Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, 1) games against our division are winnable because NFC East. 
2) Ron knows the panthers, and Bridgewater isn’t a QB that can kill us, so we could win that with a good offensive and defensive day 

3) the bengals are still the bengals, we’ll have a chance against them. 
4) the lions are a beatable team, I’m not scared of them. 

winnable, to me, means games that are able to be won if the team doesn’t **** up. The Steelers, Seahawks and 49ers, we won’t beat them even if we don’t **** up. They’re just too good 

I agree that Washington has a theoretical chance against any of those teams. But Washington will likely end up being underdogs against most of them. Carolina, Philly, and probably Detroit. Carolina and Detroit are basically .500 teams without relying on the NFC East for wins. Hell, maybe even Cincinnati or New York may be favored in those game. 

So it's one of those things. In theory, any of those games are winnable on their own. But to expect to team to win all of them is...very unlikely. Very, very unlikely. It is possible, but it's more like this type of odds:

lloyd-christmas.jpeg

I say winnable according to matchups.  We match up well with our division opponents and I believe we match up well with the lions, bengals & panthers.  

as has been stated tho, we lose a lot of winnable games...hell, we just dropped a winnable one to NY.  

that said, we could just as well shut down sf’s ground game and give Big Ben a run for his money with a lackluster offensive line.  

We excel at stopping the run.  We also excel at stopping the pass.  We get destroyed in short games and mobile qbs.  Those styles mute our pass rush.  

the key is for our offense to continue to convert 3d downs and take shots when they are there.  Don’t force anything.  Get the ball to playmakers in space and let them run.  Sims will be back soon.  That’s gonna give us a whole new element we’ve sorely missed

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep i think those are all very winnable. 

seabawks, Steelers and 49ers are all losses, unless something dramatic happens 

Disagree on the 49ers...Jimmy G can be had. With no turnovers and good defensive play we can beat the Niners. They aren't the same team as last year. The Eagles beat them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I agree that Washington has a theoretical chance against any of those teams. But Washington will likely end up being underdogs against most of them. Carolina, Philly, and probably Detroit. Carolina and Detroit are basically .500 teams without relying on the NFC East for wins. Hell, maybe even Cincinnati or New York may be favored in those game. 

So it's one of those things. In theory, any of those games are winnable on their own. But to expect to team to win all of them is...very unlikely. Very, very unlikely. It is possible, but it's more like this type of odds:

I’m not expecting them to win all of those, or even most of those, just that they’ll have a chance that they wouldn’t have against a high-powered offense. which is what you’re saying as well. 

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

4) the lions are a beatable team, I’m not scared of them. 

Take Seattle and Pitt out of the mix because they are in a different class.

Stafford would probably get my vote for best QB of the remaining teams.  If the defense leaves guys uncovered underneath, he's going to pick us apart like a Thanksgiving turkey.  

Not saying we CAN'T beat them.  But I would not pick us to win that game.

I think they SHOULD beat the Giants and Dallas again.  They have a good chance to beat Cincy, and will be in a dog fight with Detroit, the Panthers and the Eagles.  

I also don't think they need to get to 8-8.  I think they need 7-9 to win the division outright, as long as 3 of those wins are the division games.

I really think this could be a 5-10 WFT vs. a 5-9-1 Eagles team for the division the last game of the season.  

And it seems like the thread pops up earlier in the season now.

It was bumped when we were 2-4. That's after just 6 games. Usually it's when we have 6 games left (or less) - not 6 games played.

We actually don't need to "win out" at this point. But if we do win out...

dare I say, that we "control our own destiny" right now...because we do, Ha

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Its a great thread and I'm honored to be a part of it. Who can forget the 3-6 Skins with RGlll and Almo running the table to win the division in 2012? Anything is possible.

Not only in 2012, but really at least the last 4 playoff runs were like that.

We also had a similar run at the end of the 2015 season, in order to make the playoffs with Cousins ; we won our last 4 games. And 5 of our last 6. Also, immediately before that 5-1 run in 2015, we got pummeled by Carolina, 44-16. So that was a a quick and huge turnaround.

We also did it with Gibbs 2.0, in 2007, the year that Taylor died, we ended the season 5-1, just like 2015. That was actually the year that this very thread was started. So the thread actually wasn't in vain, or unrealistic at all.

Then again, in 2005, we ended the season 5-0 for our playoff entrance. Strangely, it was also a 5-1 ending, just like the 2 seasons above.

Whenever we do make the playoffs, it's actually with incredible season-ending runs, after starting the season very slow.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

36 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We also had a similar run at the end of the 2015 season, in order to make the playoffs with Cousins ; we won our last 4 games. And 5 of our last 6. Also, immediately before that 5-1 run in 2015, we got pummeled by Carolina, 44-16. So that was a a quick and huge turnaround.

We also did it with Gibbs 2.0, in 2007, the year that Taylor died, we ended the season 5-1, just like 2015. That was actually the year that this very thread was started. So the thread actually wasn't in vain, or unrealistic at all.

Then again, in 2005, we ended the season 5-0 for our playoff entrance. Strangely, it was also a 5-1 ending, just like the 2 seasons above.

