Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Are those the ones we've been wearing the last 2 years?

With the logo removed from the helmet?

uniforms will be the same from the last 2 seasons, but in 2012 we had the faux leather helmet.  last year the league came up with a rule that players had to wear the same helmet all year due to concussion concerns, so like last year, we'll wear our current helmet without the middle stripes...  side logos are still there...

Love these gold pants! I wish we could always wear these but with the usual burgundy jersey instead of the throwback jersey. Waaaay better than the mustard pants.

Disagree completely.  Mustard as you call it is better than the khaki "gold".  I think the "mustard" argument is kinda dumb anyway.  I say it's dumb because ANY shade of "gold" you can claim it to be mustard.  The color worn today for the throwbacks is spicy brown mustard, so when people call the regular gold pants "mustard" I think it's just kinda stupid.  Besides, our team colors are Burgundy & Gold.  Not sure what is not to like about our colors.  I love them, but they definitely need tweaks...

For starters, the piping on the uniforms / helmets / socks is a disaster.  Someone needs to get on this.  Second, the current burgundy the team uses is too red for my liking.  I prefer the color of burgundy used today on the throwbacks.   Third, I think the "gold" is too bright.  I think it needs to be deeper in color, and a a shade or two darker (but not khaki - I don't want us looking like Boston College).   If it were up to me the "gold" would be somewhere in between the regular gold and the gold used for the 70th Anniversary uniforms. 

I've said it multiple times, but here it goes again...

Home should be Burgundy on Gold.  This is an awesome look, and showcases our team's colors.

Away should be White on Burgundy for the most part, but now and then, bust out the White on Gold.

• Like 2

uniforms will be the same from the last 2 seasons, but in 2012 we had the faux leather helmet.  last year the league came up with a rule that players had to wear the same helmet all year due to concussion concerns, so like last year, we'll wear our current helmet without the middle stripes...  side logos are still there...

They should make these the uniforms and update the helmet to match the color and throwback logo. The road version could be white jerseys with the deep burgundy pants. Awesome.

• Like 1

Disagree completely.  Mustard as you call it is better than the khaki "gold".  I think the "mustard" argument is kinda dumb anyway.  I say it's dumb because ANY shade of "gold" you can claim it to be mustard.  The color worn today for the throwbacks is spicy brown mustard, so when people call the regular gold pants "mustard" I think it's just kinda stupid.  Besides, our team colors are Burgundy & Gold.  Not sure what is not to like about our colors.  I love them, but they definitely need tweaks...

For starters, the piping on the uniforms / helmets / socks is a disaster.  Someone needs to get on this.  Second, the current burgundy the team uses is too red for my liking.  I prefer the color of burgundy used today on the throwbacks.   Third, I think the "gold" is too bright.  I think it needs to be deeper in color, and a a shade or two darker (but not khaki - I don't want us looking like Boston College).   If it were up to me the "gold" would be somewhere in between the regular gold and the gold used for the 70th Anniversary uniforms. 

I've said it multiple times, but here it goes again...

Home should be Burgundy on Gold.  This is an awesome look, and showcases our team's colors.

Away should be White on Burgundy for the most part, but now and then, bust out the White on Gold.

I prefer the khaki gold and that shade of red. Looked more rough/serious. But the uniforms sucked. I'm one of the very few, but seeing an overwhelming amount of bright colors in football never looked right to me.

Agreed about the piping being screwed up. Looks like Snyder is trying to save nickels/dimes on a tight budget and probably is.

Edited by mike42

It has already been posted in this thread. We wear a shade of gold called "Maize". Because we are the Redskins. Natives grew this thing called maize. We call it corn. You guys know that right?

The throwback pants gold is not a shade we have ever worn in the past. It is a stylized version of what an old uniform would look like. We are the Burgundy and Gold, and the color gold has many, many shades. We wear maize. 

Look at the picture under my username. That is one of the best unis ever. Period!

