Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Top 10 in public schools, I think we were ranked 9th overall I public by us weekly or whatever that website that ranks schools. Had us tied with UC San Diego and some other school.

Best veterinary school in the world, I think. I think its cool one of the professors came here for undergrad and now works along with one of the teachers who was his professor. Great teacher too, best professor I've ever had.

Surface forces are tricky ****s

I could probably drink 30+ regular beers in a night and be decently functional. These suckers are 8% and I can drink 12+ without any problem.

Might try it as a challenge soon. Gonna be able to put out a forest fire with the amount I'll be pissing. What yall's tolerances like right now?

If I drink 3 4 lokos in 5 mins I'm done.

Top 10 in public schools, I think we were ranked 9th overall I public by us weekly or whatever that website that ranks schools. Had us tied with UC San Diego and some other school.

Best veterinary school in the world, I think. I think its cool one of the professors came here for undergrad and now works along with one of the teachers who was his professor. Great teacher too, best professor I've ever had.

Surface forces are tricky ****s

If I drink 3 4 lokos in 5 mins I'm done.

1 time you try 2 drink 3 4lokos in 5 mins and you'll be 6 feet under 7 times out of 8.

I'm back to not drinking but when I was (not very long ago at all) my tolerance was ridiculous. Not bragging or bull****ting. I could throw them back all day and all night.

So weird man, I can go 5 nights off and 2 nights on now, and do seemingly the same thing. All day and night.

If I were to speed it up or drink liquor, it'd be a different story. But give me a good chunk of time and I think I can rip through a 30 pack of the 5% stuff.

I'm back to not drinking but when I was (not very long ago at all) my tolerance was ridiculous. Not bragging or bull****ting. I could throw them back all day and all night.

Same here. Like I said earlier, I had one job, I'd do at least 40 shots in one shift. I was like the chick in the first Indiana Jones movie.

For real, before I stopped drinking, I was putting between 1 1/2-2+ bottles of rum down a day and nobody knew I was drunk. I don't think I was "sober" for the last 10 years.

Life was good. The Sun was setting on a sweet Summer's day. A house on the Jersey side across the river. The smell of freshly cut lawns. The sounds of children playing. A beautiful wife and a baby girl. The American dream come true. But dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when you're not looking.

Life was good. The Sun was setting on a sweet Summer's day. A house on the Jersey side across the river. The smell of freshly cut lawns. The sounds of children playing. A beautiful wife and a baby girl. The American dream come true. But dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when you're not looking.

Realizing he was near Jersey he immediately checked to make sure his gun was loaded. He quickly bolted the doors shut and pulled the hurricane shutters closed. Nightfall was quickly approaching and the Guidos would be out soon.

I could probably drink 30+ regular beers in a night and be decently functional. These suckers are 8% and I can drink 12+ without any problem.

Might try it as a challenge soon. Gonna be able to put out a forest fire with the amount I'll be pissing. What yall's tolerances like right now?

30 is easily doable for me. I throw down at least 20 a day as it is. 

You guys should get your livers checked. Damn.

I'm a self admitted lightweight. I grew up with an alcoholic father, so massive drinking never appealed to me. I don't mind a drink here and there, but I've never been out to impress anyone with my drinking skills (or lack of).

I've never gotten the "machismo" of drinking beer every day. Excessive drinking doesn't make you a man. It makes you a fool. But that's just my view. Apologies to anyone who feels I'm too harsh or pointing fingers. It's just my general view on male culture having grown up with a verbally abusive alcoholic father.

Interesting because my parents don't really drink at all.

I'll tease my Dad because he can make a six-pack last 6 months. 

Mom will have a glass or two at most of wine every blue moon. 

Sure, I'm an alcoholic, but I am not in any way abusive. 

Nor am I drinking for machismo, I just like to have beer. 

KH got me thinking about something...

When is an addiction considered an addiction?

