Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

100% Jabrill peppers hasn't signed his rookie participation agreement yet because once he does the NFL will make him submit to a drug test. Gotta clean out the ol' system first. VERY suspect. Only first rounder in the NFL to miss rookie camp because he hasn't signed a very standard post-draft agreement.

• 3 months later...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000836994/article/cleveland-browns-release-veteran-corner-joe-haden

Solid Cornerback, leader whose just 28 yrs. old, and a hometown kid, Fort Washington, MD to be exact, which is up the road from where I live. I think we should take a look at Joe Haden; at least to improve our CB depth, or at the most upgrade the CB position.

Edited by Hogs 1991

Meanwhile, in scenic Hamilton, Ontario...

ESPN: Johnny Manziel, eager to play in CFL, still in talks with Tiger-Cats

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20519200/eager-play-cfl-johnny-manziel-continuing-talks-hamilton-tiger-cats

Hamilton is currently 0-8, at the bottom of the East Division, and the entire league. The Ti-Cats have been my favorite CFL team for a while, but that could change if they sign Johnny Sleazeball.

9 hours ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Meanwhile, in scenic Hamilton, Ontario...

ESPN: Johnny Manziel, eager to play in CFL, still in talks with Tiger-Cats

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20519200/eager-play-cfl-johnny-manziel-continuing-talks-hamilton-tiger-cats

Hamilton is currently 0-8, at the bottom of the East Division, and the entire league. The Ti-Cats have been my favorite CFL team for a while, but that could change if they sign Johnny Sleazeball.

Holy crap......he is still alive?  Surprised the hell outta me.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

PFT: Why won't Kaepernick, RGIII, Manziel consider CFL?

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/why-wont-colin-kaepernick-rgiii-johnny-manziel-consider-cfl

FYI - CFL rights to all 3 of these unemployed QBs are owned by the Hamilton Tiger Cats.

Plans to bring one of these guys to Hamilton may be on hold since the Ti-Cats have now won two in a row (pure speculation on my part) but I see Brandon Banks is on their roster. Maybe that could convince RGme to go to the armpit of Lake Ontario...

• 10 months later...

MANZIEL UPDATE: CFL CAREER SO FAR

Signed to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats prior to 2018 season

Played in 2 preseason games for Ti-Cats

First preseason series versus Toronto Argonauts:

After sitting on the bench for six games, traded to the Montreal Alouettes

So far, has played in 2 games for Montreal

Game 1 (against his old team) was a total disaster:

The second game versus the Ottawa Red Blacks was a big improvement (no INTs):

The Alouettes are dead last in the East division with a 1-7 record. There are still 10 more games for them to play. They have been cellar-dwellers 2 of the last 3 seasons. So far with Manziel at QB they are 0-2. Can Johnny save them?

The next game is on Saturday at the Edmondton Eskimos. This is kind of fun to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thing is if they had a kicker the first two games and a questionable replay yesterday, they'd be undefeated. However, good teams find ways to win and not lose. They're so close though. Also, if Mayfield didn't have 4 turnovers, that game wouldn't have been a contest. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 8:33 AM, Busch1724 said:

Thing is if they had a kicker the first two games and a questionable replay yesterday, they'd be undefeated. However, good teams find ways to win and not lose. They're so close though. Also, if Mayfield didn't have 4 turnovers, that game wouldn't have been a contest. 

They are really close to getting over the hump. They have a SB quality defense right now and a good young QB on a cheap contract. If they can get their offense to be a little more efficient, they are going to start rolling. 

Also, they must find a kicker. Or screw it, everybody hates kickers, I think they should be removed from the game personally, so just go for it every 4th down inside the 45. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 9:10 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They are really close to getting over the hump. They have a SB quality defense right now and a good young QB on a cheap contract. If they can get their offense to be a little more efficient, they are going to start rolling. 

Browns are better than us and will be for the foreseeable future. I’m not even a huge fan of Baker but they are ready to make some noise. 

Depends on who their head coach is next year but if they get a good one, they could take a big step next year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Browns have won 4 of their last 5 now that Gregg W is the interim coach.  Let's be honest - GW would have been far better than any of the coaches Snyder hired post Gibbs II.

Even Zorn went 6-2 when he first became coach...I think I'd wait at least 16 games before making any grand proclamations about Gregg Williams. That is, if he even gets 16 games.