I kind of liked the no striped helmet. Not as a permanent change, but one to wear now and then during the season. The throwback jersey is nice, and would like to see us wearing a white away version... now and then. DO NOT like the throwback pants, and WISH the Titan game was THE LAST that we ever see of them again.

I hear you guys, the white on burgundy is iconic, but so is the burgundy on gold.  Call me selfish, but I wan't both.  I think all versions need a stripe clean up though.  The 3 stripes on the helmet, 2 on the jersey sleeves, too many to count on the socks, double piping on the white / burgundy pants, etc...is just a mess.  They need to clean up the look. 

I hear you guys, the white on burgundy is iconic, but so is the burgundy on gold.  Call me selfish, but I wan't both.  I think all versions need a stripe clean up though.  The 3 stripes on the helmet, 2 on the jersey sleeves, too many to count on the socks, double piping on the white / burgundy pants, etc...is just a mess.  They need to clean up the look. 

You could clean up the Gold (ones worn yesterday, not ugly looking yellow gold) pants by putting a burgundy and white stripe on the side, then you could go with either burgundy jersey or white jersey.  Definitely don't want the Ronald McDonald look anymore!

I'd be happy to see a complete redesign ... something current and new.  Maybe as the lead for a complete new approach to playing/winning football games.  Keep the team colors Burgundy and Gold ... tweek them a little as a function of artistic licence (dark burgundy, red "burgundy", gold "gold", yellow "gold", whatever).  Something that gets most people saying "damn those are nice ..."

Yeah, I've wanted this for awhile.  Unis need a make over.

I like the helmets that wore in the 60's with the feather coming up the back -- some kind of update to that design.  And ace the yellow and go with gold like on that pants for the throwbacks.

• Like 1

Honestly, I hate the "gold" used for the throwbacks.  Loved the burgundy, but the gold made us look like Boston College.  I'm not a fan.  The gold needs to be more on the yellow side, but just a little darker than it is now.

The colors I'm thinking are more along the lines of the 70th, but personally, I'd like the gold to be lighter (again, darker then the current gold, lighter than the 70th).  The jersey colors for both the 70th and the 80th is spot on.  Love the darker shade.

2015318_display_image.jpg

I wish the NFL commish would allow teams to sport more than one helmet per year, so we could trot out the 70th anny helmets in conjunction with the 80th anny jerseys, pants (which are more khaki than gold) and socks.  I've long wanted to see those uniform elements combined for a kind of "composite" throwback.  However, even then, these unis would only be for special occasions (like how the Chargers rarely use their powder-blue jerseys).

I really wish the team would bring back the darker, Gibbs Era pants for road games.  Having said that, I could learn to love the team wearing canary yellow (or gold, as some call it) pants all the time, even on the road, if they tweaked their unis' striping a bit.  Nothing radical, mind you.  As examples, I think that Southern Cal and Iowa State (who both wear cardinal red/white jerseys and canary yellow pants -- er, gold pants -- kinda like us) look fabulous in their uniforms.

To be specific, I'd make the following changes: just one gold stripe on the helmets, losing the two white stripes; one stripe on the left and right edges of the shoulders on the jerseys (gold shoulder stripes at home and burgundy shoulder stripes on the road), losing the jersey-sleeve stripes, with solid-color/no-trim numerals (all-gold numerals at home and all-burgundy numerals on the road) and matching-color nameplates (all-gold text at home and all-burgundy text on the road); two thick burgundy stripes on the gold pants, losing the middle white stripe (i.e. "thick" pant stripes like those used by Southern Cal, Iowa State, the Colts and the Jets); and just two gold stripes on the burgundy portion of the socks, losing the five gold-and-white stripes.

This approach would de-emphasize the use of white on our uniforms, which isn't an official team color, after all.  Also, I think those thicker burgundy stripes on the pants and fewer stripes on the socks would go a long way toward making the road uniforms more palatable, as I never find myself kvetching about the road unis of Southern Cal and Iowa State the way that I do the Redskins' road unis of the last few years.

Edited by Glenn X