Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post: Redskins Have Built A Less Glitzy Roster

samy316

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-have-built-a-less-glitzy-roster-leaving-fans-without-a-thing-to-wear/2018/09/04/679e1e12-b06b-11e8-a20b-5f4f84429666_story.html?utm_term=.a94ea2281125

Interesting article from the post today about Redskins’ fans apprehension with the current team, and the team’s place among Jersey sales in the NFL.  We have no players in the top 25 of NFL jersey sales.

Have any of you bought a jersey recently?  The last one I got was Darrel Green, but the last current player jersey I bought was Jordan Reed.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm 30... Last one was when I was 3 years old. Maybe they'll win a couple playoff games before I die :)

Snyder needs to come to terms with the fact that he is the worst leader in pro sports.  Take away all the agendas, the politics, the noise... the record speaks for itself

What is amazing is that anyone still cares.  Thats what the wp should write a story on

The RG3 fiasco killed a lot of hype for this team. Yes it was a slow build up through coaching carousels, terrible free agents, bad drafting, aging roster of D-level talent over the years but even through all that, there was always some sort of hype.

The moment RG3 went down things went with it quick. Even the Kirk lead playoff run felt dead. Smart fans knew it was a farce. The divison was weak, our team wasn’t that good and lots of people knew it wasn’t sustainable.

Fast forward 2 years later and our record got worse each subsequent year while injuries kept mounting. Despite the little hope fans have, in the back of your mind, you could clearly see the talent still isn’t there. While a rebuild takes a couple years for seasoned teams, for us it takes an eternity.

What jerseys should we buy? Some of the players are good, none are great. We don’t even know if a player will be around for that matter. Not to mention, its all for a 7 to 9 win team playing in an ugly stadium for an owner who is very unlikable.

All my current jerseys are unwearable, throwback RGIII with stitching ($300), Orakpo...gone...could wear my Cooley jersey I suppose.  My friend went the old route and got a Ken Houston, thought that was cool, don't see many if any of those.  I might go throwback and get 33 on it, can't change history.  In this day and age of free agency, they really need to make a jersey where the name plate can be pulled off and replaced, only have to order the name plate to make the jersey viable again.

With the increased focus on the draft in recent years the idea is the glitz is yet to be determined. In years past we have brought in overpriced fancy players AFTER their breakout seasons. We could very well have some year 2 and year 3 players that ball out this year. In fact we need it! We seem to have a collection of average to pretty good players. We need a few impact players to emerge.

3 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

I used to have a Cousins jersey, but it tended to unravel during high pressure situations.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I got a Reed Jersey but can't find it when I need it. 

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I got a guice jersey but tore a big hole in it taking it out of the package. 

I got a Garçon Jersey, but it’s damn abrasive.

On a more serious note, I have two thoughts on this article.

1.  Apathy.  Never has this team had so much apathy from the fan base.  Even us die hards are finding it difficult to get into the team until we see more, I believe.

2.  This is LAZY journalism.  Clearly no one you talked to for the article was an ACTUAL fan.  Not knowing a single player other than AP and Alex!?!?!  Pathetic journalistic work.

Hail.

5 hours ago, samy316 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-have-built-a-less-glitzy-roster-leaving-fans-without-a-thing-to-wear/2018/09/04/679e1e12-b06b-11e8-a20b-5f4f84429666_story.html?utm_term=.a94ea2281125

Interesting article from the post today about Redskins’ fans apprehension with the current team, and the team’s place among Jersey sales in the NFL.  We have no players in the top 25 of NFL jersey sales.

Have any of you bought a jersey recently?  The last one I got was Darrel Green, but the last current player jersey I bought was Jordan Reed.

An article that you can find in BHRBN as it was there first :P

One reminder for everyone, when dealing with the Post and their 5 articles a week max, I strongly suggest you to navigate in private.

2 hours ago, zoony said:

Snyder needs to come to terms with the fact that he is the worst leader in pro sports.  Take away all the agendas, the politics, the noise... the record speaks for itself

What is amazing is that anyone still cares.  Thats what the wp should write a story on

It's weird. I remember the Superbowls as I was young. I actually don't really care much. I think it's the final embers unfortunately but I put the blame 100% at Snyder. An absolutely abysmal owner. He has made mistake after mistake. We're in mediocrity and event then he still is making a mess of it. We will never ever win a SB with the guy in charge. I would be amazed if we ever won a play off game with him in charge.

I'm absolutely astonished that there is no concerted effort to get him out.

I’m jaded. I care but I’m not really excited about the Skins as much as football in general. 

The Skins are horridly run organization and no matter what is spun, still considered a joke around the league. Until that changes, there will be malaise in this town...especially with two competent other franchises in the area, including a champion. 

The fact that my email is spammed a million times a day with them begging ppl to come to the home opener is all you need to know. 

The Skins haven’t been cool in years now. 

30 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I speak for only myself, but after a certain age, I just don't feel like buying or wearing a team jersey. Too lazy to get up and go to a game either. Big TV, a fridge full of booze, and a bathroom 10 steps away. 

? 

Yeah, once I hit 30 I had no desire to get a jersey.  Thought about an RG3 jersey but never got one.  I'd rather have a really nice hoodie or tshirt or something.  If I went the jersey route, I'd get a Sean Taylor or Darrell Green or Doug Williams or someone classic.  For years I've been reading people on here whining about the jerseys they purchase and how the players are no longer good or on the team or both.  Don't want that problem?  Don't buy a current player jersey, it's most likely not going to work out.

Archived