Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: In survey, Redskins ask fans for their level of confidence in team’s executives

Boss_Hogg

Fan Confidence Survey (Scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being “Not at all satisfied” and 10 being “Extremely satisfied”)  

278 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with the direction the team is heading in (i.e. your long-term outlook, 2-3 years)?

2. 2. Confidence in team executives

3. 3. The team’s overall vision/strategy

4. 4. Team performance in 2017

5. 5. How would you rate the communication from the team

6. 6. How would you rate the direction the team is headed

7. 7. Sense that you are valued by the organization

8. 8. Customer service

The Washington Redskins’ front office generally declines to comment on the state of the team’s roster during the season. And Coach Jay Gruden conducts his self-evaluation and a review of the coaching staff at season’s end.

But that’s not stopping the Redskins from soliciting fans’ views — or, at least, the views of select season-ticket-holders — on its executives and on-field performance with two games remaining.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/12/21/in-survey-redskins-ask-fans-for-their-level-of-confidence-in-teams-executives/?utm_term=.9490b4dbf856

(to avoid the Post $ wall, right click on the link and select "Open link in incognito window")

The team sent this to “select” premium season ticket holders only. I highly doubt they're going to get a valid result especially if the recipients are pre-screened

As one of the peasants in the peanut gallery, I believe ALL Redskins fans deserve a voice. Let them know how you feel. 

I think Dan really wants to win and really wants fans to like him and his operation.  But has an odd blindspot to the most obvious way to do it or is determined to convince himself that the best thing is for him to have his hand in shopping for the groceries and a big time executive would spoil that fun.  We can nitpick through the litany of things that have happened under his watch but if we go pure big picture there is one King Kong level item that he either doesn't seem to think is important and or thinks the fans care about.  And IMO he's dead wrong on it.    That is,:

A. Hire a stud to buy the groceries and stay out of the way.

It's not:

B.  The personnel guy doesn't have to be anyone special.  It's more important to hire someone he's friends with and close with and what happens happens.  

C. Hire someone that is a big name but not really a big name in personnel -- fans won't know the difference.  It could be Gibbs or Shanny or Doug playing GM. 

IMO if he just understood this one thing it would over time make the team a winner or at the very least would earn fan trust.  When you got an operation fans don't trust than you are going to be skeptical of everything you don't like on the surface versus trusting the process.

When it comes to defending Dan and Bruce whether its here, on twitter, call in radio -- you name it -- they have very few backers.  Most fans seem to be detractors.  And considering the team hasn't won more than 10 games since Dan has owned the team -- he obviously hasn't learned that most people don't buy into his approach.

The biggest thing that Bruce IMO missed when Scot was canned was that for many of us it wasn't per se about losing Scot specifically -- it was abandoning the winning formula that most franchises adopt.   Bruce/Dan following up with Scot's departure with the Doug hire IMO was a smack to the face of anybody within the fanbase who buys into the Steelers, Packers, Seahawks model, etc.  It was sort of an arrogant loud statement that hey we are back on the train of who gives a hoot who picks the groceries -- hey do you all love the 1987 Superbowl?  Lets bask in that nostalgia and greet Doug. 

To me all of that was a cringe worthy vintage example of why the Redskins have been mostly a losing franchise for decades.   

I'm surprised that there aren't a lot of 1s in the current poll, though sample size is large. 

We we should be ranked about average in each category.. we're not the patriots but we aren't the browns or giants either. We're about average, jay gruden has given us that much stability....

Except for vision... the cousins contact makes it impossible to plan longer term...

Hilarious. They send that survey to "select" respondents, and will later release a press release saying how broadly pleased the fan base is with team leadership (i.e., Allen should stay). It's all laughable. Reminds me of when a local municipality was receiving widespread, detailed complaints about erratic and unrealistically high electricity bills (the city is a municipal supplier of electricity). One day in the paper, there was a story about the high rate of customer satisfaction and confidence in the city's services. Readers lit 'em up in the comments section, saying they never received a survey, and if they had, they would've rated things much differently. Turns out that select areas were chosen to receive the survey.......certain zip codes in the service area. No different here. They know what they're doing with that ridiculous survey, but ain't foolin' nobody.