Whenever we do make the playoffs, it's actually with incredible season-ending runs, after starting the season very slow.

Reading quotes from the players, I think they expect to get better and better...it's like Kyle Allen being inserted gives the entire team a lift. Will be interesting to see if we add anyone, maybe a linebacker or safety, WR, TE at the deadline???? 

15 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Reading quotes from the players, I think they expect to get better and better...it's like Kyle Allen being inserted gives the entire team a lift. Will be interesting to see if we add anyone, maybe a linebacker or safety, WR, TE at the deadline???? 

That's great to see.

The team could have easily been demoralized after all they have been through.

But I get the sense that the mood around the team is very upbeat and optimistic, whether it's toward this year, or the year after, or both.

Some of that comes from Coach. And some of that comes from players from winning programs with winning attitudes like Jon Allen and Alabama. And some of it comes from players who are just rock-solid consistent, regardless of whether we're winning or losing, like Ryan Kerrigan.

And then iike you said, the QB change has something to do with the renewed hope.

Let's hope this is all a perfect storm, to turn this all around.

20 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Disagree on the 49ers...Jimmy G can be had. With no turnovers and good defensive play we can beat the Niners. They aren't the same team as last year. The Eagles beat them.

Thing is, without turnovers, I could see us at 5-2. So, while people would be all over WFT's nut, the only real difference between the team that is and the team that could be is the turnover thing. The Iggs could be 5-2 if it wasn'r for TOs.

After watching the Eagle/Cowboys game I actually think the Redskins are currently the best team in the division. None our rivals are even average in any aspect of the game at this point. I can't see them being able to withstand our defense (it's not great but it's better than average). So I think we go 5-1 in the division (Would have been 6-0 if it wasn't for the -go for 2-coaching mistake) and we take the Division title. (Sorry draft guys that means we'll pick 19). 

On 10/28/2020 at 1:31 PM, Warhead36 said:

That's my prediction as well. I think we'll beat the Cowboys, Giants, and Bengals.

When was the last time beating the Cowboys was expected?  Are they that bad?  It certainly seems like it.  Who would have thought, based on records, that Dallas could draft higher than Washington?  2020 continues to be a very strange year. 

I'm still torn between wanting the Team to get a top 3 draft pick and making the playoffs.  If they soundly beat the Giants, I may lean towards them making the playoffs, because there will be quite a few winnable games left.  The offense is the key.  It must show me something better than what they've shown so far.

Edited by cakmoney61
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

When was the last time beating the Cowboys was expected?  Are they that bad?  It certainly seems like it.  Who would have thought, based on records, that Dallas could draft higher than Washington?  2020 continues to be a very strange year. 

I'm still torn between wanting the Team to get a top 3 draft pick and making the playoffs.  If they soundly beat the Giants, I may lean towards them making the playoffs, because there will be quite a few winnable games left.

This team is too good to get a top 3 pick. You should kiss that dream goodbye. In lieu of that, I’d rather make a playoff appearance and figure it out from there. Will hurt draft position but will help in free agency to get good players to actually come here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

I'm still torn between wanting the Team to get a top 3 draft pick and making the playoffs.  If they soundly beat the Giants, I may lean towards them making the playoffs, because there will be quite a few winnable games left.  The offense is the key.  It must show me something better than what they've shown so far.

When was the last time I expected us to beat Dallas whether or not we actually did?  That would probably be our first game against them in 2016. The last time I expected a win and we did? Last game in 2015.

Do not want a top 3 pick, hell not in the top 15, if we just waste it on a QB.  In only two decades did we not use at least one number one on a QB (the 70s and 80s).

Edited by Darth Tater

39 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Don't know how much it will help us, but we may not have to face Jimmy G, when we play the 9ers

also, Kittle looks like he may be done for the season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/02/george-kittle-may-be-out-for-season-with-foot-injury/

there's likely only 2 guaranteed losses the rest of the season for us... Pitt and Seattle. 

1 hour ago, slinky said:

also, Kittle looks like he may be done for the season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/02/george-kittle-may-be-out-for-season-with-foot-injury/

there's likely only 2 guaranteed losses the rest of the season for us... Pitt and Seattle. 

Yeah, the 49ers season has been brutal for injuries this year. They have i think 22 guys on IR, should be 24 by the end of the day (kittle and Jimmy G). 

i wont complain about getting an easier game though when we face them. But i do feel bad for them. They’re what the 2017 WFT was. 

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, the 49ers season has been brutal for injuries this year. They have i think 22 guys on IR, should be 24 by the end of the day (kittle and Jimmy G). 

i wont complain about getting an easier game though when we face them. But i do feel bad for them. They’re what the 2017 WFT was. 

We kind of want the 49ers to lose. We have their 3rd round pick.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, Darth Tater said:

Thing is, without turnovers, I could see us at 5-2. So, while people would be all over WFT's nut, the only real difference between the team that is and the team that could be is the turnover thing. The Iggs could be 5-2 if it wasn'r for TOs.

46 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

We kind of want the 49ers to lose. We have their 3rd round pick.

Long season, injuries play such a huge part. We should now have a great shot to beat the 49ers, Detroit is winnable as is the Carolina game. One week at a time....build momentum.