Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

42 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Watched abducted in plain sight. Gross. 

Haven't seen it, but it reminded me of one of those kinda shows that come on I.D.

Was about a black boy and middle Eastern/white girl in an interracial relationship in their last year of hs. The boy loved the girl to death, but she had a sharia-friendly father, who forbade her from dating anyone, and would get very violent at times with her sister and mother. Things  escalate, they keep dating, the father beats her, beats his wife, beats her other sister, threatens the boyfriend, etc

Cycle continues they're close to graduation, and they see each other again. The father loses it and threatens to kill all of them. Mother takes the girls to her sisters in another town (maybe another state). Father calls the wife and begs her to come back and bring the girls, and said he's sorry.

While in these scenarios, if it was just the wife, I could totally understand her not thinking straight and going back to him, the mother TAKES HER DAUGHTERS BACK to him, despite the girls pleas to keep hem away from her.

Obviously he kills her, and the 911 tape was obtained so you could hear her dying words as he left her laying on the floor. The boys mother even came on the show, and broke down, wondering if she could've done something differently, the boy himself wasn't on, but I could definitely feel a bit of his pain, and frothing rage towards the mother and father. The father for being an evil, wimpy pos, and the mother for failing to do the #1 thing tasked to any parent.... Keep your child safe from harm, and opted to basically serve her daughter up for slaughter. The man was never found, I think.

I was so angry after that that I was lightheaded for awhile. I've never seen any of those shows since (and I used to watch them all the time, despite my own history as a witness to domestic violence).

Tore me apart. That was about 4 years ago.

9 hours ago, clietas said:

GNC 50 billion probiotic works well for me. Ive tried a number of others but they didn't seem as effective. 

I don’t have a problem with the gut flora concept-there’s legit science being done on it.

However, I am dubious about anything out of GNC. That’s an extremely unregulated industry. Note lots of documented reports of illness and  a few deaths linked to GNC supplements. 

The medical literature I’ve read questions whether these manufacturers even know what gut flora to put in there and most are not shelf stable. Also 50 billion is a huge number (and Id challenge the veracity of that claim) but there’s over 100 TRILLION gut flora inside us- .05% is not going to recolonize your gut.

9 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I don’t have a problem with the gut flora concept-there’s legit science being done on it.

However, I am dubious about anything out of GNC. That’s an extremely unregulated industry. Note lots of documented reports of illness and  a few deaths linked to GNC supplements. 

The medical literature I’ve read questions whether these manufacturers even know what gut flora to put in there and most are not shelf stable. Also 50 billion is a huge number (and Id challenge the veracity of that claim) but there’s over 100 TRILLION gut flora inside us- .05% is not going to recolonize your gut.

I was hesitant to start taking them. A few doctors suggested trying it out. Use to just have a cup of yogurt. Same basic concept. 

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in my mid twenties. I've been on a lot of expensive meds for it. Some of which were only approved by the fda for 6 months of use. Luckily I only took them for over 10 years. So long golden years.

I've read that since most supplements aren't fda regulated they put any and everything in them. I remember steroids being reported in a lot of supplements sold. 

Definitely a risk as you pointed out. Ive tried a few probiotics over the last 3 years. I can definitely say the GNC one makes a obvious difference for me.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Are duffel bags considered personal or carry on when flying?

Based on recent experience, as long as it is less than 12'×15'×35' they will let you pretend it is an appropriate size for carry on.

Edit:  No I don't have anything of really value to add.  My dog is at daycare and I'm bored.

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Are humans inherently good or bad?

Note: I happen to know the answer. Just curious what people think.

Good.  At least that's what I want to believe.  You could probably make a strong argument for both.

Archived