Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I am probably addicted to gambling too. I've thought I figured out baccarat about 6 different times in my life. Made some decent money too, lost quite a bit as well.

Id also add sweets to the list. Mostly milk chocolate. I eat alright normally but my mouth starts watering and I feel weak when I walk by the stand of Cadbury creme eggs and white chocolate Reese's eggs at Walmart now. I have to buy them and shove them down my throat as quickly as possible. Usually I can't even wait until I get home to eat them. If I happen by that way early I'll eat them before I even make it out of Walmart.

I think my diet is probably the worst of my vices/addictions. I love cooking and I love food. To put my own spin on a famous Superbad quote...

You know what kind of foods are terrible for your health and will mess up your body??

THE BEST KINDS!

The wife and I moved out of our first place together (Small 1 BR apartment in not the best neighborhood) this past weekend. We're in a townhouse now and it's just worlds above the old place in regards to space, noise, and comfort. Seeing the old place completely empty and stripped of all the things that made it our own was pretty surreal, but we both know it's for the best. I tell you what though, I hate moving. I hate it so, so much lol. I told my wife that I don't care if we have to start putting a dollar in a jar every day until the lease runs out to afford it, we're hiring movers next time. With packing, organizing the move, executing the move, and now unpacking, we're both exhausted. We're both at the point of just wanting it to be done so we can finally enjoy the place. Getting it in small doses, but still have a little ways to climb up that hill before we can take a breath and enjoy it.

I think my diet is probably the worst of my vices/addictions. I love cooking and I love food. To put my own spin on a famous Superbad quote...

You know what kind of foods are terrible for your health and will mess up your body??

THE BEST KINDS!

The wife and I moved out of our first place together (Small 1 BR apartment in not the best neighborhood) this past weekend. We're in a townhouse now and it's just worlds above the old place in regards to space, noise, and comfort. Seeing the old place completely empty and stripped of all the things that made it our own was pretty surreal, but we both know it's for the best. I tell you what though, I hate moving. I hate it so, so much lol. I told my wife that I don't care if we have to start putting a dollar in a jar every day until the lease runs out to afford it, we're hiring movers next time. With packing, organizing the move, executing the move, and now unpacking, we're both exhausted. We're both at the point of just wanting it to be done so we can finally enjoy the place. Getting it in small doses, but still have a little ways to climb up that hill before we can take a breath and enjoy it.

So you do eat foods shaped like......   :P  Love that movie dawg.

I hate moving too, only had to do it twice, once into our apartment when we got married and then again into our house that we are in now.  

I'd pack my stuff next time and hire movers to move it.  But we plan to be here for a long while thank goodness.

Amen, brother!  Moving from an apt to something else, can be a PAIN, but is generally doable.  Moving from a townhouse or a single family home to something else - just go ahead and get some movers.  We are in a townhouse too.  Moving into it, I just got some of my buddies to help get the stuff from the apt, and did the typical free dinner/beers.  

Hahaha, now, especially with Lil Enforcette, we have way too much **** - whenever we move next, we would have to hire professionals.  And honestly, being further along in our careers, can more afford to hire a company....

And Taze - congrats on kicking the soda habit!  I got rid of regular soda, but have still be doing diet sodas.  Just don't keep it in the house, which helps.  I will have at work sometimes or whatever.  But, will eventually get to where you're at!

I am absolutely addicted to sodas and energy drinks. Two of the worst things for your diet and health. I made a bet with my wife and my mom which involves either me getting a 65" 4K for my man cave or me spending massive amounts of money on something they want to do together(their women so it's no surprise they can't decide) if I drink any of those for a whole year.

I felt confident when we first made the bet, but a week in and I feel like I'm getting shakes like a crack fiend.

Amen, brother!  Moving from an apt to something else, can be a PAIN, but is generally doable.  Moving from a townhouse or a single family home to something else - just go ahead and get some movers.  We are in a townhouse too.  Moving into it, I just got some of my buddies to help get the stuff from the apt, and did the typical free dinner/beers.  

