Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

39 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yep, that's it. 

Can we get it back somehow? I think it would alleviate some pressure. :cheers:

i wondered if that's why ya asked--you're a thoughtful person 

--edit---sorry, working on that thread to revive it--

wish something that seems pretty simple wasn't so...pressurizing...(i mean not posting music vids etc)

ok rtt'ers

wasn't gonna do it this way, but i'll solicit your feedback right here in the thread---i'm thinking of rebooting the thread like we do with long-runners sometimes---start with same title/rules, but from scratch, and with an op that specifically states things not to do and put "read the op for thread rules" right in the title

something like this:

check that your post isn't one better placed in an existing thread

no religion

no politics

no football (or other sports in extended exchanges)

no music videos

limit gifs/pics---self-police---if you see three or four already on a page, try to just use your words :)

we have existing thread--in some cases several---dedicated to all the above

so the thread would be titled ala "random thought thread---read thread rules in the op" and start from post #1

if you think that idea might be helpful, like this post, if ya don't like the idea, use the sad smiley (i'd take zero umbrage)  but don't comment on it in the thread...if you have a different idea, post it in the feedback forum and i'll leave that thread open for other comments and will do nothing here for a few days at least :)

ty

How is bursitis treated?
  • Rest the affected area. Avoid any activity or direct pressure that may cause pain.
  • Apply ice or cold packs as soon as you notice pain in your muscles or near a joint. ...
  • Use pain relievers. ...
  • Do range-of-motion exercises each day. ...
  • Avoid tobacco smoke.

So I guess working like a dog and drinking heavily is almost halfway there?

Man, I got bursitis in my throwing shoulder at the worst possible time - baseball tournament in 1996 when we were undefeated. We still pulled it off. A couple of scares though, when I could have been on the mound.  I was still able to play first base, and throw submarine without pain. Swinging didn't bother me either. Just raising my hand above my shoulder though, killed.

30 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yeah, this one really stings.  

12YO me spent many, many hours playing along to that Permanent Waves/Moving Pictures/Signals trilogy.

I was around 14 when I was recommended by an internet chess buddy of mine to download Tom Sawyer, since I was an aspiring drummer.  Changed my life.

I listened to 2112, Cygnus X-1 and Xanadu last night. For like the 10th time the past couple months.  ****ing A.  Now is a time I think I need to go on the journey of listening to every song in order.  Even Rutsey will get the love because the first album without Peart is actually bluesy af.

Damn man.  Damn.

Archived