atlanta

N.Y. Jets       vs   Carolina

Chicago        vs   Philly

San.Fran.      vs  Seattle

Jacksonville   vs  Arizona

Pittsburgh      vs  Green Bay 

New Orleans  vs L.A. Rams

So it looks like none of these results might happen. 

Though GB vs Pitt isn’t until the night game. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

Well at least Detroit lost on Thursday.

Gotta love how we got screwed by the schedule once again. Imagine getting to play KC now instead of when they were the clear SB pick. They have a couple injuries and all of a sudden can't beat anybody. Losing to Buffalo at home? :headbang:

Where are the Alex Smith is the same as Kirk Cousins goons at now? :rofl89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Why would Chicago help us?  Don't we want Philly to run the table from here since they've all but locked up the division? 

because its Philly?

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, i dont get that either. We aren’t catching the eagles, even if they somehow lose to the bears, which they won’t. That’ll be a blowout. The bears suck 

Because its Philly

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So it looks like none of these results might happen. 

Though GB vs Pitt isn’t until the night game. 

Yeah pretty dismal but lets hope on Pittsburgh tonite

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

And how did that reasoning work out ?? any other season you’d have a great point. This has been a crazy season in the nfl though, so hence why Philly keeps on winning. 

Next year they’ll be back to their losing ways :) 

As far as rooting for Chicago yeah i know but I could hope right? just like we are hoping on that the Redskins make it to the playoff as much of a long shot that it is. Look, for me, I find it very difficult to root for any NFC East team unless its absolutely necessary. I ask, was anyone here actually rooting for Philly? Hail 

13 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

As far as rooting for Chicago yeah i know but I could hope right? just like we are hoping on that the Redskins make it to the playoff as much of a long shot that it is. Look, for me, I find it very difficult to root for any NFC East team unless its absolutely necessary. I ask, was anyone here actually rooting for Philly? Hail 

Yeah that’s true i was hoping against all hope in the first few minutes that the bears would make it a game after those few wild plays (interception, fumble, first down, and the eagles RB fumbling as well. 

I guess I’ll have to hope the Seahawks and rams mess up against Philly (notice i wont be actively rooting for Philly) in the next few weeks :P 

Just watched the Saints vs Rams game with my Cowboys fan cousin. He was cheering for the Saints and I was like, “you should be cheering for the Rams. Saints are only one game behind the Eagles and you play the Eagles in week 17. You want them to have clinched home field advantage so they rest all their starters.”

He was like, “What the hell are you talking about?” and after I thought about it for a second I said, “You gotta remember I’m a redskin fan. This is what we do in November and those are the good years.”

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah that’s true i was hoping against all hope in the first few minutes that the bears would make it a game after those few wild plays (interception, fumble, first down, and the eagles RB fumbling as well. 

I guess I’ll have to hope the Seahawks and rams mess up against Philly (notice i wont be actively rooting for Philly) in the next few weeks :P 

that's where the "unless its absolutely necessary" comes into play. And even then its hoping for the win not a trouncing. 3-0 works for me

I compiled scenarios for WAS to make it to the playoffs by showing what our competitors, Carolina, Atlanta, and Detroit (Seattle ends up 10-6 in all of these scenarios) need to win/lose in wks 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17. Of course for any of these to work, WAS needs to win out.

#5 DET

#6 WAS (10-6)

CAR     LLWWL                       LLWWL
ATL      LWLLW            OR      WLWLW
DET    LWWWW                      LWWWW

#5 ATL

#6 WAS (10-6)

CAR     LLWWL                       WLWLL
ATL      LWWLW            OR      WLWLW
DET    LLWWW                      LLWWW

#5 CAR

#6 WAS (10-6)

CAR     WLWWW                       WLWWL
ATL      WLWLL           OR         WLLLW
DET    LLWWW                         LLWWW

(UNLIKELY)

#5 WAS (10-6)

#6 SEA

CAR     LLWWL                       LLWWL
ATL      LWLLW            OR      WLWLW
DET    LLWWW                      LLWWW

So for my prediction:

The only likely loss for DET in the next few weeks is wk 13 vs BAL. I do not really see them losing to TB or anyone else afterwards. So if DET defeats BAL, WAS will rely heavily on CAR and ATL to eliminate each other. We would need:

CAR to lose in wk 13, and 14

ATL to lose in wk 13, 15, and 16 (or in wk 14 and 16)

ATL beat CAR in wk 17.

Edited by DCdangerous
  • Like 1

We're 2 games out with 5 games left after today's results. There's just too much competition this year and we have 1 fewer wins than we need at this stage. We ain't going to the playoffs this year. 

I predicted before the season we'd be 8-8. Thats pretty likely at this stage. 

8 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

We're 2 games out with 5 games left after today's results. There's just too much competition this year and we have 1 fewer wins than we need at this stage. We ain't going to the playoffs this year. 

I predicted before the season we'd be 8-8. Thats pretty likely at this stage. 

I agree -- The only two games remaining that I'd pencil in as wins are the Broncos and Giants, the rest are coin flips at best.  Cowboys look to be close to implosion for this season, but, it's Boyz vs Skins.  I had them 7-9/8-8 -- that's what I unfortunately foresee.  However, knowing the Skins they'll finish out 6-0, go 10-6 and still miss the paloffs.  

9 hours ago, DCdangerous said:

I compiled scenarios for WAS to make it to the playoffs by showing what our competitors, Carolina, Atlanta, and Detroit (Seattle ends up 10-6 in all of these scenarios) need to win/lose in wks 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17. Of course for any of these to work, WAS needs to win out.

Thank you, please update this every week. Safes me a lot of time :)

The only Eagle games that should really matter from here on out are the next two. That's good for us since they won't have playoff seeding locked up quite that early yet. If we beat Dallas (and all of this becomes moot if we don't) we don't really care what happens when they play the Eagles in week 17. Essentially, we have to assume we are 10-6 and have run the table or we're out anyway. 

• 11 months later...

Frankly, if this team doesn't make the playoffs; several people need to be fired.

Despite our shotty offense, injuries, Jay Gruden, etc..  The remaining schedule favors the team. Only the Texans and probably Titans are probable losses. We should beat the Jags, they are a shell of last year's team. That leaves 4 division games. We should win at least 2 of those, the Giants game and one of the Eagles games. 9-7 is very plausible.

Dallas and Philly don't seem like, they can overtake us.

So, our quick playoff appearance seems probable. We see extension for Jay and Bruce because of the berth; then we fall back to earth in 2019 when Dallas and Philly bounces back.

Edited by Rdskns2000