Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The GEICO commercial about the secret agent getting a call from his mother about the squirrels is pretty funny. The gal who plays the mother went to my HS, several years after me. I have to laugh every time I see it.

Love that one...😅

GEICO is doing a campaign where we viewers vote on our favorite classic commercial. Go to the website & vote!

39 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Met this gangster today on my morning walk.  His name is Roy Beck, he is 95 years old and he drove his creamy 90K, 1976 Lincoln Mark IV from Wisconsin to Singer Island, FL...BY HIMSELF.  Why?  In his words, “for some pool time and maybe a little dancing”.

The man is a hero.

I love that that car is a 2-door.  Land yacht.

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah,  got the idea from a bar on Tybee Island. Can't remember which,  but I know it wasn't Doc's. They Dirty Martini me into a cab.

Ah, Tybee Island........the beach I'll never go to again (most likely).  Beach was great, condo great, but that island is just too tiny and overcrowded on weekends to the point of driving one to insanity.  We went with some friends of ours like in 2011 (ironically, the same friends we hung out with yesterday), went down on Thursday (or Friday) and came home on a Monday (iirc).  

Didn't know that it was the commuter beach from HELL.  I remember going out at 9am on a Sat. morning to the beach and getting a spot that was back pretty far and it being so ****ing crowded with people.  At lunch time, turn around and it's packed all the way to the dunes, zero spots, people walking around like vultures waiting to swoop in and take a spot from people getting ready to leave.  

The beach access lots being packed with cars circling waiting to park, etc.  Trying to find a place to eat on Saturday night was damn near impossible.  No parking.  I remember we went to the Crab Shack our first night there and it was great.  Squeaked in to some local place on the island Friday night and it was fine.  Saturday night, GTFO.........nowhere to park on the island even if you could find a place with a decent wait time.

I remember loosing my **** after 3 or 4 attempts at dining places, so bad that I pulled off on the side of the road refusing to go anywhere else until it was decided where we were going to go and starve for 3 hours instead of wasting time going from here to there.  So we went back to the Crab Shack and it was like a 2 hour - 2 1/2 hour wait (it was around 7pm at this point).  Now we did have kids with us (Tazette was 3 and our friends kid was 2), but I was like **** it, I'm staying here.  I tell them I'm going in and grabbing a beer at the bar.

I go in, two people leave, I sit down, order a beer.  Next thing I know my wife comes in and starts jumping my **** because they were texting me telling me they all decided to just leave and go to an applebee's or something.  This is after we had already been there for 30 minutes or so.  Then she gets mad I was sitting at the bar and had ordered a beer while they were standing outside, even though I told them what I was going to do, they just ignored me.

I chug the beer and walked out and headed back to the car, we are standing in the parking lot and arguing (me and the wife) and some asshole waiting on a spot honks his horn at me cause he wanted my spot and I went ****ing bonkers.  Started walking towards the dude, yelling, cussing, etc.  We ended up going to the grocery store, buying a bunch of shrimp and cooking dinner in the condo, which turned out to be the best meal of the trip, imo.  

If I ever do head back down to Tybee Island again, it will be during the week, like Mon-Thurs.

/EndRant

-------oh, pepperoni in a mixed drink sounds like it wouldn't taste good?  Is it because it's tomato juice and they are trying to make it like a pizza?

Archived