For me, I think an addiction comes when you aren't able to live life or function without having that one thing. Or, when that one things becomes a so out of control that you couldn't stop if you wanted to. Oh, and when it causes problems with those around you...

I'll say this, it's been harder (talking long term) to quit drinking caffeine than it is for me to not drink a beer, or cut it back, etc.  With the exception of the small amount in tea, I'm officially caffeine free.  Working now on cutting out the caffeine free diet cokes too, since that junk isn't good for ya.  

I don't drink a lot of tea, but have switched to unsweetened too.  Pretty easy transition, cause I've always been able to drink coffee black, even french roast, so the lack of sugar doesn't phase me.  

Stopped drinking sodas almost 10 years ago now, besides a rare occasional one. 

Hasn't been an issue. 

I do so loathe when people make something racial that is not, or should not be considered racial. 

I last didn't drink caffeine/sodas in 2001 through the beginning of 2003.  They provided free fountain drinks at my office, one Saturday I had gone in for some OT, stomach was in shambles, decided to drink a regular coke since that's what my grandmother gave us when we were sick lol

Got hooked again, granted on Diet ones, but thought to myself, ehhh one or two a week won't kill me..........then it became ehhhh one a day won't kill me.........until it was just downing them every day.  Granted I drank a crap ton of water, more than the recommended 8 cups daily.  

As far as the last part of your post, you referring to the Cam stuff?  

Again, my apologies.  I wasn't trying to paint a bad picture of any of you in here.  I'm just going by my own experience.  I do enjoy a beer or mixed drink every once in a while.  I know that not all of you in here drink beer to prove "machismo".  That is just something I feel that my father projected to me while he was coming home drunk every night.

Doesn't bother me if a guy comes home from work and has a couple of beers.  I think the alcoholism comes when (like some said) you absolutely, must have that beer no matter what.  My father for the most part has stopped drinking/getting drunk.  He was hospitalized 7 years ago (age 65) and the doc told him if he didn't quit, he'd lose a foot, leg or his life.  He still drinks a beer every once in a while and I hate to even look at him drinking just one.  Every once in a blue moon, for some reason, he decides to tie one on.  He's 72 now and it hits him hard when he does it.

I would have loved to sit down with my dad and have a couple of beers with him over the years.  But that was never going to happen.  I wasn't going to enable him.

Anyway, sorry to rain on the parade.  I know my peeps in here aren't alcoholics and just like beer. There some good people here in the RTT. 

You had a horrible experience PJ, completely understand your take on alcohol.  My dad's father was an alcoholic, but my dad said he was always nice, fun, loving, etc.  He never yelled at them, hit them, etc.  Now his mom on the other hand, didn't drink a drop and could get mean.

Because of that, my uncle rarely drank, he'd be stocked up, but that was for visitors.  When I hung out with him, he would knock down a few with me chilling out at his house on the deck, or at a Panthers game he took me to, etc.  

I enjoy beer.  Hell, we went to Olde Meck. Brewery a few weeks ago, met up with some friends, let the kids run wild outside in the social area and I felt like a fat kid in a candy store lol.  Since Tazette, I've toned done a lot and cut back a lot though. 

I don't drink beer so no idea what my threshold is there. I don't drink a lot though. I can probably go through a bottle of wine before I start feeling it and depending on how fast I drink, about my 4-5th glass of Jack I feel pretty good. Of course that's mixed with soda or something. I never drink glasses straight so not sure there, if it's straight it's right out of the bottle so don't know.

Alcoholism seems to run in my family on my moms side. So never really been a huge drinker though I do get tore up from time to time with friends

I think one think I am addicted to, and I try to be very careful when it's around me is gambling. I'm going to Vegas two weeks from tomorrow. I'm making sure I have no access to my money except for what I need. Because I know I'd be in trouble if I did.

Fortunately, I didn't get hooked on Fan Duel and Draft Kings. I only spent like 15, won like 40 and quit lol

Archived