Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

It has already been posted in this thread. We wear a shade of gold called "Maize". Because we are the Redskins. Natives grew this thing called maize. We call it corn. You guys know that right?

The throwback pants gold is not a shade we have ever worn in the past. It is a stylized version of what an old uniform would look like. We are the Burgundy and Gold, and the color gold has many, many shades. We wear maize.

Dude... I gave up. Did Wiki, shade charts, pallets, etc. Tried to educate some of these cats.

• Like 2

Fix'd.

I guarandamntee I would not be a fan if I was born in an era where yellow was a prominent part of the uniform.

Right? In my opinion, gold is good trim color, used to highlight and accent sparingly, like on stripes and face masks. It does not look good as a main color.

It's like salt, sprinkle it in and it's great, but too much will ruin the dish.

Do y'all not remember not only how boring it was, but how crappy and stale the team looked wearing white on burgundy every single game.  The gold was a welcomed change.  I don't like it at the expense of the burgundy pants, but the gold is part of our colors and part of our history, we need to keep them in the rotation, just like the burgundy pants.  The khakis can be ditched; they look stupid.  May as well have the team wear a polo shirt while their at it and look like a bunch of middle aged dads out there.

• Like 1

For the color-wheel pedants out there, according to Wikipedia, the color that most closely resembles our pants is... yellow.  (Gasp!)  Please -- oh, please -- tell me this isn't so!  Please point me in the correct direction, the direction that says our pants are the same color as Notre Dame's football helmets.  (Or that Michigan's helmets aren't really blue and... yellow.)  Please!

P.S.  Even if our current uniforms are, say, maroon and yellow (gasp!), I still dig 'em.   B)

Will the Cowboys be wearing white tops this week? I hope so then the Skins might play in my favourite of burgundy top white pants and burgundy socks.

I wouldn't hold your breathe on the white pants, though I think it would be a nice change up.

Do y'all not remember not only how boring it was, but how crappy and stale the team looked wearing white on burgundy every single game. The gold was a welcomed change. I don't like it at the expense of the burgundy pants, but the gold is part of our colors and part of our history, we need to keep them in the rotation, just like the burgundy pants. The khakis can be ditched; they look stupid. May as well have the team wear a polo shirt while their at it and look like a bunch of middle aged dads out there.

Yeah looking like the drippings off of a cheap burger isn't exciting. It's ugly and boring, as opposed to just boring.

I loved it. It's classy, and it's still my default look in Madden games.

Hey, I love it too.  I don't think we should have ever gotten rid of the burgundy pants.  It is indeed a classy look.  My point was that we wore that uniform for like 20 years post the glory years and it became stale.  I equated it equally with glory and failure.  The gold was a nice change.  

Like I've said a few times...

Home games should be Burgundy on Gold (display our glorious team colors in full effect).  Away games should be largely White on Burgundy, with the occasional game White on Gold (like one or two games max). 

I really don't get the hate for the gold, or the ketchup and mustard thing.  Our team colors are Burgundy AND Gold.  Not Burgundy and White.  If folks think the team looks like clowns or hamburgers or something, then maybe find a new team?  Not saying that is you, but I really hate it when people say Ketchup and Mustard.  It's stupid.

re: Ronald McDonald...people may actually have a point.  The team has played like a bunch of clowns for the better half of 20 years so that actually kinda fits, but not because of the look of the team, just the on and off field performance.

• Like 1

Will the Cowboys be wearing white tops this week? I hope so then the Skins might play in my favourite of burgundy top white pants and burgundy socks.

Unless Dallass wears their alternates, they ALWAYS wear white at home.  And the alternates are USUALLY reserved for T-giving.  This year vs. Iggles i think.

I really don't get the hate for the gold, or the ketchup and mustard thing. Our team colors are Burgundy AND Gold. Not Burgundy and White. If folks think the team looks like clowns or hamburgers or something, then maybe find a new team? Not saying that is you, but I really hate it when people say Ketchup and Mustard. It's stupid.

Find a new team if people don't like yellow pants? That's being a bit too dramatic. Some people like the ketchup and mustard look, some don't. Uniforms change over time anyway so it's really not that big of a deal.

Find a new team if people don't like yellow pants? That's being a bit too dramatic. Some people like the ketchup and mustard look, some don't. Uniforms change over time anyway so it's really not that big of a deal.

Well, you're complaining pretty loudly about the team looking like hamburgers.  How you see that is beyond me.  The burgundy & gold is a sweet look; one of the best in the NFL.  I'm saying if you hate looking at them so much, maybe watch another team.

I loved the uni's from this past sunday. They were sweet.

I hope we wear them more.

I love the 80th Anniversary jerseys, but I do not like the khakis at all.  We are not Burgundy and White, or Burgundy and Khaki.  We are Burgundy & Gold, and those are the colors the team should wear. 

I don't hate the yellow pants, although my personal favorite part of any redskin uniform are the double thick stripes on the sides of the pants, something that the yellows never have.  Having a run through on all franchises unis throughout history, it looks like that we are the only team to ever have that, and it's probably the reason why it feels unique (and looks the best) to me.  

Even if that design ultimately causes problems on any consistent helmet stripe layout, since we aren't going to ever go 2 stripes with half yellow half white on the other, maybe keeping the stripes off like last week helps that.

I don't hate the yellow pants, although my personal favorite part of any redskin uniform are the double thick stripes on the sides of the pants, something that the yellows never have.  Having a run through on all franchises unis throughout history, it looks like that we are the only team to ever have that, and it's probably the reason why it feels unique (and looks the best) to me.  

Even if that design ultimately causes problems on any consistent helmet stripe layout, since we aren't going to ever go 2 stripes with half yellow half white on the other, maybe keeping the stripes off like last week helps that.

Philly uses the double thick stripes:

1860429681.jpg?w=594&h=349&crop=1