Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

From April:

What happens if Mueller is fired?

Harvard law professor Jack Goldsmith, also a former assistant attorney general, does not believe the situation would be so dire, if it comes to that. He predicted that current FBI Director Christopher Wray would continue the Russia investigation and that a new special counsel would be named.

Goldsmith also emphasized the legal hurdle Trump faces. "If Trump wished to stop the Mueller investigation, he couldn't just tweet a declaration that it is over," Goldsmith wrote in a Lawfare column earlier this year.

Goldsmith referred to the Department of Justice regulation that would cover any dismissal. It says that the attorney general (or acting attorney general) may remove the counsel only for "misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of Departmental policies," and must state the reasons in writing.

Justice Department institutional interests could make it difficult for Trump to kill the investigation. Even before Mueller's appointment last May, the FBI was looking into Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

Mueller has continued to work with other federal agencies and state prosecutors, including New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.

He has also worked with the US attorney for the Southern District of New York, Geoffrey Berman, which executed the search warrants at Cohen's office.

If the special counsel is removed, the future of those pending actions would be determined by DOJ officials.

Click on the link for the full article

A more recent reckoning:

If Trump Fires Mueller: How a Democratic-controlled House can salvage the Russia investigation

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

If anyone wanted to see how he'll act when his children and in-laws get indicted...well, there is it.

"Trump Jr....didn't hug me enough. Sad."

"Eric...wouldn't hold my hand on the campaign trail. Should have disowned him!"

"Ivanka....wouldn't let me bump and grind her on the dance floor. Never liked her!."

"Jared Kushner...doesn't have a Trump last name! Bad person. Disappointed!"

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Of course. Mueller will be fired by Friday.  I'm sure Mueller knows what's coming and has contingency plans.

I have almost zero doubts that there have been multiple sealed indictments delivered already as contingency plans. Mueller is a very smart guy, and has some of the top legal minds in the country working for him. There's pretty much no way they don't have a multitude of contingency plans in the event that Trump goes....well....full Trump.

Archived