Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

26 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

If we get him can we immediately start mispronouncing his name Juice. Cause it would be cool.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9E6A_DrTltlHdpeq74OW

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUqInQTNS83ypHkPP9HVd

Do you know what happens when you do him like Boonell or MalComb? Do you???

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfH60qcKdsUmKcCVKz-Vr

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwHbosiMDf_XMI_mZbw6r

You just made The List!

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

I think Skins will find a way to get into the 3rd round today buy using one of their 5ths and next year's 3rd.  

I could live with that.  They need to get in that third round, if possible, then focus on getting their OG and RB (regardless of order) with those picks.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Jordan SchultzVerified account @Schultz_Report
FollowFollow @Schultz_Report
More

The Dallas #Cowboys plan to select #SMU WR Courtland Sutton today, per source. Dallas is currently scheduled to pick 50th in the 2nd round.

Hopefully someone else takes him and torpedos their plan if they are indeed targeting that guy. I think they'll go for one of the tight ends available tho.

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

MLB may not be a glaring need, but Jefferson is an incredible talent that could thrive behind our new DL.

He's a great athlete but not a great player.  He doesn't see the field well and he plays passive.  He's not a McCloughan-style "football player."  Maybe he can make it as a chase and hit linebacker due to his footspeed, but I just don't think he has the instincts and power to play in the stack in our scheme.

Rotoworld claims they had the most accurate first round.  Here's their 2nd round.  Obviously they are off about Rosen being the last pick in the 2nd.

Harrison in the 2nd round?  Are we the new Ravens -- all Alabama. :ols:   I like Harrison but I don't want him at 44.   Unlike James, Harrison to me is a pure strong safety without the swiss army knife qualites of James.

If the choices at 44 are the ones they lay out for here I'd go:

1. Chubb

2. Hurst if his medicals check out

3. Justin Reid

4. Anthony Miller -- who isn't on that list

5. DJ Chark

6. Harrison Phillips

Maybe J. Daniels, I got to watch him more. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/79549/61/silvas-second-round-mock?sf187982497=1

Rotoworld Football produced the most accurate mock draft of the 2018 offseason and also blurbed every player selected. This is your one-stop shop for NFL draft coverage. 

33. Browns -- Harold Landry – Ideal outside-edge rusher bookend to Myles Garrett. 
34. Giants -- Will Hernandez – Mauler guard shores up weak NYG interior O-Line. 
35. Browns -- Brian O’Neill – Pitt left tackle steps in for HOF tackle Joe Thomas. 
36. Colts -- Derrius Guice – Colts land their feature back at top of round two. 
37. Colts -- Josh Jackson – Zone corner addresses Colts biggest need on roster. 
38. Bucs -- James Daniels – Iowa center shores up weak Buccaneers interior OL. 
39. Bears -- Connor Williams – Fills weakness on interior Bears offensive line. 
40. Broncos -- Isaiah Oliver – Man-coverage cornerback replaces Aqib Talib. 
41. Raiders -- Lorenzo Carter – Versatile pass rusher with sideline-to-sideline range. 
42. Dolphins -- Harrison Phillips – Big body interior DL helps replace Ndamukong Suh. 
43. Patriots -- 
Sam Hubbard -- High-floor DE dominated Big Ten with non-stop motor. 
44. Redskins -- Ronnie Harrison – Alabama strong safety sets tone in Skins secondary. 
45. Packers -- Justin Reid – Stanford S w/ elite measurables replaces Morgan Burnett. 
46. Bengals -- Mike Gesicki – Penn State with basketball background/elite athleticism. 
47. Cardinals -- Austin Corbett – Immediate G/C starter for weak ARZ offensive line. 
48. Chargers -- Nathan Shepherd – Huge DL athlete offers upside as inside disruptor. 
49. Colts -- Donte Jackson – LSU burner ran 4.32 at Combine, 4.31 at LSU Pro Day. 
50. Cowboys -- Courtland Sutton – Big alpha receiver to help replace Dez Bryant. 
51. Lions -- Uchenna Nwosu – Havoc wrecker off edge for struggling Lions D-Line. 
52. Eagles -- Nick Chubb – Best first- and second-down runner in this draft class. 
53. Bucs -- Jessie Bates – Natural playmaker strong safety with centerfield range. 
54. Chiefs -- Harrison Phillips – Stanford defensive tackle solidifies Chiefs run D. 
55. Panthers -- Braden Smith – Auburn offensive linemen born to block somebody. 
56. Bucs -- Justin Reid – Great athlete with ballhawking skills in middle of field. 
57. Titans -- Rasheem Green – If head on straight, the next Michael Bennett. 
58. Falcons -- Calvin Ridley – Runs great routes & gets open. Commands targets. 
59. 49ers --Maurice Hurst – Best DT in draft carries concerns due to Jurst’s heart. 
60. Steelers -- Mason Rudolph – Most aggressive downfield passer in the draft. 
61. Jaguars -- D.J. Chark – LSU long-speed burner can take lid off enemy defenses. 
62. Vikings -- Josh Rosen -- Spoke about every flaw in interview process.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rotoworld claims they had the most accurate first round.  Here's their 2nd round.  Obviously they are off about Rosen being the last pick in the 2nd.