20 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Hilarious. They send that survey to "select" respondents, and will later release a press release saying how broadly pleased the fan base is with team leadership (i.e., Allen should stay). It's all laughable. Reminds me of when a local municipality was receiving widespread, detailed complaints about erratic and unrealistically high electricity bills (the city is a municipal supplier of electricity). One day in the paper, there was a story about the high rate of customer satisfaction and confidence in the city's services. Readers lit 'em up in the comments section, saying they never received a survey, and if they had, they would've rated things much differently. Turns out that select areas were chosen to receive the survey.......certain zip codes in the service area. No different here. They know what they're doing with that ridiculous survey, but ain't foolin' nobody.

Exactly - it’s a PR ploy , nothing more.  This organization has been one of the worst run in the NFL over the last 20 years. After SM was fired, I stopped believing in true change.  Fool me 50 times, shame on you.  Fool  me 51 times, shame on me.

I know the WaPo article quoted a premium ticket holder who shared the survey with them; however, was it only premium ticket holders who received the survey?

If so, I can't see how any premium season ticket holder feels like they are getting anywhere close to their money's worth from the Redskins. 

3 hours ago, Tsailand said:

@Cooleyfan1993 you feel valued by the organization?

In a way I do. I don’t think the team or the front office goes out of their way to make horrible choices. I think they generally are trying their best. Just they suck at their jobs ? I believe they WANT to make the fans happy. One of these years I do hope it happens. 

Team offense direction is about as bad as I can remember in my 40+ years of being a fan.

QB situation trash. Who is the QB next year? Who knows?

WR situation trash. Who is the starting receivers next year? Who knows?

TE situation trash. Counting on a guy who can’t stay healthy and a 34 year old is awful

RB situation not good. Perine was meh. Best RB hurt. No interesting backups

When your paying the 3rd most in the league for a TE who has missed a full combined season in the past three years and you embarrass the organization the way they handled the only franchise QB any of us has seen since forever in the media like they did and when you let your two 1000 yard receivers go and replace them with the biggest bust in free agency in the league then there is no team direction

A ranking of 1 is too high

Like many, the direction is quite dependent on how things go with Cousins.  However, being in this situation again points to the lack of vision.

I get many are torn on GMSM overall, but the way he was fired and BA stays as GM (others may be a part, but we know who makes final call), no one should expect this team realizes they will never win as currently set up.  By the time the draft rolls past next year we'll know a lot, but I don't have faith these guys know what they're doing to a degree that will lead to sustained success in the future.  

2 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Like many, the direction is quite dependent on how things go with Cousins.  However, being in this situation again points to the lack of vision.

I agree that's the key point.  This article below sums it well.  I've dealt with different employees with the organization multiple times in small doses from various things relating to my Redskins card credit, the charitable foundation, training camp, kids day, etc.  And they got some great people that work at Redskins Park from my experience.   I know some give Larry Michael a hard time for being too homerish but I've found him to be super cool and responsive.  

The problem IMO mostly just centers on shopping for the groceries. And The Kirk contract is the biggest and most glaring example of how they handle/mishandle personnel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/kirk-cousins-is-expected-to-leave-is-colt-mccoy-ready-for-his-redskins-close-up/2017/12/23/f6d71a2c-e76a-11e7-833f-155031558ff4_story.html?utm_term=.4888af6febba

Around the NFL, front-office executives and those who understand quarterback play can’t believe Washington would let Sunday’s game against the Denver Broncos (5-9) be Cousins’s last at FedEx Field as a Redskin.

“The thing you know with Kirk, he is committed to the job,” said CBS Sports analyst Trent Green, who, like Cousins, spent time as a Redskins backup quarterback before the then-St. Louis Rams signed him as their starter in 1999. “You don’t have to worry about whether he’s going to be distracted by other things. When you start evaluating quarterbacks coming out in the draft, you wonder, ‘How much does this mean to him? What’s going to happen if he gets a lot of money? A lot of fame?’ If you lose Cousins, you’re losing a guy who is 100 percent committed to making your team and your organization better.”

