Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

12 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Playoffs are happening. This team is good. 

HA...let's see us string together a few good games before we decide. 

I think what the Oakland game proved is that we have the horses to be good. We have a long ways to go before we will have proved if we are a good enough team to play consistently over a 4-month stretch to get to the playoffs. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Playoffs are happening. This team is good.

Good lord. I think it's time some of us take a step back. We looked bad Week 1, and everybody was saying we'd win 3 games. We looked dominate on Sunday, so now we're definitely going to the playoffs. The overreaction and emotional swings need to simmer down.

The truth is somewhere in between. We aren't as sloppy as the Eagles game made us look, nor we as dominant as the Raiders game made us look. It's a long season, and we have 13 games left. Let's just take it one game at a time and see what happens.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No no no, you’re jinxing our season!!! Ughhh. @Rdskns2000 I blame you if we lose on Monday. 

I was just pointing that out and nothing more.  That just caught my eye.  I'm not saying we are going to the playoffs, after all; I am one of the doom and gloomers who predicted 5-11. I also predicted a close loss on Monday.  I hope they prove me wrong, they have the last 2 weeks. Maybe I should pick against them all season and they will do the opposite and win. That would take us to 18-1 and Superbowl Champs.

If we want to make the paloffs; we need to win early as much as we can.

Not sure if the playoff chant is sarcasm but if its not, guys need to stop guzzling the kool aid. Its those same people who will flood this message board with 'I'm done with this team...' threads should the team stumble in the coming weeks. If we lose, don't get too down and want to cut everyone and if we win like on Sunday, don't get too high and start booking our playoff spots. Seen it too often... 

Even during the 3rd and 4th quarter on Sunday, I was holding back my excitement on how well we were ballin' because in the past, all it takes is a mistake or series of mistakes for our fortunes to change and our excitement to disappointment. I know I sound like a negative ninny but I guess that comes with the experience we've had in the past +20 years.

I'm excited about the defense, our young players we drafted and how they are starting to step up BUT the season is still young and we have a lot of good teams coming our way. As Zorn said, stay medium (in terms of expectations).

• Like 3

It would be nice for once, to have a playoff birth wrapped up early.  If this team can surprise and actually do that; that would be a welcome helping of crow I will eat.

This team needs to win and win early often. If we do that, then we can say we have finally made some real progress.  That means we need to finish with double digit wins. Going into the final stretch, say we are 9-3 or 10-2.  Then you know, maybe we have something different this year.

If my gloom and doom 5-11 prediction comes true; then we need to clean house.

This is crazy talk.

But I love that we play the Chiefs next week. It would be typical Redskins to play against a cupcake team like the Browns and just lose. Go in with to much convidence, look us beeing great. 

Chiefs are real threat. We need to play top notch to beat them. This is a game that shows if last week was a lucky shot or of we are really good. 

I do wonder if at the end of the season teams figure out how to handle our moving o-lineman. Now we suprices people but that wont last long in the NFL. The most analyzed sport in the world after baseball (I think). 

• Like 3

I really want to get on the media folks that "need to see more" prior to giving us any credit and the folks that are full of excuses about how we won on Sunday night.  Unfortunately, I can't though.  We've seen this show a hundred times before, where the team follows up a head scratching, dominating win with an all out dud.  Those are the Redskins I know and they all know as well.

I gotta admit that as much as I love Josh and DJ's passion, I get queezy anytime I hear Redskins players talking trash after a big win.  Probably because of the above.  What they will get is an opportunity Monday night to show the world that it isn't all talk.  If they put the clamps down on the Chiefs and leave Arrowhead with a win, the bandwagon will be at full capacity and I'll be driving it.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

Nevermind media critics, I want to see more too.   This team looked like fidos ass against philly, and middle of the road against the rams.

Glad for the great win on Sunday and hope there are more, but playoff talk and acting like this  team has done something at this point in the season is ridamdiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, zoony said:

Nevermind media critics, I want to see more too.   This team looked like fidos ass against philly, and middle of the road against the rams.

Glad for the great win on Sunday and hope there are more, but playoff talk and acting like this  team has done something at this point in the season is ridamdiculous.

100% agree here.

The hate after week one was way dam early, and the celebrations after week 3 are the same as well...

Still think it's too early to bet on our team winning a 4th Lombardi.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2017 at 2:43 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

HA...let's see us string together a few good games before we decide. 

On 9/26/2017 at 4:48 PM, ExoDus84 said:

Good lord. I think it's time some of us take a step back. 

The truth is somewhere in between. 

On 9/26/2017 at 5:10 PM, SamoaSkinz said:

Not sure if the playoff chant is sarcasm but if its not, guys need to stop guzzling the kool aid.

On 9/26/2017 at 5:11 PM, The Slamming Butcher said:

I was a doom and gloomer after week one as well.

On 9/27/2017 at 5:40 AM, wilco_holland said:

This is crazy talk.

22 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

100% agree here.

The hate after week one was way dam early, and the celebrations after week 3 are the same as well...

As SamoaSkinz said in his post,  Zorn had it right.  Zorn was right all along.  We all need to #staymedium

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 8:28 AM, zoony said:

Could not agree with this more.  We went from a certain 0-4 with people wanting jay g fired and the entire team replaced to winning The SB in 3 gms.  

I wonder how many will be making hotel reservations for the SB if we somehow manage to beat KC?  

I like this with manusky, swearinger, and the rest.  Guys are making each other better.  They played well enough to beat philly.  

Hopefully kirk and the off have found themselves.  Will need to play an almost perfect game to compete with KC much less beat them.  

Edited by goskins10

On 9/26/2017 at 1:48 PM, ExoDus84 said:

Good lord. I think it's time some of us take a step back...

Moderation?  Cooler heads?  Voices of Reaspn {aside from the member with that handle}??  HERE!?!

This is where rational and logical thought comes to drop a little acid one last time,  just like the old days.  And I admit to being one of the worst offenders out there.  I can haz mood swings and krazee ideas dat go all which ways?  Why yes.  Yes I can.  

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

next week's game against dallas is HUGE. would love to beat them and get back into 2nd place. what teams should we start looking at to cheer against to help us get into the wildcard? 

At the rate our injuries are piling up... all of them. :ols:

Just now, zskins said:

At the rate our injuries are piling up... all of them. :ols:

yeah. looking that way. hopefully we get norman back for next weeks game against dallas. trent Williams I think will play the rest of the season. maybe we can give him a week or two off later in the season when nsekhe is back. scherff I have no worries about. moses too. they all went back in the game. just get them a bit of rest  and hopefully they'll be fine