Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

4 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

dude you have ****in no idea how my luck is.   It's like my dc playoff attendance record.  

I hear ya. I was in a similar boat until I met my lady and we've been together almost two years now. When you find the one, it's all worth it.

20 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Good news:

I got through my morning coffe with no spillage incidents. 

#BurnFreeMorning

My Saturday morning started with coffee pouring over me from a poorly secured lid. Good thing it had dried off by my next pit stop (I was on a long drive back to DC when this happened).

18 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh no, no one except super sexy exotic female supervillains would domesticate cats that big. These had to be lynx, bare minimum. 

I live on the doorstep of WV, so it could've been mounties 

Where do you live? Depending on which side I’m no more than an hour from the border.

18 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

so this girl i'm talking to mentioned she was free on thursday to meet up. I told i had plans to watch the Caps game but she was like lets watch it together.  It's a first date but she looks like a keeper.  Any pitfalls for a 1st date?

Don’t be an angry fan. Women get scared that you’re a violent abuser type if they see you raging at sports if they don’t know you. 

37 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Don’t be an angry fan. Women get scared that you’re a violent abuser type if they see you raging at sports if they don’t know you. 

This!

If Caps win, go with the “you must be a good luck charm” angle.

If we lose, play the “it’s only game 4/watching it with you still made it fun” card.

You got this.

41 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This!

If Caps win, go with the “you must be a good luck charm” angle.

If we lose, play the “it’s only game 4/watching it with you still made it fun” card.

You got this.

And if caps win, say we can’t break the streak and must watch Game 5 together. Pause. “In bed”. 

4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Where do you live? Depending on which side I’m no more than an hour from the border.

Nah, I just had a full retard moment. Clarksburg (MD) is the place I'm near, which makes me think about Clarksburg  (WV) occasionally.

I'm in Damascus (Off of I-270, a little over 30 miles north of DC), nestled between Frederick, Germantown, and Gaithersburg, and not all that far from Loudon and Leesburg, Northern Virgina . Very scenic, hilly, country ass area. The road I take to get home (Rt 27) provides one of those views, far as the eye can see, with Sugar Loaf mountain off in the distance.

Damascus is old, and old tymey. I live in an area of new-ish houses that's heavily wooded, and not as old as everything else, and it's cut off from the rest of the neighborhood  (designated private land), and so it gets frontier dark out there with the whole no street lights thing, not that the neighborhood outside is well lit either. Since  the area was basically forest, the surrounding treeline is so high it works to block all kinds of light, including moonlight, at times.

Then there's this creepy old house on the far side of the land away from the house with an Ed Gein dilapidated  shack and a big, grotesque, dead tree, like the womping willow/sleepy hollow tree. Supposedly an old lady lived there, but died awhile back. Apparently one of her children still maintain the property like my dad and I for my grandma's property in NJ, but I've never once seen anyone over there, certainly not lately, and it's starting to get that post apocalyptic look. Several of the 50,000 deer out here have taken to grazing in the yard, as well as humongous wild turkeys (like ****, I had no idea turkeys got that big, two of those damn things could've been served at 6 Plymouth Rocks).

Which brings me to the wildlife. Look I'm originally from Hialeah, FL, then moved to Southern, MD. As a youngin I still remember seeing snakes, big lizards, big rodents/vermin, spiders, but I have to say, this place, residence wise, had everywhere else beat. I mean, we are basically up against the woods, so there are all manner of aggressive, venomous non house spiders I've seen, hornets  (complete with a nest straight from Hell, that was here the day we moved in, just evil looking) saw a copper, but something already killed it. Big vultures with Greek Freak wingspans. A fox that's always up to no good. Basically everything but a gator and a bear

And I'm positive it was two cats I saw. Thinking back, I would sometimes have my window open at night back on the cold months, and I'm pretty attentive when it comes to varying kinds of sound. What I heard sounded like something foreign, off towards the woods. Definitely sounded like something getting viciously attacked, or having some freak nasty mating sex. And that doesn't seem to match up with the calendar  (it was early Feb, dead of winter)

Then the other night when I beamed my flashlight down, their eyes reflected back like cats eyes, and they were centered. Just sitting in the driveway, before they ran off.

Something else I remember, is last Wednesday, I was on the deck grilling, and heard a flock of birds or geese yelling. But they were stationary (could tell because the sound kept going and didn't travel). It was almost like they were high up, signaling danger or something. Either way, I know there's probably several chapters left in this.

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Boom, straight to Splash Mountain!

101ca434ee200415c614614b27181153.gif

I've been in the actual workforce for 20+ years now I'd say 99% of the jobs I've interviewed for (which means I've made it through a lot of cut downs) I've never received correspondence either way on.

Why is that? Is it really too much to expect a rejection call or letter? Or even an answer to a follow-up email/call 3-4 weeks after the interview.

Sigh. It's ****ing rude and unprofessional. ?

6 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I'm at Arches National Park right now. It's ****in amazing.

I love that place! Make sure you get to the Double Arch, along with (obviously) Delicate arch. Windows is cool too. One of my favorites looks almost like two dolphins kissing, and you go through a narrow pass to get to it. I can't remember the name though.

It's about 5 hours away, but if you're in Utah for and extended period of time, the other must-see us Bryce Canyon. Absolutely unreal!

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I love that place! Make sure you get to the Double Arch, along with (obviously) Delicate arch. Windows is cool too. One of my favorites looks almost like two dolphins kissing, and you go through a narrow pass to get to it. I can't remember the name though.

It's about 5 hours away, but if you're in Utah for and extended period of time, the other must-see us Bryce Canyon. Absolutely unreal!

I meant to go to Zion and Bryce but I've been driving so much I skipped it. I'll return in the fall. I went from LA to Vegas to Salt Lake City (no sleep) to Steamboat Springs, CO to Grand Junction. Then I went to Moab, and now I'm back in Vegas. Gonna watch the Caps game at the Westgate Superbook. Will probably get a room and crash.

I saw Delicate Arch from a distance, I would've liked to stand under it. I walked through the first canyon with the sheer walls, I forget the name. It was unreal. I got there at 6 am and the sun was just coming up, plus no one was there. Really special moment. I want to return and do the Devil's Garden Trail.

Archived