Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We stay the 4th seed throughout, as far as we make it. I think my manager (i work here at the stadium) said we’d host another game if the 6 seed beats the 3 seed and the 7 seed beats the 2 seed

Β 

I think this is correct.

I don't think it used to be that way, though.

Back, before games were seeded, if you hosted a Wild Card game, that was your only home game. That feels so long ago, though

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Β 

I think this is correct.

Back, before games were seeded, if you hosted a Wild Card game, that was your only home game. That feels so long ago, though

Wow. Must’ve been before the 2000’s, right? I dont recall a time since I’ve been a fan where games weren’t seeded.Β 

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

We're back all the way to the Super Blow baby

Β 

Yep, this is the year we win it.

Since we know the NFL is rigged, and they choose to influence one team or another to win the SB every year, we are the chosen team this year, because Smith's storyline makes for the best SB narrative.

Especially as he goes against his former student Mahomes of KC

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Β 

Since we know the NFL is rigged, and they choose to influence one team or another to win the SB every year, we are the chosen team this year, because Smith's storyline makes for the best SB narrative.

But on the flip-side, does the NFL really want Snyder, the most hated owner, who has all these allegations and lawsuits, to go to the super bowl?Β 
Β 

plus, i think Brady and the Bucs are going to end that smith storyline playoff appearance quite quickly....

41 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

But on the flip-side, does the NFL really want Snyder, the most hated owner, who has all these allegations and lawsuits, to go to the super bowl?Β 
Β 

plus, i think Brady and the Bucs are going to end that smith storyline playoff appearance quite quickly....

Β 

"Then I guess there's one thing left to do...."

Β 

jmtapzxf71j21.gif

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Β 

Β 

They will call off the dogs because we changed the name duh!

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Β 

I think this is correct.

Β 

I'm not sure what you mean by before games were " seeded " but in the nineties ( three divisions, three wild cards ) on wild card weekend;Β 3 ( div. winner, home } would play 6 ( wc ). and 4 ( wc, home ) would play 5 ( wc ).

If 6 beats 3, and 4 beats 5, thenΒ 6 would play 1, and 4 would play 2. ( both on the road )

If 6 beats 1, and 4 beats 2, then 4 would host 6 in the championship.

Β 

Right ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The paloffs will be now, for the next several years with rivera leading the teamΒ 

Β 

I really think and hope so, too.Β  Can't remember the last time we've gone into an offseason and then started the season EXPECTING to win the division.Β  But I can't see any way that we won't be in that mode for a few years to come.Β 

18 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The paloffs will be now, for the next several years with rivera leading the teamΒ 

Β 

Come on. The paloffs has been now since 2007. And from 2007 through 2019, Paloffs was now, even without Rivera.

So, the Paloffs will be now, as long as ES exists. And that translates as a very long time, perhaps outliving Rivera's coaching career and his life.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We actually are only a game behind the 6/7 seeds. NFC kinda sucks after the top 5. I do expect the Vikings to go on a run though to cement one of the Wild Cards but after them its the likes of the Saints, Falcons, and Bears.

That's what I'm saying. I do think we are best case 8 wins, and have no illusions that we wouldΒ win a paloff game, and the Cowboys will almost certainly take the division. I was trying to remember all seven NFC paloff teams last year and blanked on Da Bears.

44 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Let's lay out the facts:

Β 

1) we are 2-5

2) Dan Snyder is a jackass

3) Seven NFC teams make the postseason

4) Aside from the Cowboys, Packers, Bucs, Cards, and Rams, is any other team worth a damn?

Β 

Are paloffs now? DiscussΒ 

Can’t discuss that but I think #2 should be higherΒ