Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

10 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

The one thing savoy the eagles is that I question their depth, especially on the ol. But Hurts is a mobile QB who isn't that good of a thrower (honestly he's one of the reasons I liked Mond in this post draft) but can do a lot with his legs. But that exposes him to the risk of injury. Not wishing it but also wouldn't be surprised. Same with their WRs. Basically they're playing above their pay grade right now and I'd expect them to come down to earth as their depth is exposed

I don't think this is a good take. I'm not saying the Eagles are a playoff team, and I don't think their depth on defense is especially good. Their linebackers are pretty bad across the board and they really have only one guy in the secondary (Slay) who is legitimately good. But the one place where they are deep is the offensive line. It's the position they continually address in the draft. And because they were ravaged by injuries last year along the offensive line (at one point early in the season, they were starting games with only one of their original top eight), they went into camp this year with about a dozen guys with starting experience. It's probably their deepest unit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Who you guys want in the Philly-Giants matchup ?

I guess the mathematical answer is the Giants.

I gotta go with that, also because the Eagles concern me, and I want to see them figured out or exposed somehow, before we play them.

Def the Giants to win. Philly is within grasp.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 2:47 AM, Franklin60 said:

I don't think this is a good take. I'm not saying the Eagles are a playoff team, and I don't think their depth on defense is especially good. Their linebackers are pretty bad across the board and they really have only one guy in the secondary (Slay) who is legitimately good. But the one place where they are deep is the offensive line. It's the position they continually address in the draft. And because they were ravaged by injuries last year along the offensive line (at one point early in the season, they were starting games with only one of their original top eight), they went into camp this year with about a dozen guys with starting experience. It's probably their deepest unit.

You've gotta be absolutely salivating at this draft coming up. You could absolutely flip the switch on your defense. I saw a mock with yall getting stingly, Dean and Lloyd and im still pissed. Ols

Games that matter today

Jets vs Texans- while both teams will be picking before us in the draft, the Jets aren't going QB, therefor, it behooves us to have the Texans lose. None of the QBs are better than the DEs at the top and if the Texans are the second to draft after the Lions, they will pick a DE helping the QBs to slide to 28 or wherever we pick

Giants vs Eagles- Hopefully we see a resurgence of Daniel Jones to move them out of the QB draft and he lifts them over the Eagles, helping us get closer to the best losing record to secure the East.

Panthers and Falcons are both interesting today. For the wildcard, we want them to lose to the AFC team they play. Draft wise they may all be in the draft a QB column, so them winning could help us there. Panther are at the Dolphins who may be in the QB hunt as well, so for playoffs implications, I'm pulling for the Fins. The Falcons play the Jags, who won't be going QB, so this game is kind of a push.

The Vikings vs the 49ers. Both 5-5 and only in the wildcard hunt with us and neither is going QB in the draft, so a tie maybe? We should be tied with one of the teams tuesday morning and I believe we have the tie breaker due to sos.

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The full playoff machine is now available on ESPN.  Guess, you have to get past Week 11 before they can get Week 18 up.

I think playoffs maybe out of reach, if other teams win.  We probably can only afford only one loss the rest of the way.

It really depends.  

At the moment, every team not named the giants controls it’s own destiny.  

Assuming no other losses, if we win out, which includes sweeps of both Dallas and Philly, we win the division.  If they drop a game, we can drop a game, as long as it’s not to them. 

There’s just no way (I don’t think) either Dallas or Philly is running the non-WFT schedule.  

I do think this weeks game is absolutely critical though. They have to keep pace and heat Seattle at home.  

EDIT: To be clear I don’t think we can win out or sweep Dallas.  But purely in a hypothetical world, each of the three non-Giant teams in the division controls their own destiny. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It really depends.  

At the moment, every team not named the giants controls it’s own destiny.  

Assuming no other losses, if we win out, which includes sweeps of both Dallas and Philly, we win the division.  If they drop a game, we can drop a game, as long as it’s not to them. 

There’s just no way (I don’t think) either Dallas or Philly is running the non-WFT schedule.  

I do think this weeks game is absolutely critical though. They have to keep pace and heat Seattle at home.  

EDIT: To be clear I don’t think we can win out or sweep Dallas.  But purely in a hypothetical world, each of the three non-Giant teams in the division controls their own destiny. 

We can afford 1 loss to a division team, 2 loses is dicey because we aren’t the only bad team that is playing a little better.

Realistically, I think we finish 3-4 or 4-3  to finish 7-10 or 8-9. I think we lose one of the next two and probably loses 2 or 3 of the 5 division games.

29 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We can afford 1 loss to a division team, 2 loses is dicey because we aren’t the only bad team that is playing a little better.

Realistically, I think we finish 3-4 or 4-3  to finish 7-10 or 8-9. I think we lose one of the next two and probably loses 2 or 3 of the 5 division games.

It’s possible.  But honestly, we have no idea.       I can come up with reasons for us to win every game in a vacuum.  And lose every game in a vacuum. 

And the same could have been said for the runs in 2005, 2007, 2012, 2015 and 2020.

The Seahawks are reeling.  They can be had.  But Wilson is a slippery mfer.  And will give them fits. 

I kindof think the Raiders just played their Super Bowl.  I think they’re going to retreat back to what they were before the Dallas game. But Carr is basically leading the league in passing. So who knows. 

When it comes to the division, there’s no reason we can’t go 4-2. Or better. 

Having said that, I can also see a scenario where we lose out to close the season.

I guess that’s why they’re going to go ahead and play the games.  

Just now, goskins10 said:

13 - 7 NY Philly just turned it over  1:34 left   Helps us both in terms of the loss column and Philly is being exposed as not that good. 

Phillys offense stinks if you contain Hurts running. They are the worst passing offense well face all year and that includes the Giants and Panthers.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

its incredible that every team that needs to lose this weekend seems to be losing...

I guess we are going to repeat the improbable division title run again in 2021 as we did in 2020.

I dont think well win the division but the Wild Card is more than a possibility at this point

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont think well win the division but the Wild Card is more than a possibility at this point

yeah i know so that is why i said improbable.

However with Cowboys and Eagles losing this weekend... I believe all we need to do is win out.  We control our own destiny!  Easier said then not but I do think we have the ability to sweep the Cowboys if offense gets healthy.

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m reasonably certain that a win tomorrow night will move us into the 7 seed based off our 5-2 conference record.

A win will have us at 5-6. There are 3 teams in the NFC that are 5-6. They have the Vikes at the 7th seed right now. Falcons 8th and Saints at 9th. The Falcons beat the Saints and we beat the Falcons so I'm not sure how it goes from there. Vikes don't play the Falcons or the Saints this year so I'm thinking the Vikes stay at the 7th seed. I know we should go ahead of the Falcons but where does that leave the Saints? 

Edit: OK, someone on Facebook straightened me out. They say we would have more conference wins than the other 3. Is that right? I always try to figure it out the hard way 😝

Edited by BleedBNG

11 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

A win will have us at 5-6. There are 3 teams in the NFC that are 5-6. They have the Vikes at the 7th seed right now. Falcons 8th and Saints at 9th. The Falcons beat the Saints and we beat the Falcons so I'm not sure how it goes from there. Vikes don't play the Falcons or the Saints this year so I'm thinking the Vikes stay at the 7th seed. I know we should go ahead of the Falcons but where does that leave the Saints? 

Edit: OK, someone on Facebook straightened me out. They say we would have more conference wins than the other 3. Is that right? I always try to figure it out the hard way 😝

If 3 or more teams are tied, the tie breaker is conference record unless one team happens to have head to head wins over everyone.

• Like 1