Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

As long as this thread has been bumped I have a question. Did the NFL get rid of the no switching of helmets rule? Or were the Rams able to switch their helmets from the current gold to the more yellow gold for their throwback uni's?

Yea I don't know what's up w/that. We weren't allowed to wear our throwback helmets in 2012.

Edit:

Should have researched first. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2228285-st-louis-rams-unveil-alternate-helmets-for-monday-night-football

In a nutshell, our helmets had logos that were permanently afixed. Not decals. The NFL want the players to use the most recent up to date safety first helmets.  If you use decals you're good to go. In our case, we couldn't take the logos off so we had to use our existing helmets.

Edited by Stadium-Armory

As long as this thread has been bumped I have a question. Did the NFL get rid of the no switching of helmets rule? Or were the Rams able to switch their helmets from the current gold to the more yellow gold for their throwback uni's?

No, the rule is still in effect.  The Rams are using the same helmets, but have removed the regular vegas gold decals and replaced it with the old "GSOT" decals.

This rule is why we've seen the Packers use their regular gold helmets with their throwbacks and us use our regular helmets (sans stripes) with our throwbacks.  It also lead to the demise of the Bucs' creamsicle throwbacks.  I hate the rule personally.

Edited by StephenB

I'd be happy to see a complete redesign ... something current and new.  Maybe as the lead for a complete new approach to playing/winning football games.  Keep the team colors Burgundy and Gold ... tweek them a little as a function of artistic licence (dark burgundy, red "burgundy", gold "gold", yellow "gold", whatever).  Something that gets most people saying "damn those are nice ..."

Edited by Brokenstriker
  • Like 2

No, the rule is still in effect.  The Rams are using the same helmets, but have removed the regular vegas gold decals and replaced it with the old "GSOT" decals.

This rule is why we've seen the Packers use their regular gold helmets with their throwbacks and us use our regular helmets (sans stripes) with our throwbacks.  It also lead to the demise of the Bucs' creamsicle throwbacks.  I hate the rule personally.

This is the dumbest rule, i have ever seen, in my life.  EVER.

• Like 1

I just want them to get rid of those UGLY ASS YELLOW PANTS!!!!!!!!  Bring back the Burgandy pants, the White pants, Gold pants, I don't care, just get rid of the silly ass UGLY yellow pants!

I am all in for a redesign as well!  Can't hurt.  Maybe they would just look better losing!!  Worked for the Bucs!!

• Like 2

I just want them to get rid of those UGLY ASS YELLOW PANTS!!!!!!!! Bring back the Burgandy pants, the White pants, Gold pants, I don't care, just get rid of the silly ass UGLY yellow pants!

I am all in for a redesign as well! Can't hurt. Maybe they would just look better losing!! Worked for the Bucs!!

The yellow pants are the gold pants...you know that right? The article said gold pants.

Yeah, the pants are why we keep losing....good excuse, Washington post...

No, they are yellow, I don't care what the article says.  The throwback pants are Gold (more like brown), the pants they wear are UGLY YELLOW pants.  There are color charts out there if you need to compare colors.  Gold would be an improvement

Yeah, the pants are why we keep losing....good excuse, Washington post...

You do know that was not a serious article, eh? Doesn't really matter though, any uniform they wear they are still suckin!! However, if you are going to lose, you might as well look good doing it.

"Better to look good and lose than to look bad and win"

Can anyone tell me what movie that comes from?

You do know that was not a serious article, eh? Doesn't really matter though, any uniform they wear they are still suckin!! However, if you are going to lose, you might as well look good doing it.

"Better to look good and lose than to look bad and win"

Can anyone tell me what movie that comes from?

had to google it. "White Men Can't Jump".

also, i know the washington post wasnt serious that the pants are the reason why we keep losing. but it was a stupid article to make, even if it was meant to be silly.

had to google it. "White Men Can't Jump".

also, i know the washington post wasnt serious that the pants are the reason why we keep losing. but it was a stupid article to make, even if it was meant to be silly.

Yep, it came from White Men Can't Jump.  I agree it was a stupid article, however, sometimes, it is cool to try and bring a little silly humor to this whole losing stuff going on.

Our current version of "gold" pants and when we wear the burgundy tops, we look like the Hot Dog theme from Windows 3.11

Our throwback versions are more of a Gulden's Mustard, which I prefer.  When we are on the road with yellow pants and white tops, we do look like Ronald McDonald out there. 

Don't know if they would even entertain overhauling the uniforms if there is pending name change but in the meantime, I think we should go back to the burgundy pants.  Just my preference, anything to change things up, get a new vibe.  I know you can't put lipstick on a pig but time to put the mustard and ketchup back in the fridge.

When we are on the road with yellow pants and white tops, we do look like Ronald McDonald out there. 

I know you can't put lipstick on a pig but time to put the mustard and ketchup back in the fridge.

LOL!!!  I didn't make the connection to Ronald McDonald until you said it :lol:

there won't be any change to the color scheme this year as much as many of you would like to see one.... all teams must submit to the league prior to the beginning of the season what colors they'll be using that year..  so, based on that, any change would have to come in 2015..  personally, i started with the skins in the '70s wearing their current color scheme...  we went to the super bowl wearing them..  i know we also wore the white on burgundy most of the time for home games under gibbs 1 and also went to the super bowl..  for me, maybe something completely different is in order - and by saying that, in no way am i implying a color change will effect how we play since if it does, it will be completely coincidental..

The one helmet rule is complete "CYA" by the NFL in reaction to the concussion lawsuit.

which anyone with a half of a brain would know that if you use a replication, its still the same damn thing.  And is it true that players only wear 1 helmet the entire year?  what if it gets dinged?  say something crazy happens and it breaks mid game, are they done for the yeaR?

which anyone with a half of a brain would know that if you use a replication, its still the same damn thing.  And is it true that players only wear 1 helmet the entire year?  what if it gets dinged?  say something crazy happens and it breaks mid game, are they done for the yeaR?

Or gets traded during the season like Trent Richardson did last year?  You know they didn't paint his Browns helmet white and slap new decals on it.  He got a brand new helmet.  It's such a BS rule.