Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

9 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Are humans inherently good or bad?

Note: I happen to know the answer. Just curious what people think.

Trick question, because good and bad are based on opinion and perception.  We don't grow up in total isolation like some sharks do in order to answer your question.  Raised by wolves is a funny jokes but racism is taught.

Watched Arrival on the plane. Pretty thought-provoking movie. I enjoy artistic and abstract movies like that. Also saw The Martian. Enjoyable as well but not as good as Arrival imo. If one has a good understanding of science I could see how it would be interesting. Too predictable for me though.

16 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Are humans inherently good or bad?

Note: I happen to know the answer. Just curious what people think.

When you look back at history one could make a case that humans are inherently bad. Trying to conquer other lands and people, slavery, discrimination...the list of atrocities is too long to list. Then looking at current society there is racism and general crime. Stealing, rape, mistreatment of animals and our planet. The more I think of it humans are inherently bad and downright selfish.

On the other hand people have many good qualities too. When I see videos of humans freeing whales from fishing nets and things of that nature I get renewed.

Of course, 99% of it comes down to how you were raised and in what environment. But I don't think one can simply dismiss people's inherent traits. Is it absolutely inconceivable that some people are born, "bad?" I don't think so. 

Apparently a huge cluster **** at Orlando Airport yesterday morning. 

A TSA officer jumped to his death from a balcony of the airport hotel into the airport concourse. 

When he did that, panicked passengers who were waiting to go through security flooded through the checkpoint. 

Therefore, security had to empty all passengers from the secured areas, and make everybody go through security again. 

49 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Making some lollipop chicken for Super Sunday.

How does one even.... ☹

10 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

This Korean movie is ****ing me up. There’re are subtitles then there isn’t. Wtf. 

Speaking of old Asian movies, I watched Hard Boiled this past week. Still holds up well. Mr Wick may be the current Lord of Gunplay, but he has a shrine devote to my man Tequila Yuen somewhere in his house.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Speaking of old Asian movies, I watched Hard Boiled this past week. Still holds up well. Mr Wick may be the current Lord of Gunplay, but he has a shrine devote to my man Tequila Yen somewhere in his house.

Hard Boiled is crazy good.  It's like they used 3 squibs for every bullet fired.  I remember the first time I saw The Killer.  I was like "why have y'all been hiding this from me my entire life?"  Ballet with guns indeed.

6 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Watched Arrival on the plane. Pretty thought-provoking movie. I enjoy artistic and abstract movies like that.

My cousin was a big movie buff and Arrival was the only one he ever walked out of. He was also watching it on a plane so he must’ve really hated it.

5 hours ago, Larry said:

Apparently a huge cluster **** at Orlando Airport yesterday morning. 

A TSA officer jumped to his death from a balcony of the airport hotel

I was chillin at that hotel just this Tuesday. Down in Orlando for NFLFLAG Nationals (part of the Pro Bowl week). Missed my flight so hung out at the hotel for 6 hours while I was waiting for the next one.

27 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Hard Boiled is crazy good.  It's like they used 3 squibs for every bullet fired.  I remember the first time I saw The Killer.  I was like "why have y'all been hiding this from me my entire life?"  Ballet with guns indeed.

Exactly. Like, instead of some heavy/rap metal or Wu Tang, you could play Mozart, and it would fit right in.

Sultry bullet raindrops 💞

26 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Is that we’re that saying is from. Hard boiled 

Well its the only one my life is dedicated to. Got no use for any other application 😂

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Pigs in a blanket, with my very own "condiment surprise" sauce. I made French toast & Canadian bacon for breakfast, thought I'd get back to the redneck US for game snacks. 🤩

Cooking up some brats now to go with the jalapeno pepper cornbread and homemade pinto beans (which have been cooking with bacon since 1am).  Had a keg of Smithwick's delivered this past Friday.  Later tonight it will be draft beer, hot wings and fries. 

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I feel like I am more interested in the commercials than the game.  That no call in the Saints game adding to the state of our team has really sucked away my interest in football.

I actually paused it to pee b I didn't wanna miss a commercial, lol

Archived