Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

25 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, the loss dropped us to #11. I really doubt we get close to 6th spot again.

We're half a game out of the six spot which is held by GB (who will lose more than they will win going forward). 

Win next week and we're fine. Dallas D has looked pretty bad this season. 

Just gotta get healthy and navigate next 4 games at 2-2, and we'll be poised for a run with weaker end of schedule. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jskins11 said:

We're half a game out of the six spot which is held by GB (who will lose more than they will win going forward). 

Win next week and we're fine. Dallas D has looked pretty bad this season. 

Just gotta get healthy and navigate next 4 games at 2-2, and we'll be poised for a run with weaker end of schedule. 

I cant wait for the days when we wont have to rely on a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs. why can we never just have an 11-5 or greater season? its annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I cant wait for the days when we wont have to rely on a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs. why can we never just have an 11-5 or greater season? its annoying. 

I agree. Could've had that last year. 4-2 start, and then blew the Lions and Bengals games. We easily should've been 6-2. Those two games grind on me more than the Cardinals, Panthers, or Giants game.

Still can this year. Every team in NFC is average except the Eagles. And we don't have to play them again. Next 4 are tough, but not one of them is as good as Philly or KC. 

If we somehow go 3-1 over next 4, we'd be 6-4. I could see us at 11-5 in the 5 spot. Geez, that would be an 8-2 finish, but it's doable. We've only lost games to the 2 best teams in the NFL. Beaten everyone else on schedule. 

4 minutes ago, jskins11 said:

I agree. Could've had that last year. 4-2 start, and then blew the Lions and Bengals games. We easily should've been 6-2. Those two games grind on me more than the Cardinals, Panthers, or Giants game.

Still can this year. Every team in NFC is average except the Eagles. And we don't have to play them again. Next 4 are tough, but not one of them is as good as Philly or KC. 

If we somehow go 3-1 over next 4, we'd be 6-4. I could see us at 11-5 in the 5 spot. Geez, that would be an 8-2 finish, but it's doable. We've only lost games to the 2 best teams in the NFL. Beaten everyone else on schedule. 

that is all true. been a weird season so far, so who knows. season is far from over. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Thoughts on merging the 6 and 0 or we blow thread?

Call me superstitious, but if nowness of a paloff run is here, this is the thread we should be celebrating in.

Just a thought. ?

Because after all, paloffs IS now.

Hail.

How about a New paloffs is now 2017 edition? I’m not sure why we’re posting in a 10 year old thread...  

Winning out is not probable, but definitely doable given our schedule. 

All these injuries though.. I really think this is the best overall team we've rostered in years. I hope some of our players get healthy over the next few weeks. If we do make it to the playoffs, well be a dark horse pick and very dangerous. 

• Like 2

Next two games are the obvious tough ones. 

Dallas reeling from three loses in a row.  I was checking around the Net and it looks based on what I've read, Sean Lee is unlikely to play.   Puke fans have build this insane narrative that their whole defense rises and falls with Lee.  Jerry Jones doing a motivational talk after Thursday's loss :ols:  -- at the very least they will play desperate, all on the line. 

Chargers are hot of late and if Trent can't play and Moses isn't close to 100% -- SD pass rushers are monsters. Rivers is playing well.  They get through these 2 games on the road, I like our chances a lot.

Going through the schedules -- Atlanta and Seattle have a tough run of opponents.   The one to maybe worry about is the Lions:  they got three road games:  Baltimore, Tampa, Cincy.  And home games against the Bears and GB. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

With Carolina, Seattle, & Atlanta all ahead of the 'Skins......winning out isn't even going to guarantee anything, unless they end up tied with Seattle, they will get the tie breaker. 

Thursday night in Dallas is for all inventive purposes a playoff eliminator.  Will it mathematically eliminate either team? No. What it will do is give one of the teams their 7th loss which likely means that team will be outside looking in even if they win the rest of their games. 

Having beat both the Rams & Seahawks is a good thing as it is guaranteed one of those two teams will be going for the wild card spot. It's tough to watch this happen every season that this team seems good enough to compete.  The end of the season win streak turned out in their favor 4 times in a row....there is bound to be the probability that one of the win streaks still isn't good enough for a playoff spot.

37 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

For this Sunday 11-26-17 this who we should be rooting for;

Tampa Bay   vs   Atlanta

N.Y. Jets       vs   Carolina

Chicago        vs   Philly

San.Fran.      vs  Seattle

Jacksonville   vs  Arizona

Pittsburgh      vs  Green Bay 

New Orleans  vs L.A. Rams

I just can't see the Jets getting over 100 yds offense against Carolina, much less scoring any points.  That has slaughter written all over it.

The other games I could see happening.

11 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

For this Sunday 11-26-17 this who we should be rooting for;

Tampa Bay   vs   Atlanta

N.Y. Jets       vs   Carolina

Chicago        vs   Philly

San.Fran.      vs  Seattle

Jacksonville   vs  Arizona

Pittsburgh      vs  Green Bay 

New Orleans  vs L.A. Rams

Why would Chicago help us?  Don't we want Philly to run the table from here since they've all but locked up the division? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Why would Chicago help us?  Don't we want Philly to run the table from here since they've all but locked up the division? 

Yeah, i dont get that either. We aren’t catching the eagles, even if they somehow lose to the bears, which they won’t. That’ll be a blowout. The bears suck