Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

I'm not exactly sure what the tiebreakers are in the event of a three-way tie for the division, but considering Philly and Dallas play each other at the end of the season, both teams only need to go 1-3 over their next four to ensure that at least one of them would get 8 wins as a result of a win during that last game.....which is the max number of wins the Skins can get.

Sorry Cooleyfan1993, but its over.

I'm not exactly sure what the tiebreakers are in the event of a three-way tie for the division, but considering Philly and Dallas play each other at the end of the season, both teams only need to go 1-3 over their next four to ensure that at least one of them would get 8 wins as a result of a win during that last game.....which is the max number of wins the Skins can get.

Sorry Cooleyfan1993, but its over.

uh, no.....my scenario has dallas and philly being 7-9, us being 8-8. 8-8 wins over 7-9. im going to be hopeful for 1 more week.

Well, I felt like coming into this season was 2006 all over again. High expectations and then falling flat on their faces. I'm not at all happy that I was right, but hopefully the Redskins can beat the cowboys like 2006. Make the season atleast tolerable, Redskins. Please?

• 8 months later...

I posted "paloffs is now" in another thread today, but in reality the appropriate time to break it out is when the Skins win a game to move to 4-6 and creep within two games of the last wild card slot. :P

There's never an appropriate time to break this thread out. But I was feeling frisky, so I bumped it for old time's sake. ;)

Edited by RGIIINATION

This is a fake Paloffs is Now thread. 

Someone needs to go back and find the original Paloffs is Now thread.  Who will accept the challenge? Given all these underlines, I vote for Larry.

My search for the original paloffs thread has turned up nothing. :(

My search for the original paloffs thread has turned up nothing. :(

That's a shame.  My hunt was futile too.  The closest I came was this thread,

http://es.redskins.com/topic/221469-the-roots-of-paloffs/

which talked about the origins of the "Paloffs is Now" meme, which gave a link - since broken -  to the original thread.  It also names the poster who started it all, DEman49.  But looking at his member profile shows none of his posts or threads started, so we can't get there from that.

You guys have never heard of the Wayback Machine?

I present to you an archived version of the original 'Paloffs is Now!' thread: https://web.archive.org/web/20080226170227/http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128720

EDIT: Dan T, you get an assist.  I used the link posted in the thread you linked to search this.

EDIT 2: Darn, its only really the first page of the thread.

Edited by balki1867

This is a fake Paloffs is Now thread. 

Someone needs to go back and find the original Paloffs is Now thread.  Who will accept the challenge? Given all these underlines, I vote for Larry.

Yeah, I was wondering how this thread could only be 10 pages - then I realized the truth.

To the best of my knowledge (TK is the most IT-savvy/Redskins-FO interacting guy of we mods) our last cluster**** of a software "upgrade" cost us a wealth of irreplaceable archived material. Very sad.

Personally, I'd blame it on Brunell.

Haven't posted in a while, but i felt like i had to for this bump.  The original "paloffs is now" was closed and locked, so I started this thread to fire up ES towards the end of the 2007 season.  Worked like a charm.

Those of us who were around then remember how fun and excited this place was when we started our late season comeback and proved the doubters wrong. 

Paloffs forever.....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Two-game win streak bump.......just sayin.........

3-5...just sayin...

i mean, seriously? stupid time to bump this thread. there is NO guarantee that we will beat the vikings and/or buccaneers. and even if we do, we gotta play the 49ers and then colts.

and yes, i realize that i sound like a hypocrite right now (my scenarios earlier in the season in the "do we make the playoffs?" thread after losing to the eagles, giants, seahawks and cardinals) but screw it, i dont care.