Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

Seattle is extremely beatable. Yes their offense is great but its dropped off some and as mobile as Wilson is, he likes to hold the ball and his OL isn't anywhere near as good as the Steelers. Also their D is atrociously bad, we could drop 24+ on them which I think is good enough to win with our D.

Carolina is actually a tougher out than people think though. They've been in every game including taking teams like the Saints and Chiefs to their limit. If Bridgewater and McCaffery are healthy that's the game we're likely to lose.

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Carolina is actually a tougher out than people think though. They've been in every game including taking teams like the Saints and Chiefs to their limit. If Bridgewater and McCaffery are healthy that's the game we're likely to lose.

That would suck really bad, because it would be the 2nd year in a row that Rivera lost that matchup between the 2 teams, but also beyond that, doing so on each team :(

On 12/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, Warhead36 said:

They're 4-8.  They play hard, but they're certainly not unbeatable.  Also, they're 1-6 in their last 7. 

I think if we're on (at that point) a 5 game win streak, they will find a way to beat Carolina.  Though it will be a tough, hard fought game.  

I'm gonna enjoy these next two days, because this high I've been on could come crashing down Sunday lol...lots of "Same ol' Redskins" talk, feeling like the season just officially ended, the "we should have tanked" rearing it's head again....but until then:

giphy.gif

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They're 4-8.  They play hard, but they're certainly not unbeatable.  Also, they're 1-6 in their last 7. 

I think if we're on (at that point) a 5 game win streak, they will find a way to beat Carolina.  Though it will be a tough, hard fought game.  

Also don't underestimate their motivation to win for Ron. They got Coach's back and they'll know what it would mean to him.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 7:21 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

That would suck really bad, because it would be the 2nd year in a row that Rivera lost that matchup between the 2 teams, but also beyond that, doing so on each team :(

It would also likely mean any hope for a playoff spot is down the toilet.

The biggest issue we have to fix is getting off to slow starts. There is no better 2nd half team than Washington, period! We have watched them completely shut down and out score teams by double digits in the 2nd half.  If they can address and fix this issue right now, they will run the table and win this division.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, Warhead36 said:

Carolina is actually a tougher out than people think though. They've been in every game including taking teams like the Saints and Chiefs to their limit.

So is Washington, and there is no way this coach and this team is going to sleep on Carolina. As far as Seattle, they will rebound nice this week against a terrible Jets team, and take out all their frustrations on them. Most likely score over 40+ points and downplay the NY loss to bad play. Only to get beat down again next week by another good NFC East Defense.  Every eye is looking at our Defense, and they earned it, but our offense is going under the radar. Washington's offense has scored damn near 60 points in the last 2 games. 

They put up 23 points on the #1 Defense in the league per points , without their starting RB, and did it in their back yard where not many opposing teams can score, much less than win. They outscored the best team in the league 20-3 in the 2nd half. They have outscored the last 3 opponents 57-6 in the 2nd half.

Lets go back 6 games to the middle of the schedule, they have outscored opponents in the 2nd half 101-22!  

This Washington team kicks ass in the 2nd half, and is only 1 fix away from being a legit contender and one of the best teams in the league, and what needs fixed  is their "slow starts".

This offense can move the ball, control the clock and put the points on the board in the 2nd half, while this defense is shutting things down. If they can get this offense to start clicking in the 1st half, this team will run the table.

If this offense continues to average 27-30 points a game going into the playoffs, they will not only be the team to look out for, but they will have just as good of a shot playing for the Lombardi as NO, GB or anyone else in this league.

Edited by RedskinsLegacy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow I just don’t feel like celebrating right now.

There was something unseemly about the way Doug Pederson managed the game that bordered on dishonorable.

All so he could secure the 6th pick in the draft rather than the 9th— bfd. If there’s any karmic justice in the universe they will end up drafting a Haskins level bust.

Don’t get me wrong I’d rather we won and made the playoffs than the alternative. There’s just a bitter after taste left inside me from the despicable behavior of our opponent.

Even so, I suspect that It’ll be long gone before Saturday at 8:15pm.   😏

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep. Or the packers i think (IF we win Saturday night). It’ll either be seahawks, or packers 

Does anybody know for sure how it works?  Are we the 4th seed throughout the NFC playoffs, or just for round 1?  If it reverts to best record after the first round regardless of division champion status, we would play the Packers no matter what in round 2 if we beat Tampa.  If we retain our 4th seed status in rounds beyond the first round, we could even have a home game in round 2 if the wildcard teams win both of the other two first round games, or we could play at Seattle or New Orleans if one of the wildcard teams win.  I just really don't know what the format is after round 1.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Number 44 said:

Does anybody know for sure how it works?  Are we the 4th seed throughout the NFC playoffs, or just for round 1?  If it reverts to best record after the first round regardless of division champion status, we would play the Packers no matter what in round 2 if we beat Tampa.  If we retain our 4th seed status in rounds beyond the first round, we could even have a home game in round 2 if the wildcard teams win both of the other two first round games, or we could play at Seattle or New Orleans if one of the wildcard teams win.  I just really don't know what the format is after round 1.

We stay the 4th seed throughout, as far as we make it. I think my manager (i work here at the stadium) said we’d host another game if the 6 seed beats the 3 seed and the 7 seed beats the 2 seed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2