Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Alternative take:  while true that a clearance will be more difficult, having a good understanding of the culture and language of the world’s other economic superpower could open a lot of doors in other industries that don’t require a clearance. A lot of westerners have made a lot of money in China.  

Torts is the rare person that considers himself both very tough and also always the victim. It’s annoying, but also pretty entertaining at times. 

It's more annoying that you just called him "Torts".

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is Torts Italian for "PleaseBlitz"?

Thems jokes, PB.  We're overdue for beers, I'll let you know when I'm back in Nova.

Was just posting the same thing regarding overdue for beers.  I'm free all week, likely to be hungover on Wednesday.  

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If I could literally conjure up a name of a guy  that routinely gets his ass kicked in bar fights, it would be "Torts"

Unreal

And it's especially funny coming from a lawyer! 🤓

Remember when he was with the Lightning, got pissed during a Thrashers game, yelled all red-faced at Bob Hartley, and Bob yelled back, "Ya wanna go?"

Nobody went. But it was hilarious. :806:

On 12/30/2019 at 10:36 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

If I could literally conjure up a name of a guy  that routinely gets his ass kicked in bar fights, it would be "Torts"

I give you "Tad" and "Chip"

4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What’s up with claymation? I mean, what’s up with it?

satan

In honor of my year of ups and downs, I think I'm going to play a lot of high-low poker with the family tonight.

Anyone ever play that? It's a freaking blast. We never play Texas holdem, it's just too quick of a game. We have a ton of complex poker games we play where there are roughly 5 to 15 rounds of betting each game.

High-low is when some people try to get the best poker hand, and some try to get the worst --- A, 2, 3, 4, 6.  You can declare the ace a 1.  You count the last two cards backwards.  So said "perfect Low" is "64".  The second to best low hand is A, 2, 3, 5, 6 - "65"....then A, 2, 3, 4, 7 - "74"...and so on.

You declare which way you are going before the last betting round.  Sometimes people sense that nobody is going high, or nobody is going low - so you declare hoping you're the only one.  You automatically win half the pot if that is the case.  Insanely fun.

Happy New Decade RTT!

25 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:
[Skeletor Tweet}

Have a good one friends. 

Hail. 

I'd post a music video in response, but since that is apparently not allowed, I'll just link to where it has been posted previously:

Showed my dad Rush playing Xanadu live from their Exit Stage Left performance in '81, then their live performance of La Villa Strangiato at the Pinkpop festival in '79.  He was totally blown away.

MAN that s*** walloped on his sound system.  I've never seen those on a big screen either.  Neil Peart doesn't get enough credit for how hard he hits the drums.  Good LORD!

Tonight I found out I passed my state education exams, so I'm going to be a certified teacher next month! 

This entire process has taken so long and been such a financial burden on my family that I'm truthfully prouder of this credential than my BA or MA. 

Archived