Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

that was EXACTLY my point. If we were actually in position to make a run for the playoffs, I would take this talk seriously. right now, we wont even sniff the "in the hunt" section of the playoff talks.

I believe the original thread, created in 2005, was started when the skins were 5-6, and completely out of it.

5 games later, at 10-6, they're in the playoffs.

It can happen. It was unlikely then. It's unlikely now.

I was wondering when this thread would be bumped.

We're going to win.

Its true. Wee will not lose every game ever.

Look. You win two straight vs the Vikes and Bucs to get back to 5-5, then you've got to steal one on the road against either the 49ers or Colts. If you're sitting at 6-6 after that, then you can win 4 straight and take the division from Dallas in week 17. That's our road. Completely predicated on RG3 coming back and lighting it up. 

Look. You win two straight vs the Vikes and Bucs to get back to 5-5, then you've got to steal one on the road against either the 49ers or Colts. If you're sitting at 6-6 after that, then you can win 4 straight and take the division from Dallas in week 17. That's our road. Completely predicated on RG3 coming back and lighting it up. 

I think Gruden is setting the tone. Even after the win Monday night he said "we're still a 3-5 football team and have a lot of work to do." The team knows that if they lay an egg this Sunday that Monday night really didn't mean anything. 

Call me crazy, but I believe all the remaining games are winnable.  Gotta play Dallas-week level of defense though to do it.

I believe the original thread, created in 2005, was started when the skins were 5-6, and completely out of it.

We were 3-6 that's why it was such a joke because nobody thought that team with Brunell at QB would start spanking everybody but they did. Portis was the major reason along with the defense actually getting a pass rush and creating a bunch of turnovers.

Remember Brunell was the king of the 50-90 yard passing games back then before we went on that run.

We were 3-6 that's why it was such a joke because nobody thought that team with Brunell at QB would start spanking everybody but they did. Portis was the major reason along with the defense actually getting a pass rush and creating a bunch of turnovers.

Remember Brunell was the king of the 50-90 yard passing games back then before we went on that run.

i thought we were 5-6 in 05 before getting 5 straight wins? definitely dont remember a 7 game winning streak in 05.

Hey the Colts just got spanked by an average Steeler team and the 49ers lost to the Bears at home so technically we COULD win enough games. I'm just totally not going to expect it. I'm sticking with my 8-8 at best prediction.

i thought we were 5-6 in 05 before getting 5 straight wins? definitely dont remember a 7 game winning streak in 05.

I guess I'm the one who is tripping then oops lol.

Edited by SkinsFTW

Hey the Colts just got spanked by an average Steeler team and the 49ers lost to the Bears at home so technically we COULD win enough games. I'm just totally not going to expect it. I'm sticking with my 8-8 at best prediction.

Its because you are remembering the wrong year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2005.htm

pretty sure we were 5-6 in 05 before we won 5 in a row.

i mean, if you in fact are talking about 05. but if you are referencing 2012, that was the 7-0 run to the playoffs

pretty sure we were 5-6 in 05 before we won 5 in a row.

A few of those games in 05 ended on BS too like that Broncos game and definitely that Bucs game where Alstott was given the TD. We really SHOULD have been 13-3 or better that year. We lost to the damned Raiders at home and then the Chargers, both games we should have won.

I think the thing in the Broncos game was their QB fumbled in the end zone and we wouldve had a td and easily won but the stupid ref called the tuck rule on us and it wasn't even close to being that at all.