42. Dolphins -- Harrison Phillips – Big body interior DL helps replace Ndamukong Suh. 

54. Chiefs -- Harrison Phillips – Stanford defensive tackle solidifies Chiefs run D. 

45. Packers -- Justin Reid – Stanford S w/ elite measurables replaces Morgan Burnett. 

56. Bucs -- Justin Reid – Great athlete with ballhawking skills in middle of field. 

58. Falcons -- Calvin Ridley – Runs great routes & gets open. Commands targets. 

They are also really high on Harrison Phillips and Justin Reid...dudes must be more versatile than Nile Paul! 

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

MLB may not be a glaring need, but Jefferson is an incredible talent that could thrive behind our new DL.

He's a great athlete but not a great player.  He doesn't see the field well and he plays passive.  He's not a McCloughan-style "football player."  Maybe he can make it as a chase and hit linebacker due to his footspeed, but I just don't think he has the instincts and power to play in the stack in our scheme.  I think I would pass on him.  I suspect he would have a hard time winning over the coaching staff and getting on the field unless he became a much smarter and more aggressive player.

2 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

They are also really high on Harrison Phillips...dude must be more versatile than Nile Paul! 

LOL.  That would be cool if players can share a pick.  8 games for one team, 8 games another?

Here's Brugler's 2nd round mock for those interested.

https://www.themaven.net/nfldraftscout/mocks/brugler-second-round-mock-draft-o8bE-f7LL0mZLT5tbTX6GQ/?full=1

3 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Why no love for Christian Kirk? 

I like him, especially with Alex Smith.  More of a slot guy though so not sure how he flows with Crowder.  But he can return kicks and take a screen to the house.  I like Anthony Miller and Chark maybe a little more but Kirk is right up there with me.

Having said that, we got Tandler, Finlay, Phillips and Cooley all saying they have a feeling this is a need based as opposed to BPA driven draft.  Will see.  But if that's the case I doubt they look WR.

Though you can argue getting a good returner is a need -- Kirk would be great in that regard.  Pettis if he drops to the 4th, ditto. 

Just now, mistertim said:

IMO Harrison Phillips is the best NT in this draft.

I love Phillips, too.  Beat guys don't think they double down on D line tonight.     I haven't really looked at M. Hurst so I haven't generated my own opinion on him but if you listen to PFF or Football Outsiders -- the dude is a 3 technique beast.   Not sure about his medical though. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There was a lot of smoke around Payne before the draft so that didn't end up being a smokescreen.  The only smoke screen was that they liked D. James better -- and some still think they do even after this pick.  But who knows.   

Of the 2nd round guys, the most smoke I can think of is:

Guice, Ronald Jones, Josh Jackson.  Some on Crosby (though I think 44 is rich for him) and Anthony Miller

It's ironic, I telegraphed BEFORE it went down my worst case scenario at QB which was to trade a pick for a veteran.  That's exactly what they did.  I laid out BEFORE the draft my worst case scenario for the draft would be Payne taken right at 13 -- I could live with Payne in a trade down.  They did that, too.  Heck last fall my top worry was Barkley would go to the Giants.  That happened, too. So I got some reverse karma cooking. 

As a Cowboy fan, I would appreciate it if you added the Cowboys getting a Witten clone in the draft today as another worst case scenario.  You know, someone who will make 11 pro bowls for them.  He doesn't have to break Witten's franchise records for receptions or yards.  I'm not greedy.  It would be fine if he just ties them.

44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I love Phillips, too.  Beat guys don't think they double down on D line tonight.     I haven't really looked at M. Hurst so I haven't generated my own opinion on him but if you listen to PFF or Football Outsiders -- the dude is a 3 technique beast.   Not sure about his medical though. 

I wouldnt be mad AT ALL if they took Hurst at 44. He is by far the best 3 tech in this draft. Rotating him in on passing downs as a rookie might be too enticing to pass up. And by taking him we would be set at the DL for the next 5 seasons.

I wouldn't mind getting guard AND running back tonight.  If things progress so that we feel like we don't have to move up for the running back, then I wouldn't mind trading up into the third round to take a guard/center.  We should have plenty of picks next year, and our depth is beginning to look ok at the majority of positions outside of safety.  

31 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I wouldnt be mad AT ALL if they took Hurst at 44. He is by far the best 3 tech in this draft. Rotating him in on passing downs as a rookie might be too enticing to pass up. And by taking him we would be set at the DL for the next 5 seasons.

Agree. I was just looking at Finlay's article, he made the same point.

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/o-line-cornerback-rb-plenty-great-options-redskins-second-round

Lastly, if Harold Landry or Maurice Hurst make it to 44, the Redskins should sprint to the podium. No team can ever have enough pass rush, and while Landry is an edge guy and Hurst an interior disruptor, either would be a high-value pick.

...Iowa CB Josh Jackson - Redskins scouts love Jackson, who proved to be a playmaker in the Big Ten with eight interceptions in 2018. He's a long, athletic corner that could probably step in and play right away in Washington, and maybe start opposite Josh Norman. 

• ...USC RB Ronald Jones - Fans might scream about LSU RB Derrius Guice, but members of the Redskins coaching staff have serious questions about the LSU running back's maturity. With Jones, there are few questions and breakaway ability on every play. Jones excels at pushing the edge of the outside zone, allowing offensive linemen to get moving downhill, before hitting a cutback and accelarating. 
  •  
  • ...Iowa C James Daniels - Yes, the Redskins like Chase Roullier as their center, but Daniels would be an upgrade in the middle, and the team could slide Roullier to left guard. Whereever Daniels goes in Round 2, the team that drafts him will undoubtedly say he had a first-round grade. Lock of the century.

Archived