Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

All 16 games of this season were meaningful.  Kudos to our team for putting together better back to back seasons than we've had in forever, no matter what our schedule looked like.

Let's go get one more.

How about let's get 5 more? That would be more enjoyable 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, HtownRocks111 said:

so whats the scenario... we beat nyg AND det loses to gb? 

nope. just have to win. if we win, Detroit vs Green Bay outcome doesn't matter at all, UNLESS it ends in a tie. IF it ends in a tie, which all have said is very unlikely, but could still happen nonetheless, then Green Bay would win the NFC North. Detroit would be 9-6-1 which would tie us (if we happen to beat the giants), but since they beat us, they would own the tiebeaker, which gives them the last wildcard spot instead of us.

basically if we win sunday, we just need either the Lions or Packers to win. doesn't matter which one, just PLEASE, do NOT end in a tie!!!

• Like 3

So we win we are in, unless this season two most clutch QB's find a way to end the GB Detroit game in a tie...after overtime. 

I can not believe that after this season that feels like a lot of up and down and frustrating games that we could have won...we just need to win to get into the playoffs. 

I'm impressed. 

I hope we don't play Seahawks in Seattle. All my Redskins playoffs memories are of them beaten us. :(

Edited by wilco_holland
  • Like 2

As any good football fan should, i am a follower of hexes, curses, good luck charms, lucky socks, etc. etc. etc.

we've had this PALOFFS thread for 9 years, and we've never won a playoff game since it's birth..

Kill this **** and start a new one. the Gods of Spelling are obviously displeased.

~Bang

• Like 19

54 minutes ago, Bang said:

As any good football fan should, i am a follower of hexes, curses, good luck charms, lucky socks, etc. etc. etc.

we've had this PALOFFS thread for 9 years, and we've never won a playoff game since it's birth..

Kill this **** and start a new one. the Gods of Spelling are obviously displeased.

~Bang

Gods of Spelling have been displeased with my English on this forum for ages...so are you now blaming my incapabilities in English as a Dutch Redskins fan for our lack of succes in the playoffs.  Stone-cold :'(

1 hour ago, Bang said:

~Bang

Bang

Excellent idea, you got some pull here make it happen! We need to shed our all the ****ty losing fan traditions as well!

SHUT down this thread!

THE PLAYOFFS ARE NOW!

Edited by RedBeast

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

Gods of Spelling have been displeased with my English on this forum for ages...so are you now blaming my incapabilities in English as a Dutch Redskins fan for our lack of succes in the playoffs.  Stone-cold :'(

Sorry, man! i know "paloffs" was a legendary ES goof, i know i have spent many a cold evening by the fireside regaling guests with stories of it's inception, and how many people have been touched by it's inherent goodness and cheer.

But, i fear the magic that it never had has run a course it never took, and for the sake of all future Redskins fans and their ability to look back with pride, we must destroy that which has become so dear to all of us, in order to move to a better place, and of course, Make America Great Again. (Because, if you're not aware, your typo is why we're not. It was a YUGE problem in our ability to be great.)

Now, i can agree that as with all good luck charms and other assorted talismans of good fortune, it is likely the very typo itself that has imbued this thread with the magic powers that have caused us to fale in eech of our paloff gaims sints it furst orijinadid.

So perhaps we should put the mis-spelling in a different place..

Suggetions: Playoffs iz now..  or Playoffs is Nau, or even Playophs iz nau.

I will leave it up to the group as to how to proceed, because i'll be damned if i want to get blamed if we lose.

~Bong

• Like 2

As others have said -- Skins have to treat this last game against the Giants as a paloff game.  Even if the Gmen sit all their key guys,..which, I would think they would considering they're locked in at the 5 seed.  Would be crazy if the Skins won and the Lions and Pack tied,.....chances are low,...but,...

Just get in to make things interesting.  Come on,....

Edited by Probos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bang said:

in order to move to a better place, and of course, Make America Great Again. (Because, if you're not aware, your typo is why we're not. It was a YUGE problem in our ability to be great.)

I thought it was Make America Grate again.  I was looking forward to shredded cheese being outlawed on day one.

301-Braveheart-quotes.gif

BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR PALOFFS!

PALOFFS IS NOW AND FOREVER!

15 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

ill be at the game, got seats right behind the teams' ****ter. (bathroom)(row 1). Hope we are up wind this time.

You got a seat behind a cup?

http://www.thescore.com/news/1136525

On 12/27/2016 at 3:53 AM, HtownRocks111 said:

so whats the scenario... we beat nyg AND det loses to gb? 

While not winning keeps us out, the only way we win and still miss is if Green Bay and Detroit tie.

Based on the scenarios (courtesy of the ESPN Playoff Machine) that assumes us winning, the NO-ATL game will eliminate one travel site.  A Falcons home win gives them the number two seed and takes a trip to Atlanta out of play while a Saints upset takes a cross country trip off the table.  Wins by the Falcons and 49ers also take the cross country trip out of play.

2016 WAS Wild Card Scenarios.pdf

Edited by HouseBowlrz
  • Like 1