Hahaha, now, especially with Lil Enforcette, we have way too much **** - whenever we move next, we would have to hire professionals.  And honestly, being further along in our careers, can more afford to hire a company....

And Taze - congrats on kicking the soda habit!  I got rid of regular soda, but have still be doing diet sodas.  Just don't keep it in the house, which helps.  I will have at work sometimes or whatever.  But, will eventually get to where you're at!

Good work bro.  It makes it a lot easier when you don't have access to multiple free fountain drinks at work lol.  Still working on cutting out the caffeine free ones to, or at least down to one per day.  That's phase II of my plan.

I am absolutely addicted to sodas and energy drinks. Two of the worst things for your diet and health. I made a bet with my wife and my mom which involves either me getting a 65" 4K for my man cave or me spending massive amounts of money on something they want to do together(their women so it's no surprise they can't decide) if I drink any of those for a whole year.

I felt confident when we first made the bet, but a week in and I feel like I'm getting shakes like a crack fiend.

Yeah, you might want to renegotiate the start period on the bet, see if they would be sympathetic to weening yourself off first.  I never drank energy drinks, I had a red bull and jager once about 9 years ago and thought it was disgusting.  

But I did use to drink like five 12 oz diet cokes a day at work, sometimes six.  My suggestion is to substitute in caffeine free diet cokes with the regular ones.  Was a lot easier for me to do this working from home, but when I was in the office, I'd take in my diet rite zeros and just pour over a cup of ice.

So if you drink five per day, start off with 4 regular diet cokes and 1 caffeine free diet coke.  Week 2, drop it down to 3 diet cokes and 2 caffeine free ones.  Week 3, drop it down to 2 and either 2-3 caffeine free ones, or some tea.  Week four halfway through, drop it to 1 diet coke, then a couple of caffeine free ones, teas, water, etc.  

Week five your done, zero, just the caffeine free ones.  I had zero withdrawal symptoms weening.  No longer have the cravings for a diet coke with caffeine either.  Once you get it down to none, kicking/lowering the caffeine free ones will be a lot easier.

I had been lowering my intake and not really keeping track of it for a few weeks before I started my actual plan.  So in reality, it took me 4 weeks to kick the caffeine habit, I just decided to end it within two weeks, well two weeks ago.  I was at the point of drinking only around 3 per day for the past month prior.

Yeah, sweet drinks are my kryptonite. That's how I got so big... Well that and dropping out of school. I went from like 3 something to 512 in like 2 years. I think I told y'all I got as high as 560 (If I didn't now you know.) Can't believe I set myself up like that. I'm under 500 now, but I got a long way to go. Trying to get rid of this weight before I'm 30 for real man.

I drink one Coke Zero (7 oz) about every two weeks. When I buy the eight pack, it will last me a few months. But I've never been addicted or drank a lot of soda in my life. I always preferred water or Unsweet tea.

I can only drink coffee in the morning. I'm not addicted to the caffeine, because you can give me decaf. I just hate "cold" drinks in the morning. While I was sick, for about 4 days, I didn't drink any coffee. Just hot tea with lemon in the morning.

When I was still an alcoholic, I couldn't go a day without drinking. I'd usually have severe anxiety throughout the day at work until I got off, then I'd chug a pint of whiskey in about 90 seconds before going in the house.

Then I started drinking before work in the parking garage. If I went a day without alcohol I'd start getting extremely anxious and irritable. I resentedyour wife and parents for trying to control me (that's what my addict mind was telling me anyway). Wife breathalyzed me one time after driving 23 miles home, I blew a .29. :(

It took going to rehab, weekly therapy, and depression medication to get me out. Been sober for going on 3 years now, other than a few setbacks. Still need to hit an AA meeting everyou now and then, tho.

Addiction :(

I'm definitely an alcoholic. My parents are alcoholcs, but my brothers and sisters aren't. I got hit with that gene or something.

