Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

On 12/2/2019 at 8:38 PM, mojo said:

Yesterday was truly the first game I enjoyed all season.  I had my Skins fans friends over and we got hammered and ate the only food I had in the house, frozen chicken strips.

Therefore it’s Jack Daniels and frozen chicken on Sundays until this magical ride we’re on runs off the tracks.

I’m just sayin’.  I’m buying more chicken strips and a fifth of Jack tomorrow...just sayin’.

• Like 1

I gotta say, waking up this AM to another Cowboys loss has really put a spring in my step and got my mind wandering ..... I can only imagine that it’s done the same to the staff and players. 

LONG way to go and a LOT of things need to align and go in our favour, so I’m tempering any excitement in regards to paloffs. But as I type, as utterly mad as it sounds, we are still hanging in there. Which is all you can ask for. 

Take care of our own business the last four and let’s see where this winds up. 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 5

How disheartening would it be if our ludicrous scenario played out perfectly and while watching the Redskins with a 30 point lead on the cowboys,late in the 4th quarter, the announcers break in to show us the highlight of the eagles last minute field goal bouncing off the upright and going through?

Yeah that sounds about how I expect it to play out.

Edited by redskinss

13 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

We have a 2 game streak on Green Bay don't we? Have a hard time seeing this squad making that 3 in Rogers yard, but...

If Dallas wins any more games we're done though, right?

Maybe they can win one more and then lose the other two?

They play the Rams though that Rams defense is going to eat them alive... it's a neutral playing site as they are playing in Los Angeles lol

If we beat Green Bay (that's a huge fat "if") we probably will win out.  As someone pointed out on Sheehan this morning when is the last time this franchise beat a 9-3 team.

I could see these young guys starting to believe and buy-in if they were able to pull off the epic upset.

1 hour ago, thamajinforte said:

the eagles can go 2-2 but they have to lose to the giants on top of losing to the redskins

That's not what I had read but it could have been wrong.

What I read said philly had to go 1 and 3 with the one victory against the cowboys. 

I believe if they go 2 and 2 they will also hold the tie breaker over us.

I stand corrected. 

I just looked and at 2 and 2 the eagles would have the same division record as us but one loss more in conference. 

So yeah it looks like they could go 2 and 2 and we could still make it.

Edited by redskinss

2 hours ago, thamajinforte said:

redskins have to win out. period

dallas is 4-0 in the division, so they cant win another game this year (which is entirely possible).

the eagles can go 2-2 but they have to lose to the giants on top of losing to the redskins.

I have Eagles having to go 1-2-1 at best.  Im not following all the tie breakers but im basing this on the espn playoff generator.  

Having said all that - Here is how i see it

Cowboys are CLEARLY not winning any more games .

Eagles - They beat cowboys (See above) obliviously we beat them :). This leaves 2 against Giants but with Eli back and having something to prove - No problem.

We beat the Eagles and cowboys (See above) Giants - We can take em.

Also - if we reach the playoffs on a 6 game winning streak we will be unstoppable.

So - In my unbiased, clear as day, view - Which can really not be disputed by anyone -The only thing standing the way between the Redskins to win a super bowl after starting 1-9 is the Packers this Sunday!

My logic is solid.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Also - if we reach the playoffs on a 6 game winning streak we will be unstoppable.

So - In my unbiased, clear as day, view - Which can really not be disputed by anyone -The only thing standing the way between the Redskins to win a super bowl after starting 1-9 is the Packers this Sunday!

My logic is solid.  

Bless your heart.😳

You have my Axe.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

I have Eagles having to go 1-2-1 at best.  Im not following all the tie breakers but im basing this on the espn playoff generator.  

Having said all that - Here is how i see it

Cowboys are CLEARLY not winning any more games .

Eagles - They beat cowboys (See above) obliviously we beat them :). This leaves 2 against Giants but with Eli back and having something to prove - No problem.

We beat the Eagles and cowboys (See above) Giants - We can take em.

My logic is solid.  

yeah im not sure about every single tie breaker i just know if dallas finishes 7-9 they would definitely have the best division record in a tie, which im pretty sure would overrule unless most recent head to head is taken into consideration or something.

but yeah, if skins dont beat green bay its all over anyway, and then from there they might as well just go 3-13 lmao.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Uh you see what's goin on in the game tonight?..so far I'm 1 for 1..what is I airways find?

Go bears eh?

Haha I meant to say always!  Stupid ipad autocorrect.  And yeah go bears!

We still have a long ass way to go to even sniff the playoffs, but I ain't gonna say I told you so, because as bad as the other teams are, they have to do much, much less to eliminate us than we need to do to get in.  And we just beat two backup scrub QBS.  We're not even as good as the trashy eagles or Cowboys, I would bet every penny I have that we are eliminated before week 16

15 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

4 in a row, or we don't go!!!  Nuts. 

The difference is during that season we had some agency over our own destiny.  Eagles win two or Cowboys win one and we're out, even if we win out.  That seems to be lost on some people, but **** it, let's enjoy it while it lasts 

1 hour ago, TommyWilson said:

The difference is during that season we had some agency over our own destiny.  Eagles win two or Cowboys win one and we're out, even if we win out.  That seems to be lost on some people, but **** it, let's enjoy it while it lasts 

Trust me, there are PILES of sarcasm in my post.  We AIN'T making the playoffs. 

Let's just pray Brucie gets the can, that's the only hope this season. 

I like how the whole "nfc east sucks this year" thing isn't really pointed at us.  It's more about how underachieving the cowboys and eagles are.  We know we suck, and we were the laughing stock until Jerry Jones (who looks terrifying on HD television btw) started mouthing off.  We can quietly be just ok with what we have and reasonably take out the rest of the east down the stretch.

Packers though?  Gonna take something special.  But hey, here I am rooting for the team for the first time since week 1.  Haven't given a **** since then.  And I'm not worried about winning making the fools in charge think "we're close".  Because they're fools and they'll do foolish **** regardless of what happens.  Our only hope is for our players to out play the front office, so to speak.

Pressure the hell out of Rodgers, make him beat us with his backyard football magic.  Lean on play action early, let Dwayne run around.  Go high risk high reward, perfect time to do it because everything else aligning for a playoff berth is super unlikely anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hawgboy said:

If Dallas wins any more games we're done though, right?

Even if Dallas loses their remaining 3 games, we have to win all 4 of ours to beat them out. They still beat us out if we lose just 1 of the next four by their divisional standing. We already have 3 losses in that department and they have none. They have Philly and us which would give them just 2 losses. And of course if they win one more we are out. So what we're looking for is for us to win all 4 and for Dallas to lose all 3. 

Edited by BleedBNG