Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Tired of our fans ripping on the gold pants. Those are our colors. Not burgundy and white. Do I wish they were more gold than yellow? Sure, but I don't rip on the team. Rather than bringing back white pants as our second pants, I'd rather bring back the burgundy pants.

Agree 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I heard something about a new Redskins uniform submitted to the league on Redskins Nation today but only the tail end of the sentence and then Michael complained about having to go into it again.  Can anyone tell me what he was talking about?

I haven't heard a thing about this.  Though I'm a big fan of our current unis, it's time for a change.  We are a laughing stock and any changes that could be made may be a good idea.

Of course, a new owner would be my first choice.

I heard something about a new Redskins uniform submitted to the league on Redskins Nation today but only the tail end of the sentence and then Michael complained about having to go into it again. Can anyone tell me what he was talking about?

If that's true, hopefully it's nothing like the abominations over in Tampa Bay.

I heard something about a new Redskins uniform submitted to the league on Redskins Nation today but only the tail end of the sentence and then Michael complained about having to go into it again.  Can anyone tell me what he was talking about?

Could this be in reference to http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/university-of-minnesota-wants-redskins-to-wear-throwback-jerseys-at-vikings-game/2014/08/07/d1be02a8-1e57-11e4-ab7b-696c295ddfd1_story.html

Hopefully it's doing some modernization or having a consistent look to our team. I love our history, but these uniforms isn't going to bring a 80s Gibbs or Allen back. Need something to represent the present and teams do this through updates in uniforms, no different than we use to do. Doesn't have to be loud, but something better than what we have now. 

Personally, I hope they fuse the 80th anniversary colors with updated uniforms or at least fix the stripes. Maybe even ditching the helmet stripes.

We have worn Burgundy tops with Gold pants longer than any other combo. It is our real uniform.

If your refering to the current yellowish gold we now, that is simply not true. Even Burg pants have longer history than these yellow pants.

Burg pants : 1980-2009

Yellow gold pants: 1970s, 2010-present

If your refering to the current yellowish gold we now, that is simply not true. Even Burg pants have longer history than these yellow pants.

Burg pants : 1980-2009

Yellow gold pants: 1970s, 2010-present

s.

they were gold before the 70s though, just not this shade.  Frankly I don't like gold-gold in fabric(or much of anything really) so I'm perfectly happy with this shade.  I just wish we'd wear burgundy with the white jerseys

• Like 1

Our current shade of gold is truly gold per the color and design world.  The gold of year's past with the darker tint is "old gold".

Yes, technically it is gold. But most people who see this shade of gold will likely say its yellow. To me, it was part of an idea in the late 60s to mimic the packers which is sad. It's an eyesore to look at. When Bruce Allen is fired, hopefully they go with him.

they were gold before the 70s though, just not this shade.  Frankly I don't like gold-gold in fabric(or much of anything really) so I'm perfectly happy with this shade.  I just wish we'd wear burgundy with the white jerseys

That is why I mentioned the those pants started in the 70s, not 30s. Agree with burgundy with white jerseys man.

Yes, technically it is gold. But most people who see this shade of gold will likely say its yellow. To me, it was part of an idea in the late 60s to mimic the packers which is sad. It's an eyesore to look at. When Bruce Allen is fired, hopefully they go with him.

for me it's one of the nicest shades of yellow out there.  Any nicer ones are ones you'll never see on a football uniform

• Like 1

Posted this before, but whatev...

I like this uniform.  It's simple and really highlights the colors.  The current one is not bad, but I would just prefer darker colors (both deeper burgundy, and slightly darker gold - Note, not the Rams / Saints gold - I hate that).

sonny-jurgensen-vs-rams-1967.jpg

The fix for the unis, at least to me is a simple one.  Darken the colors (slightly), and fix the piping.  Maybe just a single gold stripe on the helmet, a single gold band around the sleeve of the jersey.  Use the solid burgundy socks too.

Also, definitely keep the gold pants (love the burgundy on gold look), but bring back the burgundy pants.  White Jerseys / Burgundy pants is iconic.  Use that for most away games, and now and then bust out the white on gold.

• Like 1

No new info on uniforms here.. just a cool pic of the white jersey 1938 uniforms.  I had never seen a photo of this uniform with a white jersey and I think it looks pretty awesome.  Interesting how the burgundy jerseys had a white outline around the gold numbers but these do not appear to have an outline around the numbers. Also it looks like the logo is higher on the white jerseys.

RedskinsToddFlahertyBaugh_zpsd8548fe8.jp

Burgundy jersey for reference

2-turk-edwards-ot_pg_600_zpsd913e699.jpg

I like those white jerseys.  I also like the shade of burgundy used on the jerseys from back in the day.  If it were up to me, I would use that color burgundy, but a more yellowish gold.  Gold very similar to today's look, just a bit darker.

I would also like to see a throwback for this one:

huff_20130710373.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TIME TO SCRAP THESE UGLY YELLOW PANTS!!!  3 stripes looks stupid!!!

Lets get our identity back wearing the uniforms we won 3 Super Bowls in!!!

White jerseys and burgundy pants...

If we're gonna get our ever lovin' arses kicked, lets at least look good while it happens!

HTTR

• Like 4