Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Buccaneers Prediction Thread: Is This The Countdown To Meltdown?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle in Tampa Bay?

• Washington Redskins
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • The extremely unlikely chance of a tie

When: November 11th  1:00 p.m. noon central

Where: Raymond James Stadium Tampa florida

Waking up today, I felt blah; obviously the time change didn't do me much good. So, to wake me up I usually play a tune from the 80's [ you know, back when they actually made music ] and, low and behold, Planet P Project " Why Me " came on. Great tune and fitting for fans after watching a systematic offense rip the defense up.

So, 'why me?

There must be a dozen other teams,

with visions of the postseason drifting in their dreams,

I'm disappointed,

test my loyalty,

stop letting me down and just win one for me,

why me..

Ok, that's not the lyrics but it does fit.

This Sunday the battered and bruised Redskins travel to the sunshine state to take on the Tampa Bay buccaneers, another 3-5 team.

Overall the Redskins and Buccaneers are knotted up at 11-11 in head-to-head, with the Redskins winning the last 3 of 5, win one, lose one, win one, etc.

This past sunday the Bucs fell to the Carolina Panthers 42-28 after making a nice comeback after falling behind early in the game [ sound familiar? I didn't think so ]. Jameis Winston has more than likely seen his last days on the Bucs starting lineup and more than likely will be traded or released at the end of the season. [ don't you dare even think about it Allen, you sidewinding scallywag ]. Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the starter for the likely future, at least this season. Cam Newton had a good game as well as McCaffrey, carving up the Bucs secondary.

The Bucs defense isn't anything to write home about, they're ranked near or at the bottom on every stat, EXCEPT rushing defense, where they're ranked 15th.

Offensively, its another story.

rushing rank 30th

total yds 2nd

points 7th

pass yds 1st.

The Redskins on the other hand, had no chance whatsoever against a rested and ready Falcons team. The usually good Redskin defense was gashed by Matt Ryan's arm and shared in the glory with his RB Coleman, throwing 2 TD passes to him to add to his 88 yd performance. Before the fans had a chance to get settled in their seats, the Falcons drove down the field in a dominating style, churning up chunks of yardage and went up 7-0 early. The Redskin defense, though stunned a bit at first, settled in and tried slowing down the high octane offense, but when they stopped one leak, two more popped open. The newly acquired Clinton Dix was pretty much a non-factor in the game,

Offensively, the Redskins were offensive. Alex Smith struggled to hit open receivers, and when he did they bounced off of their chests. Adrian Peterson was shut down, again, by a stingy Falcons defense, and no running game could be generated, but by halftime it was apparent the running game would be abandoned.

At times I watched the Falcons d-line shift a certain direction, as if they knew what was coming, and sure enough they were right. Maybe they watched game film and recognized formations, who knows, but bottom line is they stopped any rushing attempts. Smith's passes were all over the place, and at times he looked lost. One glimmer of hope was when he was nearly sacked by 3 different linemen but broke free and ran down the sidelines for a nice chunk of yardage, which led to a TD, but at that point the o-line had lost 2 or 3 players, and fans knew this wasn't a good sign.

So, this sunday, the battered Redskins will line up against the Bucs. I don't think losing to the Falcons would have been a shock to the fans, but it was HOW they lost. Now the defense has to go up against Fitzpatrick, or Fitzmagic, as he's referred to as, and an old friend, DeSean Jackson, who is having a good year, as well as Mike Evans, a young WR from my hometown of Galveston Texas.

The defense will have their work cut out for them, but its the offense, or lack thereof, that's worrying fans. Only 1 time this year they've put up more than 30 points in a game, and they're gonna need a lot more than what they're averaging if they want a chance to beat Tampa. AP cannot carry this team, Smith has proven he can't, and Gruden can't seem to find a way to put together a second half worth watching.

What to expect. Expect to see more of the same. Smith is doubtful to change as well as Gruden's ability to scheme, so it will be the defense carrying the torch, but in Tampa, with the Gulf of Mexico close by, that flame may be doused early. This may be the game where we actually see some bickering on the sidelines, as I'm sure players are not liking the way the coaching staff has game planned, and the game could get out of hand very early. Fitzpatrick is going to throw deep and often, and DJax will want to prove that he was worth the money. Even on paper the match-up doesn't look good.

When the dust settles and the ship sails fill,

the Redskins defense gives them chances but the offense just can't seem to function.

Final score:

Redskins 20

Buccaneers 34

First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap and a few other goodies.

Good luck and as always,   G  O    S  K  I  N  S !

The Bucs have always come off as under achievers to me. Logic says the Bucs win this, but I have a feeling our D steps up takes advantage of Fitzpatrick, who has always been boom and bust. Hopefully Clinton Dix will be more in sync than he was with 3 days of practice.

Redskins fight for an emotional win, maybe one of our last this season.

Final score:

Redskins 17

Buccaneers 14

For the last several weeks, I've been trying to post the opposite of what I want to see, in hopes it would help. It worked for a bit (or, realistically, I was lucky)

Then Sunday happened. Now, I'm back to feeling very uninspired by the teams future for this season. So this week, I'm being serious. Although it's going to sound like every other week up to this point. :kickcan:

"Well, Sunday we got steam rolled by a Falcons team that had a crappy defense and a explosive offense.

Steamrolled, as in loosing by 24 points, was out of the game by the beginning of the 2nd quarter, and adding injury to insult, we lost our 2 starting Guards and our most productive WR for the season.

This week, we're going up against a even more explosive offense. They are first in passing yards and 2nd in TD's

We're gonna get raw dogged in this one. Fitzmagic is gonna go all White Wizard on us and make us look like a Balrog. This is the beginning of the end to any hope the team has of a winning record. top 10 pick, here we come.

Bucs - 48

'Skins - 6

Hopkins wins the Kia MVP award. Because somebody has to."

Our problem, as we know, are teams that have offenses that can score points.  And the Bucs are one of those teams.  They have lost many games at the end.  One example was against the Falcons, in which they scored 29 points and lost by 5.  They are going to score between 28-34 points because that is what they do.  Why would that change against us? And Fitmagic will be "on"  as DJax blows past our secondary laughing his ass off.  

This gets ugly early unless our D-line gets pressure on Fitz and we can run the ball.  Given the unknown composition of our O line, I think we are in big trouble, as there will be no decent blocking upfront. If you thought Smith was off target in other games, watch Mr. Happy Feet in this game.  We did not pick up elite O line players off waivers. We are patching the O line.....again.  

We are going to lose.   We cannot shutdown their offense because no team has and we cannot and will not match in terms of scoring.  And that is going to be the story of this game.  

34-16 Bucs

This is a team we should be able to hang with, for sure.  

We'll see what this team is made of come Sunday.  Injuries to Lauvao, PRichy and Scherff, it's going to be hard.  Our o-line is severely depleted.

Either the Skins come out, hit em in the mouth and take control with heavy doses of AP, or it's a typical game where they just let the Bucs hang around and lose in a heartbreaker, quickening the slide back to .500.

I can't find a gif of Teddy KGB doing the "hanging around" bit, but this one will do:

tenor.gif?itemid=3561398

Bucs 28

Skins 24

Archived