Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

Yesterday was truly the first game I enjoyed all season.  I had my Skins fans friends over and we got hammered and ate the only food I had in the house, frozen chicken strips.

Therefore it’s Jack Daniels and frozen chicken on Sundays until this magical ride we’re on runs off the tracks.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sunday is the closest thing to Paloffs, because it's been Green Bay, our newest playoff rival, that's knocked us out of the playoffs the last 2 times we made it.

Am I missing something? GB beat us in 2015, but it was Seattle in 2012. Seahawks also knocked us out in 2005 and 2007.

20 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sunday is the closest thing to Paloffs, because it's been Green Bay, our newest playoff rival, that's knocked us out of the playoffs the last 2 times we made it.

Yeah you’re wrong on this one. 2015 they did, before that it was Seattle 3 times. 

Also, i know for us to actually win the division at 7-9, along with the obvious that we need to beat Green Bay on Sunday, Dallas also needs to go 0-4. With them playing this Thursday, wouldn’t we be eliminated as soon as Thursday night, if Dallas wins?

I am not necessarily a Callahan for HC kind of guy, but let's say Gruden had been fired this past offseason, Snyder could not lockdown any coaches of choice, Callahan was promoted to HC during the summer and had all of training camp to prepare the team.  Do you think that scenario would have equaled a couple more wins by now?  

This is pure hypothetical fantasy and the only reason I am even entertaining comments on said scenario is because the rest of the NFC is so mediocre.  

That's it, Bruce Allen has sold his soul, i'm convinced. We have played like absolute TRASH this whole year, the worst Redskins team I've ever seen fielded. The second we find out Bruce is getting looked into we suddenly turn into an NFL football team and still in the playoff hunt? I'm pretty sure when Dan looks into Bruce what he'll find is that he keeps a bunch of skulls and lit candles in his basement and he makes routine sacrifices to ensure his position of power over the organization. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Am I missing something? GB beat us in 2015, but it was Seattle in 2012. Seahawks also knocked us out in 2005 and 2007.

59 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah you’re wrong on this one. 2015 they did, before that it was Seattle 3 times. 

Also, i know for us to actually win the division at 7-9, along with the obvious that we need to beat Green Bay on Sunday, Dallas also needs to go 0-4. With them playing this Thursday, wouldn’t we be eliminated as soon as Thursday night, if Dallas wins?

Maybe I'm seeing double

55 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am not necessarily a Callahan for HC kind of guy, but let's say Gruden had been fired this past offseason, Snyder could not lockdown any coaches of choice, Callahan was promoted to HC during the summer and had all of training camp to prepare the team.  Do you think that scenario would have equaled a couple more wins by now?  

This is pure hypothetical fantasy and the only reason I am even entertaining comments on said scenario is because the rest of the NFC is so mediocre.  

You raise a very valid point, and I think most of the credible scribes on this beat have questioned why the FO didn't make this move in the off-season if the ice was so thin that they'd be willing to fire Gruden so quickly. If patience had already worn so thin (as well it should have), they should've cut him loose in the off-season, for sure. I do think that an entire off-season would've given Callahan a chance to make some changes to the coaching staff, and my guess is that the team would've had a much better start. But then again, maybe Callahan wouldn't have pushed for McLaurin? Who knows. I agree with your point, though, and think that scenario would've generated more wins.

11 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

You raise a very valid point, and I think most of the credible scribes on this beat have questioned why the FO didn't make this move in the off-season if the ice was so thin that they'd be willing to fire Gruden so quickly. If patience had already worn so thin (as well it should have), they should've cut him loose in the off-season, for sure. I do think that an entire off-season would've given Callahan a chance to make some changes to the coaching staff, and my guess is that the team would've had a much better start. But then again, maybe Callahan wouldn't have pushed for McLaurin? Who knows. I agree with your point, though, and think that scenario would've generated more wins.

