Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

House 3 doors away from me sold for $132,000 over asking (and it's not like asking was low)..

Not sure what to think about that.

I mean, that is a good thing for your property value.  

It also probably means that your new neighbor is a dummy. :806:

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, that is a good thing for your property value.  

It also probably means that your new neighbor is a dummy. :806:

A dummy with money. Tbf..that's the Bay Area market and how competitive the bidding has to be (we paid 21k over asking 2 years ago but still less than the asking of this house that just sold). The same house (and ours) would have sold for 2-3x that if it was 15 miles closer to downtown SF. Right now, that person is a 45-50 minute commute to SF via car & BART. High demand, low supply, and tax law that severely limits (decentivizes) housing turnover has led to this market the past 30 years.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

A dummy with money. Tbf..that's the Bay Area market and how competitive the bidding has to be (we paid 21k over asking). The same house would have sold for 2-3x that if it was 15 miles closer to downtown SF. Right now, that person is a 45-50 minute commute to SF via car & BART.

Dummies with money are, like, the best kinds of dummies. 

I've spend most of my working hours this week drafting a letter to the CFPB on why a number of their rules suck, and need to be fixed ASAP because they are harming consumers and the lending industry.  

My boss wrote those rules when he was at CFPB.  

Image result for awkward gif

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Me:  Boxing is dead.

ES:  Nuh-uh, here are awesome boxing clips (from no later than 1987).  

:806:

Boxing has its problems, but it is far from a dead sport. I think over the years, it's sort of common viewer exclusivity, number of different federations/belts, corruption/politics, etc have hurt it, but when the best square off, the money still tends to pour in. That means that there are other issues at play.

At any rate, I'm just messin around. I like boxing, and apart from that, nothing else really matters.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Boxing has its problems, but it is far from a dead sport. I think over the years, it's sort of common viewer exclusivity, number of different federations/belts, corruption/politics, etc have hurt it, but when the best square off, the money still tends to pour in. That means that there are other issues at play.

At any rate, I'm just messin around. I like boxing, and apart from that, nothing else really matters.

I know.  I don't like boxing, i find it boring.  I also find soccer boring.  I get that other people like it and like, good for them.  I like baseball a lot.  I get why people wouldn't.  

But yea, boxing's only notable event in recent memory was a circus with an MMA guy that's not even a real boxer.  :ols:

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I know.  I don't like boxing, i find it boring.  I also find soccer boring.  I get that other people like it and like, good for them.  I like baseball a lot.  I get why people wouldn't.  

But yea, boxing's only notable event in recent memory was a circus with an MMA guy that's not even a real boxer.  :ols:

Seems sad that he was so willing to get worked by old ass Floyd for some of that dead sport money that he couldn't get in MMA...

I don't know if the best atheletes even want to box anymore after everyone saw what happened to Ali.  I like boxing, it's very tactical, MMA jus seems unnecessarily savage.  But the payperview and fact I can't keep up with all the weight classes and federations like Sin brough up leaves me hoping for best anytime I put it on.  I typically don't know what's going on anymore jus hopine they give a ****, and the last two "mega" fights were an embarrassment to the sport, didn't help at all, imo.

The Great Salt Lake is truly a magnificent natural wonder. Spent a couple hours driving around a national park on the shore, really impressive, snow capped mountains in the distance and miles of water with reeds and birds and all sort of flora and fauna. I'll try to post some photos later. Saw several bison grazing, got within 10 feet of one in my car. Been a cool couple days between chopping it up with Pete Rose last night and seeing some awesome landscapes today. Utah is quite the beautiful state.

Finding more details about my cousin’s suicide. She was married a guy but he was physically abusive so two weeks after they got married she moved out. But then there was a back and forth of accusations and restraining orders. Maybe he was harrassing her too-I dont know. It hadnt been a year yet and in VA yiu have to wait a year to start divorce proceedings. 

Makes me so mad. So needless. **** abusers.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Finding more details about my cousin’s suicide. She was married a guy but he was physically abusive so two weeks after they got married she moved out. But then there was a back and forth of accusations and restraining orders. Maybe he was harrassing her too-I dont know. It hadnt been a year yet and in VA yiu have to wait a year to start divorce proceedings. 

Makes me so mad. So needless. **** abusers.

I told a family member I wanted to kill her husband and she said no because she loved him and would take his side.  Moved to another country and next thing I know she's driving trucks with a class a CDL and no home address.  Suicide for many is fear they can't get right like it's their fault when it isnt, they can't escape thir own hell.  Not about being spiteful, they know it's gonna hurt people, but they have no idea how to fix it, belive it can't be fixed.  I'm glad that family member never gave in to that, I'm glad I never did, I feel level of pain most don't understand when people do that, I feel level of sick that's hard to describe when people convince themselves they'd rather be dead and situation is unfixable.  Ill tell anyone the point isn't fixable, are you safe, are the people you care about safe?.  Domestic violence like many have touched on is the worst, I've been in the middle of stopping it, sorry for your loss. It's so hard to stop when people are convinced love is worth it its not.

Edit: I'm sorry, she didn't want me to throw everything, and I'll reason I can live with myself 's she's still alive, no one should have" to make that choice "

2x edit: yes been drinking with cowokers, home safe, level of angry impossible to to describe but I should just shut up, that jus made me sad on our level I have to sleep on, gotta smoke weed and wait to take meds to deal with

Sitting in my recliner this morning, drinking my Kona Coffee, and somehow I lost control of my cup and spilled hot coffee on my back and left hip. #OldAgeSucks.

Have a shirt and shorts on, but the skin is turning red. First degee burn so far. Put some cold water on it. Ouch!

4 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Sitting in my recliner this morning, drinking my Kona Coffee, and somehow I lost control of my cup and spilled hot coffee on my back and left hip. #OldAgeSucks.

Have a shirt and shorts on, but the skin is turning red. First degee burn so far. Put some cold water on it. Ouch!

Ouch!  That sucks broski

7 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Yep, ice helps too...aloe gel after. 

No creams of any kind...oil in them adds fuel to the fire, so to speak.? Feel better soon, old fart.?

39 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yep, ice helps too...aloe gel after. 

No creams of any kind...oil in them adds fuel to the fire, so to speak.? Feel better soon, old fart.?

Ok now. Looks like a mild sunburn. 

Pissed me off more that I lost a cup of expensive coffee, then getting burned.

Archived