Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Going through the sportslogos.net website, you are obviously right that their 2003-2011 white pants are purely the green and black, but it looks like their current ones have some sort of middle grey stripe in between, so I didn't open the thumbnail for the rest, playing the odds.  

Also, it looks like the actuality of their disgusting uniforms that those black stripes are thicker than the green component, making their nasty colored green uniforms look even worse.

• 6 months later...

Did anybody notice the gold lettering on the name plate of the jersey given to Scherff last night?

Interesting

img25169391.jpg

versus

griffin-allen-rg3-draftday-ap-718kb_606.

I don't know how much I'd read into it though-- the NFL basically has a press running jerseys behind the scenes during the draft, just to get the names on there quickly: http://mentalfloss.com/article/56676/how-do-draft-picks-get-personalized-jerseys-so-fast

• 3 weeks later...

So is the team gonna finally ditch the white pants they don't even wear anymore, and bring back the burgundy pants?  I miss them; the white on burgundy look that is.

For a few years, I was sick of them, but I never wanted them to go away.  The gold pants are great, the colors of the team are great (sans piping / stripes issues), and the burgundy pants are great.

Been saying it for years...

Home games, or when the team wears a burgundy jersey, they should always wear gold pants.

When the team wears a white jersey, most of the games should be white on burgundy.

On occasion, like one or two games a year, wear white on gold.

So aside from that, they just need to fix the stripes:

Helmet = 3 stripes

Socks = too many to count

Gold pants = 3 stripes

Jerseys = 2 sleeve base stripes

Burgundy / White pants = 2 stripes.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Whenever I see the Vikings play I dig those matte finish helmets. Id love to see the Skins with MATCHING dark bergundy jerseys and helmets and using the matte finish on the helmets. Eliminate the red glitter helmets and go with old school black cleats. It would be a nasty look.

Edited by mojo
  • Like 3

Whenever I see the Vikings play I dig those matte finish helmets. Id love to see the Skins with MATCHING dark bergundy jerseys and helmets and using the matte finish on the helmets. Eliminate the red glitter helmets and go with old school black cleats. It would be a nasty look.

Dunno. Matte finishes usually only look good with darker colors. If the Skins went to their 70th Anni burg, that might work. Not with this current burg.

Change the striped pattern too with the gold pants. Two thick stripe look would be preferred, or a thicker double stripe maybe with a spear design on it. And ditch the Baugh era throwbacks so we can wear burg pants again.

Those unis have been rendered a joke with the helmet rule change.

• Like 1

I agree on the matte finish helmets.  I think my favorite uniforms in the NFL right now are the Vikings and the Bills.  When the Bills went back to their 70's look with the white helmets and they have a great blue. 

Edited by RFK Lives

Agree on getting rid of the glitter on the helmet. I'd take it a different way thought, I'd match the red of the helmet from the 80's as opposed to the color they have now. I always thought it was cool how it didn't match with the burgundy pants. Same way the Giants blue never matched their blue jersey.