Said former NFL quarterback Babe Laufenberg, who has studied Cousins closely: “It would send a terrible message to the fans and the team. It would show or, perhaps more accurately, reinforce a lack of direction and stability — two things that are imperative for any successful business. Teams spend a lot of money and draft picks before you get to a guy like Kirk Cousins. To have him and let him go? I don’t get that.”

I’m in a weird in between here.  I don’t trust the FO structure at all, and I have serious reservations about Allen and Snyder (not that that’s changing any time soon).  

I like do like some of the personnel moves in-season, the way they’ve handled injuries, we extended some guys and are working with Brown (supposedly).  

I’ve been pretty happy with the drafting recently and the way young guys are developing.  Liked drafting a couple of guys that seemed to drop down boards because of injury -Fuller, Moreau, Allen.  Liked the one year deals to Brown/Pryor (imagine if we had paid big money for a LTD with the latter).  

I like the coaches that were brought in - I’m not sold on Manusky, but 1) I think he’s an upgrade, and 2) I love that he hired Gray and Tomsula.  

The FO can earn far more of my trust if they shoot for stability; re-sign key guys, continue to focus on the draft and do it well, and address (at least some of) the weaknesses.  

I guess I’d say that I have some optimism in the trend of the team, even if I have doubts about the makeup of the FO.  Things could go south in a hurry though.  

I can’t speak to the fan experience as I virtually never attend, but I think they are at least willing (if very slow) to try new things - updated Redskins Park (including weight room), redoing the field, the practice bubble, etc.  

Overall... not good, we’ve had worse, and I hope for better.  

You'd think that if the FO was really wanting to know the truth, they would have sent/requested the different Redskin sites to submit the poll to their fans and give a certain timeline to reply the responses by.

But I'm sure they didn't want to hear the truth so they catered to select premium season ticket holders; that's the ones who blindly invest in quantity  purchases for write-offs who barely have a grasp on what is going on; very similar to Bruce Allen because he has no clue either.

It does make me wonder why; did they hear rumblings while out at dinner somewhere and this is some strange ploy by Allen to use as evidence that he is doing a good job? Someone is feeling a little hot under the collar, or this is just a B.S. tactic by the F.O. to stifle the fan base into believing that they actually give a **** what us fans say and will do whatever to resolve it?

There should be 1 question and 1 question only, asked by WaPo.  " Does Bruce Allen deserve to be employed by the Redskins?"

In case anyone is curious, on #4 I voted '8' only because I believe the team did a good job considering what they had to work with.

their complete botching of the QB position means all of it sucks.

Incompetent doesn't even begin to decribe it.

See,, the Cleveland Browns are the gold standard of embarrassing ineptitude.,. but the Browns screw it up by never getting the talent they can work with and constantly trying again and again.

we HAVE the guy we need, and we have ****ed it up.

We cried for years and years about how we never build through the draft, we try to buy championships, yadda yadda yadda. 
we drafted Cousins, saw him up through the ranks, whether by plan or not (think Brady would have ever gotten to play if Bledsoe didnt' get hurt? Think about it. that injury never happens, and Brady may never be anything. 6th round guy who slides around the league holding clipboards for 5 years, then selling insurance.)
Serendipity smiled and now he's the GOAT. 

Serendipity smiled on us and led us to the better QB that we drafted.

And we have botched it.

Think the Browns will let the Man go once they finally find him? i wouldn't bet on it. Only the Redskins could be this dysfunctional. 
History will laugh at this team unless they wrap up the QB, and makes the entire "Direction we're headed" question become "WHERE THE **** ARE WE GOING?", because i don't know and neither does anybody else. The entire offense is already in flux with the need to replace practicall ALL the crap at ALL the skill positions,, and meanwhile letting the main ingredient just walk says not only is there no direction, but there never has BEEN one. Incompetent. clueless, bungling. directionless.

How can u say you have a direction when you're ready to let the best Qb we've had since the glory years walk, to move to Colt McCoy?
that's no direction. None at all.

~Bang

Archived