Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Flipped me out when I heard that the Hawks beat em...like I almost drove off the road  🤬 

Because of the SB, they had a 7-game road trip, went 4-3, and you'da thought they were sweeping the last round of the playoffs by the guys on the radio this morning 🤪

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25931300/john-wall-washington-wizards-ruptures-achilles-tendon-miss-approximately-12-months

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

My wife and I just booked our first ever cruise.

I'm not a fan of crowds which is why I've never done it before but I gotta at least try one to see what all the fuss is about. 

Hopefully i can still relax a little while aboard ship.

Enjoy your norovirus.  ;)

The NBA is complete garbage. Why it receives the most media coverage is beyond me. I went to a Grizzlies Kings game maybe 2 weeks ago in Memphis and it was the worst sporting event I’ve ever attended. Players were lazy as hell and I don’t think I saw one dude try to play defense, I’ve seen better games at the Rec center. My girlfriend at one point asked if this game is a big deal or anything because it looks like no one is even trying. College basketball is 10 times better. That is my random thought of the day after reading this news about John Wall. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This was your first mistake 😂

You could be right, we were visiting her Fam that lives in Tennessee and decided to check out a game since they were playing. I would probably have different thoughts if I went to a wizards game as I somewhat blindly support them. But that **** was terrible, Memphis is kinda cool though 

27 minutes ago, max21 said:

The NBA is complete garbage. Why it receives the most media coverage is beyond me. I went to a Grizzlies Kings game maybe 2 weeks ago in Memphis and it was the worst sporting event I’ve ever attended. Players were lazy as hell and I don’t think I saw one dude try to play defense, I’ve seen better games at the Rec center. My girlfriend at one point asked if this game is a big deal or anything because it looks like no one is even trying. College basketball is 10 times better. That is my random thought of the day after reading this news about John Wall. 

I went to a Penguins/Wild game last year—same deal. Zero effort. My buddy commented that they just clocked in and were skating around 'til quitting time. 

18 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I went to a Penguins/Wild game last year—same deal. Zero effort. My buddy commented that they just clocked in and were skating around 'til quitting time. 

Sounds fitting since it’s the penguins, that teams sucks ass. But somewhat surprising because IMO hockey is the best sport to watch live and never seems to get boring to me. To each their own I guess. In retrospect I know the Grizzlies and Kings aren’t the most exciting teams and it’s the middle of the season so I wasn’t expecting a playoff type atmosphere. But it was worse than I anticipated, it was straight trash. I just don’t understand why I constantly hear ESPN radio talking about the NBA, can’t get behind the hype of it. NHL blows it out of the water as far as a team sport and entertainment IMO. Cheers

58 minutes ago, max21 said:

Memphis is kinda cool though 

Yeah it's awesome. Drove there close to a couple years ago to visit a friend of mine (I had never driven that far west/southwest before). Trip was something altogether different, but I had a blast when I finally got there.

Ate like a refugee

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Sounds fitting since it’s the penguins, that teams sucks ass. But somewhat surprising because IMO hockey is the best sport to watch live and never seems to get boring to me. To each their own I guess. In retrospect I know the Grizzlies and Kings aren’t the most exciting teams and it’s the middle of the season so I wasn’t expecting a playoff type atmosphere. But it was worse than I anticipated, it was straight trash. I just don’t understand why I constantly hear ESPN radio talking about the NBA, can’t get behind the hype of it. NHL blows it out of the water as far as a team sport and entertainment IMO. Cheers

To be perfectly honest, as I've gotten older (43 - will be 44 in June) I've also gotten away from even caring too much about going to live sporting events.  Last professional sports game I went to was Redskins/Bears at Fed-Ex in 2013.  We won, had fun, etc. but I live in Charlotte, NC and it's a haul and cost a lot of money just to go to one game, not to mention PTO from work because who wants to leave that mess at 4-4:30 pm and finally get to your car at 5:30 or so then drive almost 7 hours home and have to work the next day.

Haven't been to a Panthers game in a while and don't really want to since it's not my team.  My MLB team is the Braves, not happening either, last went in 1998.  Bulls in NBA.......not going to Chicago, could have caught the game last week in Charlotte, but like I said, I'd just rather watch at home now.

Hockey team is Hurricanes, they play in Raleigh...........I ****ing hate Raleigh.........**** that place.  

The only live sporting events I even consider going to anymore is minor league baseball and potentially some minor league hockey games.  The players actually care and are trying to make it to the bigs.  Tickets are always available, even last minute and cheap.  Usually good food and cheap beer too.  Parking isn't $20+ either. 

I'm a season ticket holder for my alma mater's football team (UNC-Charlotte 49ers) and I haven't been to a game in 2 years cause it's a start up program and they suck so bad it's gotten old baking in the heat or sitting in the rain watching them get blown out.  Plus it was getting to be too much for my dad to come down every Sat. and go to the games with us, they are retired and would be going from 7am until mid-night when we had night games.  

For me, I'll sit at home, fire up three TVs in the man cave and put on multiple games, drink draft beer from my kegerater while playing video games and relaxing.

58 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

To be perfectly honest, as I've gotten older (43 - will be 44 in June) I've also gotten away from even caring too much about going to live sporting events.  Last professional sports game I went to was Redskins/Bears at Fed-Ex in 2013.  We won, had fun, etc. but I live in Charlotte, NC and it's a haul and cost a lot of money just to go to one game, not to mention PTO from work because who wants to leave that mess at 4-4:30 pm and finally get to your car at 5:30 or so then drive almost 7 hours home and have to work the next day.

Haven't been to a Panthers game in a while and don't really want to since it's not my team.  My MLB team is the Braves, not happening either, last went in 1998.  Bulls in NBA.......not going to Chicago, could have caught the game last week in Charlotte, but like I said, I'd just rather watch at home now.

Hockey team is Hurricanes, they play in Raleigh...........I ****ing hate Raleigh.........**** that place.  

The only live sporting events I even consider going to anymore is minor league baseball and potentially some minor league hockey games.  The players actually care and are trying to make it to the bigs.  Tickets are always available, even last minute and cheap.  Usually good food and cheap beer too.  Parking isn't $20+ either. 

I'm a season ticket holder for my alma mater's football team (UNC-Charlotte 49ers) and I haven't been to a game in 2 years cause it's a start up program and they suck so bad it's gotten old baking in the heat or sitting in the rain watching them get blown out.  Plus it was getting to be too much for my dad to come down every Sat. and go to the games with us, they are retired and would be going from 7am until mid-night when we had night games.  

For me, I'll sit at home, fire up three TVs in the man cave and put on multiple games, drink draft beer from my kegerater while playing video games and relaxing.

I hear you man, nothing wrong with staying at the house and watching whatever game you want. Saves money, no bathroom waits, eat anything you want, not wanting to end opposing fans lives, the pros are endless. I’m a younger lad and my girl loves going to see the caps, and honestly I do also so we try to go to atleast 2 a year. Living in Virginia Beach the drive isn’t so bad and her having old college friends around the area makes the budget not so tight if we stay with them. 

It's a tough adjustment for sure (joining us, the People of The Wind, True Believers in all things Cardio, for the Timer is a TRUE representation of our journey from life, to death, from our slow but steady beginning, to our feverishly rewarding middle years, to the gradual coold, er winding down of our lives, ceding our knowledge to the younger generation).

I am proud that you have decided to momentarily set aside the path of Hulkroid Smashface, for the path of Knowledge, my friend. 

Archived