My mom is a raging alcoholic, dad is way more chill when he's sober or drunk. I am more like my dad, with a rage every blue moon. Been extremely good about the rage the past couple years.

I love beer. Not a machismo thing, it's a buzz and flavor thing. And I like to drink a lot, so I stick to beer instead of liquor. I drink liquor under 10 times a year.

I've gotten plited at jobs before, was caught and fired once for it. Restaurant job where we grilled in front of customers. It was always tradition to drink on the job, we just went too far with it that night. Straight Captain in our water bottles. Manager took 'em all, called us outside, fired all of us.

Luckily didn't get caught at the other job I'd drink at.

As far as caffeine, I'm addicted and I love it. I stopped with the coffee because it wasn't doing my teeth any favors. Now I stick to pills. Take one in the morning and split others in to quarters/halves for re-boosts later in the day. 100x faster than coffee, and better for the pearly whites.

I almost never drink soda, been that way for years. I carry around a gallon jug of water, and slam that about 3-4 times a day. If I want something with flavor, I'll drink beer.

Now, as far as addictions go, I can't believe how I just kicked weed out of the blue. I know it's not very chemically addictive, but bro I LOVE the stuff. I smoked some of my weed resin last night and Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I want a bag of pot so bad. My next couple weeks are going to be insane at work, I picked up several shifts. I'm off tomorrow and am contemplating right now whether or not to go to Colorado. 6 hour drive there, then back 6 hours.

I have been fine without the grass, but not floatin' like a butterfly like when I'm on it. It's like, is a 12 hour drive just to get a lil pot really sensible?

I'm going to take the next week off of drinking, too. Leaning towards staying home and just taking a puff of some resin every few days. :/

I'm addicted to sex.

Aren't we all?

Yeah, sweet drinks are my kryptonite. That's how I got so big... Well that and dropping out of school. I went from like 3 something to 512 in like 2 years. I think I told y'all I got as high as 560 (If I didn't now you know.) Can't believe I set myself up like that. I'm under 500 now, but I got a long way to go. Trying to get rid of this weight before I'm 30 for real man.

Didn't know that about your weight. Sounds like you've made a lot of progress so far. Keep working at it and you'll get where you want to be.

My family is pretty Irish, so yeah obviously we're going to like drinking. But with my family, they (my parents, older brother and older sister) know how to drink responsibly. My brother always says "we're not alcoholics. Alcoholics go to meetings". For the longest time, I've hated beer. My brother and sister both started drinking at like 16 or 17 (the age most highschoolers really start drinking). I drank Coke. Still do. Probably 3-4 cokes a day. Took me until about last month to actually like alcohol. Tried vodka in December and tried whiskey Saturday night. Alcohol can be good but in moderation, as is the case with most things (except drugs).

What type of whiskey did you try and did you like it

Not sure what kind it was. It was at a bar down the street from my sisters place in Brooklyn. The drink was Whiskey Sour (I'm guessing just whiskey poured into a glass?). The waitress made the 2nd glass a lottttt stronger cause my sister and her friends go to that bar a lot, so she's pretty friendly with them.

I'm not addicted to alcohol. I've probably had less than 10 drinks since new year. Don't even like drinking by myself. It's completely social and my wife, and best drinking buddy, is pregnant.

Quit cigarettes and once I actually decided I was quitting, it wasn't hard. Just needed to keep my idle time busy and my mind off of smoking mad jacks.

Quit weed years ago, I've explained that several times over on here.

I'm pretty straightedge to be honest. Just focusing on making this home and keeping a nice family.

When we buy a new house, I've decided I want a projector vs a 70" LCD. Just have to make sure I can control the light in the room.

I used to be addicted to marijuana but quit 5 or so years ago. Might puff a few times a year. Recently been addicted to gambling but have been able to resist for a couple months. Really want to bet the Super Bowl Broncos +6, that will be a test. Just got to remind myself how crappy it is to lose money. Boredom is my main trigger.

Archived