Right off the bat, imagine the AP/DG 2-headed monster if it started Week 1.  No guarantee Guice still doesn't get injured, but it seems like Callahan is more keen on starting AP and then bringing in Guice as the change up, until he reverses course and swaps their roles later in the game.   Even with my hypothetical scenario, there are still a lot of what-ifs, like if Case never gets injured, what does it mean? Same with McCoy.   There are way too many paths the season could have taken, and I am not going to act like the best-case scenario is the one we should gleam onto.

The only way we would've succeeded with Gruden (i.e., playoff run) is if the rest of the division absolutely stunk, which is how it happened in that 2015 season. He wasn't a total coach. He was an OC who was given too much responsibility. The tone of making AP inactive in that first game.......man, just plain dumb. Lamont Sanford dumb.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

The only way we would've succeeded with Gruden (i.e., playoff run) is if the rest of the division absolutely stunk, which is how it happened in that 2015 season. He wasn't a total coach. He was an OC who was given too much responsibility. The tone of making AP inactive in that first game.......man, just plain dumb. Lamont Sanford dumb.

That 2015 Skins team wasn't that bad. They were decent.

I know we dont stand a chance against the pack is back..but if any givin sunday hits us in the ass..the wife's bears take care of the cowpukes and the eagles lose..seriously as all get out..do the Redskins ..how do I say have a chance at winning the division?..is it possible for them to win it..could they?

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I know we dont stand a chance against the pack is back..but if any givin sunday hits us in the ass..the wife's bears take care of the cowpukes and the eagles lose..seriously as all get out..do the Redskins ..how do I say have a chance at winning the division?..is it possible for them to win it..could they?

I'd say ask that again if all of that **** happens lol...

But don't ask me, because if all of that **** happens it means I'm also spending the weekend in bed with Margo Robbie and Gal Gadot. 👍

On 12/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, bakedtater1 said:

Oh, you poor tater, that's hope you're feeling!  Unfortunately it's false hope.  I airways find your optimism endearing though, even if it is misplaced 

11 hours ago, TommyWilson said:

Oh, you poor tater, that's hope you're feeling!  Unfortunately it's false hope.  I airways find your optimism endearing though, even if it is misplaced 

Uh you see what's goin on in the game tonight?..so far I'm 1 for 1..what is I airways find?

On 12/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, Califan007 said:

I'd say ask that again if all of that **** happens lol...

But don't ask me, because if all of that **** happens it means I'm also spending the weekend in bed with Margo Robbie and Gal Gadot. 👍

Go bears eh?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

what is I airways find?

Come the **** on....think about it. He probably meant to type “i always find” but accidentally typed “airways” instead. Duh. Silly question. 

Yay bears, please continue this good game and beat Dallas. But REALISTICALLY this playoff chatter comes to an end once Rodgers single handedly destroys us on Sunday. Just sayin 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 12/2/2019 at 10:25 PM, skinzplay said:

I'll do you one better, had Callahan started the season as head coach we would be at or near the top of the NFC East right now. Gruden quit coaching and cost us multiple early season wins. Haskins may have been further along by now too. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Come the **** on....think about it. He probably meant to type “i always find” but accidentally typed “airways” instead. Duh. Silly question. 

Yay bears, please continue this good game and beat Dallas. But REALISTICALLY this playoff chatter comes to an end once Rodgers single handedly destroys us on Sunday. Just sayin 🤷🏻‍♂️

You wanna go 5..I know...I know I keep thinking that too..we dont stand a chance..we realy dont..is norman still on the bench?..let's bumb that up to 7.50...the packers double Smith ends will give us problems..50 gut!!!! All

Day

And I get where you come from about being picky about the words used I truly don't like being that person but seriously I looked over it a few different times and tried to figure out what he meant that's why I asked..ten dollars?

How about them bears!!!

Edited by bakedtater1

Your telling me that those players in that locker room aren't looking at each other seeing what's going down in the NFC east and aren't saying to each other forget about what the outsiders are thinking forget about the negativity, if you have my back I have yours! WHOS WITH ME..LETS STAND TALL AND FIGHT FOR EACH OTHER..PLAY AS A TEAM AND TAKE THIS DIVISION BACK!!!

• Thanks 1