Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Why that’s just being a dick. They will admit a real burger tastes better but that’s besides the point. You know who else is a dick? People who ask me how many sets I have left and when I offer them to work in they say no and then look all mad while I’m lifting. Hoe not my fault, I offered. 

Little do they know you ate a double decker roid sandwich earlier in the day. Ready go hulk smash on their gump asses

So last night i went to my wife's holiday party. The theme was "Rock and Roll".
These are all financial advisers, all very buttoned down people.. most wore 50s stylings, pegged jeans, hairdos, etc. (I wore a Stones T shirt.)
My wife is VERY conservative in her dress and manner at work.
She showed up like this, and was the hit of the party.
79713605_10157682744665275_2324500841068

we had a lot of fun

~Bang

@d0ublestr0ker0ll

i might have to go through my stuff and sse if i can find a pic of my first full serious kit....it turned out to be the most beautiful i ever had

i was about 17 when i got it, i had dropped out of jr high school 13 and had been working at my uncle's body/mechanic auto shop for $50 a month (very big money back then for a 13 y.o.) and had been playing on a mish-mash of stuff...i mainly saved for a car---and got a '63 2-dr valiant convertible (yeah, in anchorage lol) with 3-sp shifter-on-the-column, white with red interior, at 16---but i also saved $700 (again, a lot of money at the time) to go to a real drum set

so  i bought an  all zildjian/pearl set with dual riding toms (even name brand cowbell and woodblock v homemade) but the big deal was the amazing "tiger-stripe" finish which wasn't orange and black or yellow and black, like i usually saw,  but a real pretty gold and black and more swirly than just stripey...just gorgeous...i will try to find and copy an old pic, understanding that all this may be of zero interest to anyone :P

@Bang

that is so aweosme in every way and i say that as not even being a kiss fan (not a hater either)---you need to make sure tk sees that pic :)

in the past when you've talked about your mate i've always thought "that would be a really fun couple to know"

29 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@Bang

that is so aweosme in every way and i say that as not even being a kiss fan (not a hater either)---you need to make sure tk sees that pic :)

in the past when you've talked about your mate i've always thought "that would be a really fun couple to know"

She couldn't name a Kiss song if you bet her.  She really hasn't got an ear for music, never got into it. Occasionally i will hear her listening to traditional Chinese music on her computer, but overall she has no idea. Even songs she hears me playing a hundred times around the house never stick with her. When she said she wanted to do this, I was surprised myself. She asked me if she knew any Kiss songs that I might play around the house, so I played her the five or so I keep in my  main playlists, and she couldn't place any of them.
I did her makeup, but had to teach her how to make that face.  She kept closing her eyes and raising her eyebrows way up, looking like a fish trying to sleep:D

But she does have  great fun streak, and this is where that came from.

And if you do get out to the DC area, for sure give me a shout, we'd be glad to!

~Bang

The Alexa Sam Jackson option costs .99 ... and isn't worth it.  You can't just replace the Alexa voice; you have to preface everything with "Alexa, ask Sam" But what's truly lame is that even with the explicit option, it's not explicit. It's not even edgy. I was hoping for a Samuel Jackson character to occasionally insult and swear at me, but it's just a boringly polite Samuel Jackson saying whatever Alexa would have said.

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

Soooooo...

What's the best way to get out of jury duty?

I got out because I had literally moved to another county (from Charles County to Montgomery County).

Unless you are in LE/Medicine I dont really think you can, and if there is a chance, I really wouldn't **** around lol.

@Jumbo I've been such a spender of money all the way up until, hell, 6 months ago? Stupid s***, like craft beer and grocery shopping when I'm starving.  Looking like I'm stocking my beer shop feeding my family of 8.

I dropped thousands of dollars on drums, hardware, and cymbals in my teens and early 20s.  My dumbass HAD to get the same cymbals my favorite drummers had.  $200 - $400 range.  Turns out having cymbals from different brands, for different styles A) Don't sound right together B ) Won't get you endorsements.

*Slaps self on back of head*

Still have fun playing on them though. Thought I was going to be the best drummer ever.  I mean hell, I mastered drum parts that other people created!

That creating s***, though.  That's a toughy.

Here's a pic of my Tama Starclassic next to my old Pearl Export.  Not enough hardware to put all my cymbals up that could pay for a Ferrari.  Turns out low quality hardware breaks easier than doc's ankles.

12244611_10156208065320290_4358274179895303880_o.thumb.jpg.116e93e9acf1cbdf9c490608a20353e4.jpg

Archived