Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

The top 5, the real super contenders us locked. Arizona, Dallas , Green Bay, Tampa and Los Angeles. New Orleans probably has the 6th spot.

That 7th spot is up for grabs. Obviously for us to have a shot, we have to win. 6-2 will get us to 9-8.  We’d have to win the games we are expected to and then probably steal one or two from Seattle, Dallas and Las Vegas.

We basically control our own destiny for the 7 seed. We already have the tiebreaker over the Falcons and we have games against the Panthers, Seahawks, and Eagles twice. If we can somehow steal one of the Cowboys games the schedule isn't overly rough and we could have a shot at the 7 seed.

Hey, why the hell not believe? It beats looking up draft prospects on Youtube.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

why don't we just sweep the division?  They're all beatable?!

I mean sure anyone is "beatable" but the Cowboys offense is as good as it gets and I don't see us having much chance against them with our two pass rushers out(although Sweat might return by the time we play them). Last week was a fluky loss with Dak clearly still hurt and/or rusty.

ESPN doesn't have their playoff tracker up yet but I found this one:

https://playoffpredictors.com/

So, the playoffs I predict are this:

NFC

1. Packers: 15-2

2. Bucs: 14-3

3. Boys: 14-3

4. Cards: 13-4

5. Rams: 13-4

6. Saints: 10-7

7. Team: 8-9

Wild Card:

Cards over Rams, Boys over Saints, Bucs over Team

Divisional:

Bucs over Boys, Packers over Cards

Championship:

Bucs over Packers

AFC

1. Titans: 14-3

2. Bills: 12-5

3. Chiefs: 12-5

4. Ravens: 11-6

5. Pats: 11-6

6. Chargers: 10-7

7. Raiders: 10-7

Wild Card:

Ravens over Pats, Chiefs over Chargers, Bills over Raiders

Divisional:

Bills over Chiefs, Titans over Ravens

Championship:

Bills over Titans

Superbowl:

Bills over Bucs

Still sticking with my original predicton

Edited by Rdskns2000

On 11/14/2021 at 6:06 PM, Warhead36 said:

We basically control our own destiny for the 7 seed. We already have the tiebreaker over the Falcons and we have games against the Panthers, Seahawks, and Eagles twice. If we can somehow steal one of the Cowboys games the schedule isn't overly rough and we could have a shot at the 7 seed.

Hey, why the hell not believe? It beats looking up draft prospects on Youtube.

With 8 games to play is there a team out there (other than the Lions) that doesn't control their own destiny? If you add 8 wins to any team that's 3-6 or better they will be a playoff team. 

47 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

With 8 games to play is there a team out there (other than the Lions) that doesn't control their own destiny? If you add 8 wins to any team that's 3-6 or better they will be a playoff team. 

Yeah everyone but the Lions in the NFC has a chance. Gonna be a wild 2nd half.

6 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

We have to win in Carolina this weekend before I can even consider the possibility of playoffs.  The old adage- take one game at a time.  If we lose on Sunday all bets are off

for future playoff possibilities.

we have to win at least 2 of the next 3 if not all 3 to have any realistic chance to get in the POs. If that happens I like our chances to at least make some noise. I say that because to win the next 3 then make the POs means they figured some stuff out and are playing the kind of ball we expected at the beginning of the year.  I see it as highly unlikely.  But you never know.  

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

Here's the rankings before tonights game for the NFC after the Top 5.

Team, Record, Conference Record

6. Saints: 5-4, 4-3

7. Panthers: 5-5, 3-4

8. Vikings: 4-5, 3-2

9. 49ers: 4-5, 4-4

10. Falcons: 4-5, 2-5

11. Eagles: 4-6, 3-3

12. Team: 3-6, 3-2

13. Giants: 3-6, 2-4

14. Seahawks: 3-6, 1-4

15. Bears: 3-6, 1-4

The top 5 spots are pretty much locked, unless one of those teams completely collapses.   So, the race is for Wild Card 6 and 7; though I think the Saints probably lock up 6th seed but you never know.  New Orleans, Carolina, Minnesota, San Francisco, Philly and maybe us are probably the teams vying for the 2 wild cards.  I think the Falcons are done and will fade away. I don't see the Giants, Seahawks or Bears winning enough games to get back into the conversation.    If were to make it, we have to definitely beat Carolina and Seattle.  We can afford an afc loss to the Raiders but with 5 NFC East games, probably need go 4-1.  

I think the 7th seed will be a team with 9 wins.