Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

5 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

James Brown was very stringent on his band members. No mistakes were allowed. The transitions always had to be smooth, and you needed to learn them quickly. Obviously, he would change them from performance to performance.  Legend.

Dude used plenty o psychological mind games as well on the Pacemakers according to Bootsy Collins. Definitely a legend. 

"He treated me like a son. And being out of a fatherless home, I needed that father figure and he really played up to it. I mean, Good Lord. Every night after we played a show, he called us back to give us a lecture about how horrible we sounded. [Affects James Brown voice] “Nah, not on it, son. I didn’t hear the one. You didn’t give me the one.” He would tell me this at every show. One night, we knew we wasn’t sounding really good – we were off – and he calls us back there and said, “Uh huh, now that’s what I’m talkin’ about. Y’all was on it tonight. Y’all hit the one.” My brother and I looked at each other like, “This mother has got to be crazy.” We knew in our heart and soul that we wasn’t all that on that show. So then I started figuring out his game, man. By telling me that I wasn’t on it, he made me practice harder. So I just absorbed what he said and used it in a positive way."

14 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Good stuff but I'm pretty sure Ricky Gervais has been a woke dude who likes to tell others how they should be for awhile now, too.

And James Brown...man, if you can't feel good (no pun intended) listening to his music, there's no helping you.  None.  You have no soul.   Many a time have I been having a ****ty day and put his music on in order to get my foot tapping the floor and a little pep in my step.  

It's not his most uptempo song but I've always liked this one:

<mod edit music video, yet again, for ****'s sake....deepest apologies to the great james brown>

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Can a thread be un-archived? @Jumbo started one years ago for gifs, pics, and cartoons (I remember "no own3d" was in the title). I've searched & can't find it. 

i will see if i can get it for you a little later :)

• Jumbo locked this topic

i love james brown :)

how many times in recent weeks was "no music videos" posted by a mod and edits made, and yet, in kindness, no penalties were given and the thread left open?

when it happens, how many regs in here respond to it with "hey, you better go edit that so the thread doesn't get closed"?

so our beloved spiiff and try the beal just post 'em back to back and share "likes"---zero excuse

i am against closing this great thread or even temp banning great members for these kind of ****ups (tk may differ)

so maybe in the next day or two we'll try another idea i have or we'll just go with the temp bans from now on

i certainly do not enjoy applying my es time to this kind of stuff, repeatedly :)

• Jumbo unlocked this topic
3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Gahhhh!  My bad...I thought it was a gifs/quoting pics issue.

No more funky YouTube links from me.  Cross my heart!

you make it such a challenge to love you unconditionally

if only you had spiff's hair

44 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i love james brown :)

how many times in recent weeks was "no music videos" posted by a mod and edits made, and yet, in kindness, no penalties were given and the thread left open?

when it happens, how many regs in here respond to it with "hey, you better go edit that so the thread doesn't get closed"?

so our beloved spiiff and try the beal just post 'em back to back and share "likes"---zero excuse

i am against closing this great thread or even temp banning great members for these kind of ****ups (tk may differ)

so maybe in the next day or two we'll try another idea i have or we'll just go with the temp bans from now on

i certainly do not enjoy applying my es time to this kind of stuff, repeatedly :)

Apologies, I haven't been on much lately.  Won't happen again.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Apologies, I haven't been on much lately.  Won't happen again.

so my "zero excuse" hardass-line is now shot to hell as that excuse is at least above the zero mark

thanks for ruining my moment

Archived